Expectations for Malcolm Lewis this year

I can see him being to Olsen, what Hurns was to Morris and Hankerson to Harris. That go to receiver/possession type guy.

with all due respect to Malcolm, he better not be. #3 better be that guy!!! However, I'm hoping the team stays healthy and that they all get 15 plus touches a game. 9, 4, 3, 80 and 15 should be very nice. could be one of the best in ACC if we get total team production.

p.s. I forgot about herb. we have some serious experience at the position. I just hope the guys continue to work hard and push each other. QB better not mess this season up.

I'm not saying he'll be our leading receiver (statistically) like those guys I've mentioned. But, when we need that big 3rd down reception, he might be the guy. I still think Coley will lead in most of the statistical categories. But, a lot of teams will key in on him in key situations, which can open up a lot of opportunities for a player like Lewis. Just my opinion.

This is where I'm at too. Coley and Dorsett will get their yards, but I see Lewis as that "3rd and 4" guy who'll occasionally break a long one.

Advertisement
If we use the middle of the field. I can see Lewis having a big season. I see him as the best slot option, and the most consistent man. Too be that go to guy. When we need that 1st down.

I think he could very easily lead the team in catches, but i see yards going to Coley.

Herb, and Scott both will battle it out for 3rd for catches, and yards imo. I am hoping Scott gets it together finally. He can make amazing catches look easy, and make the easy ones look difficult.

I don't believe Dorsett will be able to hold off anyone of our other WR on the edge. Now that teams won't let him just run free for a deep out. IMO he had a lucky season. That had he had better hands, and was a year further along. He could have stole some NFL money.

Love brother Malcolms game. I'm thinkin ~25 catches, 300 yards, 3-4 TD's. He's got the talent for way more, but there just isn't enough balls to go around. All the freshman WR's should shirt barring injury, and that's a good thing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ya Malcolm looked good in the spring. Has a rapport with Olsen...in the slot he can do work this yr.

But i still see him around that 25-30 catch range with 3 or four tds.

I think Scott grabs a starting spot opposite Coley and Dorsett....Malcolm and Herb will battle for touches..and Herb is very explosive in the screen game more so than Malcolm.

Advertisement
Back