Expectation of recruiting class

BackToU

Recruit
We didn’t close strong down the stretch last year losing Jobe, Surtain, Champell and others. Seems like that has carried over to this class. Most of our main targets slipping away in Bogle, Neal and Stevenson.

Is it just me or Does it seem like Richt might not be the monster on the trail that he once was? And why did it happen so quick? Despite this season did take Miami to ACc championship last year and a major bowl

Advertisement
Advertisement
I am not sure Richt has been a recruiting monster for a while. Maybe he never was.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/the-best-and-worst-of-recent-georgia-recruiting-classes

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_...ark-richt-mirror-his-early-success-at-georgia

I also understand that it is not just about recruiting. It is also about character/fit, keeping those players as part of the program, and player development. Seems to me that he got real some studs, no question, but he should have at Georgia. That state is always loaded and it is THE state school. To me, Georgia ought to, every year, be looking at a top 10 class (just like Texas, USC, and LSU). Not sure a top 10 class there makes you a recruiting monster. I am pretty sure that those classes did not turn into top 10 teams very often.

Advertisement
Hope for the class? Finish top 13 with Bogle, Stevenson, Isaac, Yarde, Haselwood, Dunmore, MAR, Washington, a QB in the class.

Expectation? Finish around 24/25, getting at most 4 of the aforementioned players.

This is just a depressing class and its starting to the process of Mark's firing. Sorry to say it but if you can't recruit you will not last long. F$U has a great class if you take into account the product they put on the field with 5-7 team

This is just a depressing class and its starting to the process of Mark's firing. Sorry to say it but if you can't recruit you will not last long. F$U has a great class if you take into account the product they put on the field with 5-7 team
FSU has had that class since before their season started and are slated to loose more guys than what they will get. Do you even follow recruiting?

Advertisement
FSU has had that class since before their season started and are slated to loose more guys than what they will get. Do you even follow recruiting?
Yes I do, it's my opinion and your entitle to you own opinion. FSU also had a terrible season last year and still have there commits this year while putting a worse product on the field than Miami. Until a recruit decommits you don't know what will happen like the rest of us. You have no idea, by those standards we don't have Tarquin (UF), Brownlee (FSU), Solomon (Michigan), & Eguakun (Auburn/UF) committed because some would say they will not end up in the class.

If we'd have finished the season 5-7 probably we wouldn't have any commits right now.

Decommitments are a REAL problem for us.

Yes I do, it's my opinion and your entitle to you own opinion. FSU also had a terrible season last year and still have there commits this year while putting a worse product on the field than Miami. Until a recruit decommits you don't know what will happen like the rest of us. You have no idea, by those standards we don't have Tarquin (UF), Brownlee (FSU), Solomon (Michigan), & Eguakun (Auburn/UF) committed because some would say they will not end up in the class.
They had a good class before they had a new head coach which sells new hope. This year they were supposed to get the year 1 boost and they havent. Florida has recently and they arent even doing that well .

Advertisement
From the looks of it I think we have a higher chance of getting 500 yards of total offense before any of these croots mayne :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I haven't been following FSU's class as closely this season. I know Renado Green is on the way out, they lost the O-line Cross. Who else? F*ck i hope the list is long!

thanks in advance

We didn’t close strong down the stretch last year losing Jobe, Surtain, Champell and others. Seems like that has carried over to this class. Most of our main targets slipping away in Bogle, Neal and Stevenson.

Is it just me or Does it seem like Richt might not be the monster on the trail that he once was? And why did it happen so quick? Despite this season did take Miami to ACc championship last year and a major bowl

Not sure he was ever a monster, but I don't think staff will work hard and get some damage control done.

QB--- Biggest mistake of them all, gotta hope for grad transfer
RB--- 1-2 of Williams, Richards, Mitchell (only we take 2 is if Richards involved, I don't believe we'll pass)
WR---1-4 of Payton, Dunmore, Jones, Haselwood (Payton a lock, and all of a sudden it may be a need w the attrition, Dugans may just pull all 4)...Second most mysterious spot behind OL, but with Dugans and Haselwood's mysterious attachment to UM much more optimistic
TE--- 0-1 of Zipperer, Wynd (unless the Homestead kid is still on the back burner as backup plan, we may just take Hodges if we miss on these 2)
OL--- END UP WITH 3-4 (have to recruit the **** out of this...If we assume Neal gone, we have the 2 commits in play, and some new names at OT, Washington, etc...Jucos/local kids like Boateng/Boyd/, etc). This is the spot imo with most doubt and uncertainty...Need tackles for sure, and getting those commits to stick is imperative.

DT---0-1 more Fuller/Hunter/Vilbert I have Vilbert listed here, could be SSDE. The point being I think hope we end up with 7 DL, and it's ok if one is a combo guy
DE---1-2 more Bogle/Isaac/Summerall. Assuming Weaver is out. I'm confident we land 1 of those 3.
LB---Probalby pass if Solomon sticks. If he doesn't then Foote/Gordon as a replacement. Or someone else can surface. Also is the Joyner move to MLB permanent?
DB---1-3 more. Stevenson/Dent/Elam/Dmerson. 3 would be a long shot imo. For some reason I think Stevenson is the local superstar that stays home.

-DB/DL/OL is where the concern is, but there are a lot of names, some since spring some new, being recruited.
-WR and RB will be fine imo. And I honestly think LB will be fine even without Solomon...I did like him as a striker candidate though. Tight End imo can wait til next year if we miss on the two main targets
-QB is hopeless and an awful decision, gotta hope grad transfer.

Advertisement
Back