Expectation hasn't changed

Advertisement
Yo why yall be messing with this man so bad? Nothing wrong with this particular post IMO.

It's just hate man, I try to bring positive post to the board and solid info but it is what it is man. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I know everyone don't hate me on this board but some do. Regardless I'm still a cane at the end of the day, I don't have a problem with anyone on here

Losing AQM and Grace basically turned what would've been an elite defense / to one that is solid, has potential to be great, but not there yet.

Still should be one of the top defenses in the ACC IMO, so as long as the offense lives up to expectations, Miami should still be able to challenge and possibly win the ACC.

Last edited:
Whatever record we end up with--it would have been better with a healthy Grace and AQM on the team.

Then those wins get taken away and we get probation if they play. I'll take my chances without them. I'm not sold on them being that big of a difference. Were they good for an extra win or two last year?

Both players made selfish decisions and you are right, this could have led to probation in the future. Heck ,this could have escalated to the point where every player with pro potential was doing the same thing. Now you are talking a systemic problem -with multiple suspensions -probabtion..who knows how bad this could have gotten. Maybe the locker room is better off without these two on the team.

Beat Florida State for ***** sake. Guys need to man the **** up!!

Advertisement
Show me the records for teams that have started 3 freshman linebackers.

Or even 3 first time playing LBs for that matter.

I think that will give everyone a dose of reality.

I'd be interested to know this information as well.

I'm still excited for the season and am excited for what the future (a word that I'm tired of linking with this program) holds but if you aren't second guessing your expectations this season then you're in total denial or delusional. It's very difficult for any team to lose arguably their best 3 defenders and reach expectations.

Thought AQM was going to eat this year so that sucks. Grace is definitely the bigger loss though in my opinion. Gotta step up by committee and have a no excuse attitude. Just win.

I look at it this way...
... we have not seen this team play one minute under Richt yet.
So it is difficult for me to change expectations when I did not know what to expect in the first place.

After the first four games we should pretty much know what this team can do. Then hope they just ball out and outscore everyone.

Advertisement
it would be nice if choc didnt get injured and grace and muhammad got booted earlier. i think choc would do alright at lb

Show me the records for teams that have started 3 freshman linebackers.

Or even 3 first time playing LBs for that matter.

I think that will give everyone a dose of reality.

Well Michigan State went 12-2 with three freshman starting in their secondary.

Alabama went 14-1 with three freshman playing their secondary.

Oklahoma went 11-2 with two freshman starting on their OL.

And Clemson had multiple true freshman playing on their offense last season.

I doubt we see three freshman on the field a lot with the defense anyway. Most likely we will be nickel more than the 30% that Golden played it last season.

I look at it this way...
... we have not seen this team play one minute under Richt yet.
So it is difficult for me to change expectations when I did not know what to expect in the first place.

After the first four games we should pretty much know what this team can do. Then hope they just ball out and outscore everyone.

First 3 games are the 3 easiest of the year then we play an okay GT team. If we are going to suck,it just may show in the first 4 games but we can easily win the first 4 and still suck the rest of the way as the competition ramps up.

Advertisement
What I am saying is that I can get a better grasp of what the concepts and philosophies are within those first four games. And pretty much see basic things like how the coaching staff runs things during gameday, adjustments at halftime, formations, game management, special teams, etc.

And of course I will see what players can do within the systems and what the depth looks like after those first four games.
Then I can have a more accurate expectation.

Of course I won't be able to predict the future, but I will be able to get a much better pulse of this team.

Clueless Broke strikes yet again.

This guy really wants to move Jamal Carter, a guy who has played safety his entire four year career here, to LB a week before the season starts. Nothing you say can be taken seriously.

I don't believe carter will be moved to LB but I do think he would fit the role well. plays physically, can see the field well as a safety and we have depth at safety for him to step up into a strong side lb spot. I don't see the craziness in that at all knowing we just lost grace.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back