Expectation hasn't changed

brock

All-American
Yeah we lost 2 good players and that's sucks but it is what it is. We open 1 week in a great stadium. I still think winning 10 or more this year is possible my reasons why are listed below.
We went 8-5 with Goldens staff mind you with possibly the worst set of coaches we ever had since our program started to gain exposure and return about 16 starters after the subtraction of Muhammad and grace.

Subtractions from golden era
-no more golden,
-no more donofrio(horrible every series)
-no more James
coley(horrible play caller outside of the first series)
- no more 2 Gap
- no more patty cake
- no more pussification of the UM program

Now the additions to the program
+New coaching staff
+Mark richt( offense will improve drastically)
+Best dline coach in the country
+A defensive coordinator who have fielded top defenses in the country while not having the best players in the toughest conference in cfb
+ brad kaaya being coached by one of the best QB coaches ever in football
+ added talented receivers( Richards, Harris, Bruce, Mullins) and coley is still on the team
+ extremely talented tight end group
+ Oline doesn't look out of shape and have made improvements
+ True running back competition and we are very deep there with talent
+ dline group even with the loss of Muhammad is still very talented. Gerald Willis, Trent Harris, djack, Joseph Jackson, Patrick bethel can all play end if they have to even Rj mcintosh.
+ another side note AGRESSIVE DEFENSE, and PLAYING IN THE BACKFIELD. Dline focusing on penetrating instead of taking up space at the line of scrimmage.
+ db group has developed some depth and we have a few emerging players in the secondary behind our starters.
+ swag 16 class seems to be the most talented class Miami has recruited recently. Not many projects at all outside a lineman or 2.
+New strength and conditioning program

+Last but not least... The Bermuda Triangle 2.0 is ready to take over point blank period.
Let's get it.., go canes!!!

Now that we have some perspective we have essentially been playing against these teams with 1 hand behind our back playing that passive as5 scheme and also horrible offensive play calling. With all of that being said we still won 8 games last year and would have been more if not for the coaches inept philosohies in the cincy, Fsu, wsu games. The new coaches wil definitely help in this area for sure. So we are not exacting starting off with nothing to work with. We have a lot of positive things going for us.

If unc, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan state can win more than 10 games why in the **** can we not expect to do that either with what we have on the roster and coaching staff?

Last edited:
Advertisement
One game at a time, it's really that simple. With the staff we have anything is possible, I'm ready for some **** football.

This is why folks mess with you...

This thread is unnecessary.

I don't see anything wrong with what I posted. All I was saying is what we subtracted( golden and co( their philosophies) and adding the new additions to this team that we have had since richt been here. Yeah it's sad that grace and Muhammad are gone but 2 players are not going to make or break a team period that's not how football works. It's not all doom and gloom. We still have pieces in place to have a sucessful season

Last edited:
Advertisement
Clueless Broke strikes yet again.

This guy really wants to move Jamal Carter, a guy who has played safety his entire four year career here, to LB a week before the season starts. Nothing you say can be taken seriously.

This guy really wants to move Jamal Carter, a guy who has played safety his entire four year career here, to LB a week before the season starts. Nothing you say can be taken seriously.

Dawg seriously? You probably said the same thing about ray Ray Armstrong when he was here and now he is flourishing at linebacker for the 49ers. Only reason why I said that is because we have a more than capable starter in Jaquan Johnson who can take over for Carter and plus Carter would help fill the void of our line backer who can cover sideline to sideline now that grace is gone and also brings a physical presence. And remember it's about putting your best 11 on the field at all times. When we run the 4-2-5 he likely will play closer to the line of scrimmage regardless.

Advertisement

Dawg seriously? You probably said the same thing about ray Ray Armstrong when he was here and now he is flourishing at linebacker for the 49ers. Only reason why I said that is because we have a more than capable starter in Jaquan Johnson who can take over for Carter and plus Carter would help fill the void of our line backer who can cover sideline to sideline now that grace is gone and also brings a physical presence. And remember it's about putting your best 11 on the field at all times. When we run the 4-2-5 he likely will play closer to the line of scrimmage regardless.

Do you have idea how difficult it is for player to switch positions?

This is not Madden. There are so many different responsibilities and techniques that he would need to learn. Different play calls, different everything.

THIS IS A WEEK BEFORE THE SEASON. HE IS OUR STARTING SAFETY.

What is wrong with you?

Do you have idea how difficult it is for player to switch positions?

This is not Madden. There are so many different responsibilities and techniques that he would need to learn. Different play calls, different everything.

THIS IS A WEEK BEFORE THE SEASON. HE IS OUR STARTING SAFETY.

What is wrong with you?

I understand that but he can be fine tuned with warmup match ups with FAMU and fau just to gain experience. It's a moot point I would think it's an option **** Carter was bigger than grace to begin. I think this changes the defense to go a lot more 4-2-5 anyway and out of Jenkins, Jaquan, Jamal I think Jamal will play a more in the box role this year when we run that scheme

Im pretty sure ray ray spent that entire off season learning the linebacker position and wasnt just thrown in their

Advertisement
Whatever record we end up with--it would have been better with a healthy Grace and AQM on the team.

Then those wins get taken away and we get probation if they play. I'll take my chances without them. I'm not sold on them being that big of a difference. Were they good for an extra win or two last year?

Advertisement
It will be harder now, but 9-3 or 10-2 is still possible.

This. The schedule hasn't changed, but lack of quality depth/experience may cost us through the meat of the schedule.

It will absolutely make October much harder, but I still don't believe that it makes us go 0-4 either. With a coach like Golden, yeah, I think losing these two would have that kind of an impact.

Show me the records for teams that have started 3 freshman linebackers.

Or even 3 first time playing LBs for that matter.

I think that will give everyone a dose of reality.

Yeah we lost 2 good players and that's sucks but it is what it is. We open 1 week in a great stadium. I still think winning 10 or more this year is possible my reasons why are listed below.
We went 8-5 with Goldens staff mind you with possibly the worst set of coaches we ever had since our program started to gain exposure and return about 16 starters after the subtraction of Muhammad and grace.

Subtractions from golden era
-no more golden,
-no more donofrio(horrible every series)
-no more James
coley(horrible play caller outside of the first series)
- no more 2 Gap
- no more patty cake
- no more pussification of the UM program

Now the additions to the program
+New coaching staff
+Mark richt( offense will improve drastically)
+Best dline coach in the country
+A defensive coordinator who have fielded top defenses in the country while not having the best players in the toughest conference in cfb
+ brad kaaya being coached by one of the best QB coaches ever in football
+ added talented receivers( Richards, Harris, Bruce, Mullins) and coley is still on the team
+ extremely talented tight end group
+ Oline doesn't look out of shape and have made improvements
+ True running back competition and we are very deep there with talent
+ dline group even with the loss of Muhammad is still very talented. Gerald Willis, Trent Harris, djack, Joseph Jackson, Patrick bethel can all play end if they have to even Rj mcintosh.
+ another side note AGRESSIVE DEFENSE, and PLAYING IN THE BACKFIELD. Dline focusing on penetrating instead of taking up space at the line of scrimmage.
+ db group has developed some depth and we have a few emerging players in the secondary behind our starters.
+ swag 16 class seems to be the most talented class Miami has recruited recently. Not many projects at all outside a lineman or 2.
+New strength and conditioning program

+Last but not least... The Bermuda Triangle 2.0 is ready to take over point blank period.
Let's get it.., go canes!!!

Now that we have some perspective we have essentially been playing against these teams with 1 hand behind our back playing that passive as5 scheme and also horrible offensive play calling. With all of that being said we still won 8 games last year and would have been more if not for the coaches inept philosohies in the cincy, Fsu, wsu games. The new coaches wil definitely help in this area for sure. So we are not exacting starting off with nothing to work with. We have a lot of positive things going for us.

If unc, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan state can win more than 10 games why in the **** can we not expect to do that either with what we have on the roster and coaching staff?

shake those pom poms brother....

Advertisement
Back