Expand the ******* recruiting footprint

bAMACANE

Sophomore
Tired of this man! Happy for the kids to sign with top programs, but man Miami never lands the "top" players from South Florida. From a recruiting strategy, why are you going all in on players without any viable backup options? Just like kids want to leave South Florida to play ball, kids want to come to Miami and play ball! I've lived in Bama, Louisiana, and Texas and there's no shortage of love for the U in some of these places.

Advertisement
Totally agreed. The chance to move to Miami is our number one recruiting advantage and it doesnt really work on kids who lived their whole lives here and dont know anything different.

It would be great to build a wall around South Florida, but I just dont think it is possible in this day and age.

Advertisement
Recruit Florida 75% of the class, 10% Georgia and 15% everywhere else.

Might get some heat for that but you can say we don’t need to leave the state to recruit but naw. Historically a lot of Miami’s best players weren’t from Florida so we can’t be closed minded in this. We just need to get the best that we can in south Florida and cherry pick the rest of Florida, and prioritize elite guys who plan on leaving their homestate nationally

Last edited:
Tired of this man! Happy for the kids to sign with top programs, but man Miami never lands the "top" players from South Florida. From a recruiting strategy, why are you going all in on players without any viable backup options? Just like kids want to leave South Florida to play ball, kids want to come to Miami and play ball! I've lived in Bama, Louisiana, and Texas and there's no shortage of love for the U in some of these places.
LSU has lost there backyard to bama, its why they declined so fast. No one forgot how to coach there its just bama crippled them they took what makes them great stole it, same thing teams do to us.....if they keep landing Miami kids then we stay put if they dont and we get them we become great.

Louisiana kids been leaving that state more & more, we doing good in Georgia, start grabbing some of those guys
Agree with you on Louisiana, since Les Miles got fired there hasn't been much local loyalty to LSU anymore.

Eddy O really messed up when he fired Coach Juluke from his staff last year too, he was a big time local HS guy that all the kids loved & has a lot of pull in crootin' down there.

The top Louisiana kids are going to Bama or Texas schools, some of them are staying home, but a lot of them are leaving.

The thing that's really difficult for us is Louisiana kids are extremely steeped in SEC bag culture, even more so than Florida. I still agree that we need to start forging some pipelines into Louisiana & Texas (especially for QB's).

We can start this class by flipping 5-star OG Kardell Thomas.

Advertisement
If you're referring to the 5 star CB's, I think the group of Blades, Bethel, Frierson, and Ivey should qualify as a **** good backup plan. If you weren't talking about them, then don

LSU has lost there backyard to bama, its why they declined so fast. No one forgot how to coach there its just bama crippled them they took what makes them great stole it, same thing teams do to us.....if they keep landing Miami kids then we stay put if they dont and we get them we become great.

Thats a myth. Only last recruiting class they did and thats because of the transition. LSU pretty much gets who they want in state. But......i wish we would set up shop in New Orleans...those guys love the miami area and would come..

Someone mentioned how much DeSoto in the DFW area loves the U. That Oak Cliff/South Dallas/DeSoto/Cedar Hill/Duncanville area would be a nice place to get some players from every now and then

Advertisement
Trust and believe me, IF Miami puts a coach in the state of Louisiana for recruiting, Miami can pull their share of Louisiana recruits!! My state is loaded with talent, I know for sure Miami is a school of choice around The Boot, we just need to get coaches here to recruit the state..

We already are going out of the area to recruit. We've been hammering Georgia, and the Jacksonville area the last two recruiting cycles, and we are working Duval county again for the 2019 class. IMHO one advantage to hiring Richt was the contacts he has outside of South Florida.

If you're referring to the 5 star CB's, I think the group of Blades, Bethel, Frierson, and Ivey should qualify as a **** good backup plan. If you weren't talking about them, then don
They gonna be livid w next years class, which may not even end up in the top 10, but will be loaded w Miami caliber, S. FL centric dogs (this is a good thing btw).

Advertisement
Recruit Florida 75% of the class, 10% Georgia and 15% everywhere else.

Might get some heat for that but you can say we don’t need to leave the state to recruit but naw. Historically a lot of Miami’s best players weren’t from Florida so we can’t be closed minded in this. We just need to get the best that we can in south Florida and cherry pick the rest of Florida, and prioritize elite guys who plan on leaving their homestate nationally

Miami even in its prime has never been 100% Miami. Most of the time we'd recruit 75% Florida and sprinkle the rest of the roster with OOS kids.

Thats a myth. Only last recruiting class they did and thats because of the transition. LSU pretty much gets who they want in state. But......i wish we would set up shop in New Orleans...those guys love the miami area and would come..

They still miss on some guys like landon collins......if it were years before that kid would go to lsu. Its not as bad as we have it but slowly but surely they are starting to lose guys.....louisiana kids are more loyal to there yard then sfla. I think its more of bama just being in kids minds because of there historic run.....everyone wants to play there.

We recruit a kid we want wherever they may be.

The one truth to recruiting is recruits usually stay close to home. The odds of getting someone from California is lower than say Texas.

The amount of resources to go up against in state or regional powers just isn't there for most schools. Only the elites can typically cherry pick studs from wherever, so just win games.

The idea that we don't look at or contact recruits wherever is absurd. You don't want to waste the money or time when the chances of getting that recruit are slim to none.

Advertisement
Back