Exhibition Game - Florida Tech

Advertisement
check Pete's twitter feed. There is also a stream on caneallaccess but you have to subscribe I believe

We win 84-55

Rion was 6-7 from downtown and finished with 20 points. I know Adams had 11 at the half, not sure what he ended up with. Burnett had somewhere around 14-16 points as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Michelle Kaufman ‏@kaufsports 11m
#UM beats Fla Tech 84-55. Rion Brown 20 pts, Garrius Adams 16 pts-10 reb-5 asst, Deandre Burnett 16, Kirk 13-9 reb. , Jekiri 10 reb

Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 4m
Miami Central RB Dalvin Cook was at the #Canes basketball exhibition tonight vs. Florida Tech. Cook's brother DeAndre Burnett is a Miami PG

603.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
15-26 from the line?

Ouch

This **** better not be happening on a regular basis. *bzzzzzt* Coach L to the FT line, Coach L. Coach L, you are needed at the FT line. *bzzzzzt*

Especially this year. We need to limit mistakes and make the most of our opportunities, especially when they are free.

I agree, but the one note I'll make is that 14 of the 26 FT attempts were by Kirk, Jekiri, Akpejiori and Swoope, not exactly the most skilled shooters in the world. Everyone actually shot exactly 50 percent except Burnett, who made 5-6.

Advertisement
15-26 from the line?

Ouch

This **** better not be happening on a regular basis. *bzzzzzt* Coach L to the FT line, Coach L. Coach L, you are needed at the FT line. *bzzzzzt*

Especially this year. We need to limit mistakes and make the most of our opportunities, especially when they are free.

I agree, but the one note I'll make is that 14 of the 26 FT attempts were by Kirk, Jekiri, Akpejiori and Swoope, not exactly the most skilled shooters in the world. Everyone actually shot exactly 50 percent except Burnett, who made 5-6.

Okay but the point still remains.

What did those 4 guys shoot on the 14 attempts?

15-26 from the line?

Ouch

50 percent. It's not acceptable. I just wanted to make the point that it was skewed towards less skilled shooters. Reed and Adams need to hit theirs, and Manu and Brown need to get to the line. If the shots were distributed more evenly amongst bigs and guards/wings, as I would think would be more typical, perhaps the percentage might have been higher. Each individual can only be responsible for hitting their shots when they get to the line, and they all need to improve.

50 percent. It's not acceptable. I just wanted to make the point that it was skewed towards less skilled shooters. Reed and Adams need to hit theirs, and Manu and Brown need to get to the line. If the shots were distributed more evenly amongst bigs and guards/wings, as I would think would be more typical, perhaps the percentage might have been higher. Each individual can only be responsible for hitting their shots when they get to the line, and they all need to improve.

+1

Advertisement
Back