Execution? I’m in favor of it…

Miami[]_[]Smoke

Recruit
Bud Kilmer is our coach and OC and we just have to accept that for the next decade.
-everyone telling me we got a broyles winner as oc and that somehow proved Mario made a great hire can sit down now. I struggle to ever remember a time when someone said “i have a great idea, let’s bring that Michigan offense to Miami”. Others can also stop telling me year after year after year how we’re saving our playbook when we look like crap against bad teams.

-This offense is exactly what I thought it was and it’s failing for the same reason I thought it would. We need an explosive offense to be successful because we aren’t good or disciplined enough to methodically march down the field for 12-15 plays before we get In our own way with penalties, drops, or sacks that kill the drive. We can’t even do it once, let alone several times a game. Why would that be our offensive strategy when its our biggest weakness? anyone who has watched us the last 15 years knows we aren’t disciplined. We have also proven almost every year that we can’t out- talent comparable teams, we need a good scheme and Mario and gattis only rely On “physicality”. I’ll get sick of hearing that word from him by October for sure

-red zone play calling is beyond pathetic. Don’t remember us even throwing the ball into the end zone once
-Mario is way too conservative, as previously thought. kicking a fg down 14 to go down 11 in the 4th quarter When you have yet to score a td? I think it was 4th and 4…Genius.

-this offense will continue to be boring to watch and make games closer than they should be all year, just like Mario did at Oregon. If we go that slow when we’re down 2 scores, imagine when we have a lead.
- gattis couldn’t take advantage of a pass defense which had 4 dbs out
- constant 2-3 yd routes when we need 8 on 3rd down are maddening, so are slants on 2nd and 30 down 2 scores. Again, so conservative
- I figured tvd would have a sophomore slump but didn’t think it would be this bad. We can’t have nice things and never scheme to our strengths
- remember when Miami fans laughed at wr‘s going to bama when they were a running team? That’s us now, only much Less successful. No stud qb or wr is going to come here, and if they do they won’t reach their potential. I also have a hard time seeing Garcia wait another year behind tvd to run this offense, hope I’m wrong.
- Mario can fix some things through recruiting but we aren’t going to be playoff caliber with an offense like this. worst thing is he has a fatal flaw just like our other recent coaches And I don’t see him changing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back