Exciting time to be a Cane

Advertisement
EVERY department has its own budget as determined by the BOTS.

Football isnt the only University department requesting $$$.....and it doesn't take priority over our other University departments

Miami is NOT a football only school
Not big on sarcasm I see..... Sounds like you might be Provost or something. Send my regards to the big wigs.

Advertisement
Yet they have no money....

What are you talking about!!! UM raised $4B in its last two campaigns. They have PLENTY of money. The BOT derides athletics, which I oppose, but UM has excellent funding. They are focusing on engineering, the law school, campus improvements, analytics classes, the Biotech center and the Medical Center.

She’s tried to bankrupt it with the Miami hospital bs.

She’s a fvckin idiot.

I heard the hospital was on decent "footing". In the long-run, buying the hospital was a great idea, especially taking USA demographics into account. Turning the operation around was a colossal undertaking, but they seem to be cash flow positive. She paid too much for it, but it will strongly benefit the Medical school over the nest 25+ years.

The city already had it's corrupt eyes on that land for the baseball stadium they screwed taxpayers into paying for while they lined their pockets.

Any cash dumped into the OB was the equivalent of flushing money down the toilet. With that potential eviction swirling over our heads we had to almost instantaneously find long term stability, something we were never going to get at the OB.

The OB's time was over when we moved, plain and simple.
You keep telling yourself that bs! And what about the joint venture she turned down with FIU? ***** said she would gladly spend millions on a new science building before she WASTE it on a stadium!

Advertisement
So Miami getting a 260 million dollar upgrade with the centennial village dorms?

And a 155 million dollar upgrade for the student village complex?

Business is booming

Business is booming and that WITHOUT Miami's football program doing well. You would think the big wigs at the University would see the football programs potential, see green, and invest.

What are you talking about!!! UM raised $4B in its last two campaigns. They have PLENTY of money. The BOT derides athletics, which I oppose, but UM has excellent funding. They are focusing on engineering, the law school, campus improvements, analytics classes, the Biotech center and the Medical Center.
That was the tongue n cheek aspect of my post. I understand everyone has a different sense of humor but " C'mon man!!!*.

I knew they would. I shunned those guys when Dr. Lew Temares retired. Enjoy the snobs my friend

I enjoy almost everyone I meet ...so thanks.

I'll let them know that you're shunning them now.. Im sure that they'll be so disappointed to learn that. Have a good one

Advertisement
Advertisement
those are amazing renderings.. What does it cost to attend the University now? Man, it was outrageous 30 years ago when I went! go CANES!!

Another photo.

They essentially cut the towers in half and turned them on their side; very nice use of the space. They need to really invest in more trees to create a nice grove-like canopy. I know Foote's wife really did a nice job with the landscaping on campus but Hurricane Andrew destroyed a lot of her work.

Advertisement
Back