Exciting time to be a Cane

Advertisement
Hahaha. It was a an absolute ****hole but I did make a ton of lifelong friends there. I could've managed with a fewwww less music school dorks in Stanford though.

I commuted so ost time spent in rec, Rat, and the pool area. Even in Law School I never liked the library much.

Advertisement
Looks beautiful. When I was at UM most of the dorms weren’t even air conditioned. Fortunately, I got in one that was senior year.

Good deal. You have to do this type of thing to remain competitive. Posters here are always in denial toward how significant the campus experience is to landing recruits.

USC did this recently, tearing down the old University Village from my era and replacing with a modern version called simply USC Village. It has been a huge hit and is now part of the recruiting tour.

Advertisement
This build out is a required move. Miami has fallen way behind in the dorm arms race for students.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/caranewlon/2014/07/31/the-college-amenities-arms-race/

Have you seen LSU (they have a lazy river)? Oregon? Arizona? UF? Etc. Students want a high end living experience as well.

Especially when tuition at Miami is now, what, $45k/yr at full rate?

Millennials in particular expect executive pay/benefits because their bags full of partcipation trophies validate how awesome they really are. Of course they deserve resort style accomodations while going to school.

#wearef[]ckedin20years

Last edited:
Shalaa truly let this university rot.

The minute she left we began to renovate not only in football but other places to.
***** was asked to raise / put up 25-30 mill to help renovate the OB and refused! For years UM fans have been lied to that UM was asked to fork over hundreds of millions of dollars to help restore the OB. Eff'n LIE!!!

***** was asked to raise / put up 25-30 mill to help renovate the OB and refused! For years UM fans have been lied to that UM was asked to fork over hundreds of millions of dollars to help restore the OB. Eff'n LIE!!!

$200MM was the ask as I recall.

$1B wouldn't have saved that death trap. Great place, great memories. Bad infrastructure.

Time and money just passed the OB by.

Why complain, look at the sweet deal the local politicians were able to get with Marlins Park.

The city already had it's corrupt eyes on that land for the baseball stadium they screwed taxpayers into paying for while they lined their pockets.

Any cash dumped into the OB was the equivalent of flushing money down the toilet. With that potential eviction swirling over our heads we had to almost instantaneously find long term stability, something we were never going to get at the OB.

The OB's time was over when we moved, plain and simple.

Advertisement
So Miami getting a 260 million dollar upgrade with the centennial village dorms?

And a 155 million dollar upgrade for the student village complex?

Business is booming
Yes, so what’s another $1mm for a top notch OC

Yet they have no money....

EVERY department has its own budget as determined by the BOTS.

Football isnt the only University department requesting $$$.....and it doesn't take priority over our other University departments

Miami is NOT a football only school

Advertisement
I think the superbowl will be in miami to as well in 2020. I'm telling **** is about to turn around for this football team.

This build out is a required move. Miami has fallen way behind in the dorm arms race for students.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/caranewlon/2014/07/31/the-college-amenities-arms-race/

Have you seen LSU (they have a lazy river)? Oregon? Arizona? UF? Etc. Students want a high end living experience as well.

Especially when tuition at Miami is now, what, $45k/yr at full rate?

Millennials in particular expect executive pay/benefits because their bags full of partcipation trophies validate how awesome they really are. Of course they deserve resort style accomodations while going to school.

#wearef[]ckedin20years

My son has a single in Pentland. It is truly sub-standard. He told me he was trying to close his storm shutter window and the latch broke. His thermostat in his room looks like an original. The common room by the elevators is disgusting. LoL

Next time I'm traveling through Gainesville, I'm going to stop at a local bar and explain to people there how we just got an influx of Colombian and Venezuelan 9s and 10s in Miami. These women walk around in short skirts every day. Thanks for your attention.

Advertisement
Back