Excited to see what this pass defense can do

All ACC
Premium
We're really going to see what Colbert and Redwine are like in coverage in this defense, and probably dip further into our cornerback depth.

I'm most excited to see what our D line can do with their ears pinned back going after the quarterback against real competition. If it's anything close to what it looked like vs FAU it's going to be extremely fun to watch us eat.

One of our biggest worries, as pointed out several times by LU, should be our young freshmen backers. We haven't faced a passing offense yet, which worries me going up against Fisher. But, LFG!

Advertisement
If we don't get consistent pressure with our front 4 we're gonna have to win a shootout. It's really that simple.

I'm terrified, but that's completely normal.

as am I......

Never really matters who is ranked or who is having a off year, FSU/Miami is just about always a dog fight. Just hoping that we can put a historical *** kicking on them this year after hearing about them for six years. Up here in the panhandle all you hear about is FSU and Bama.

I feel confident. The young backers will be fine, not too much confusion going on with FSU. I am going to need Rashawn and Jamal to wrap the **** up when they tackle though.

Advertisement
our defensive line will make or break us

fsu is in the 100's in tackles for loss allowed and give up 6.6, we average 12 which is 1st in the country

they allow 3.2 sacks per game which is near dead last as well, we average 4 per game which is 4th in the country

both teams will score a lot of points, but our defensive line coming up with TFL and a few big stops will be the difference because their defense will not be able to do that against us

I feel like this is going to be a close one. But our defense biggest challenge is stopping Cook. Cook will have a field day if we let him get outside and get in open space.

Advertisement
Back