Excellent article on King

Advertisement
Pay wall summary:

1579628599815.png

“He worked really hard that offseason and established himself as the guy. If you want to be the guy, you have to do different things to win the job. It’s not only making completions. It’s being the leader. You don’t get to go to the parties on Friday or Saturday night. D’Eriq took it dead serious. When Kendal Briles came in, he thought he might be at risk of losing his job. He doubled down.”

1579628741466.png

1579628804651.png

"Some inside UM have grown weary of public comments by Williams' father since his arrival"

Am I out of the loop on this? What did Jarren's dad say?

Comparing these quotes about King's mentality vs. Jarren's is night and day. I was completely finished with JW when he said in his own words that he didn't give it his all. Giving less than your best every single down is spitting in the face of every coach, fan, and player before you.

Advertisement
"Some inside UM have grown weary of public comments by Williams' father since his arrival"

Comparing these quotes about King's mentality vs. Jarren's is night and day. I was completely finished with JW when he said in his own words that he didn't give it his all. Giving less than your best every single down is spitting in the face of every coach, fan, and player before you.

This. It's time for him to move on.

I was absolutely shocked when he publicly said that he pretty much phoned in our bowl game. I don't think I've ever heard an athlete in any sport admit to something like that. He should have been booted for saying that imo.

Advertisement
Pay wall summary:

View attachment 109465
“He worked really hard that offseason and established himself as the guy. If you want to be the guy, you have to do different things to win the job. It’s not only making completions. It’s being the leader. You don’t get to go to the parties on Friday or Saturday night. D’Eriq took it dead serious. When Kendal Briles came in, he thought he might be at risk of losing his job. He doubled down.”

View attachment 109467

View attachment 109468
Awesome news on JW thanks for sharing.

I was absolutely shocked when he publicly said that he pretty much phoned in our bowl game. I don't think I've ever heard an athlete in any sport admit to something like that. He should have been booted for saying that imo.

He should have been left in the locker room for running an option to a lineman on a Hail Mary...

Advertisement
Malweak Rosier said essentially the same thing before the Pitt game.

Is there anything about why King essentially quit on his team last year when they were losing in order to redshirt and take another year of eligibility? To me that’s raising more warning signs about his character and mentality than Kosi’s immaturity in 2018 and Tate taking approved medical leave as a 3rd stringer.

JW is just hopeless and needs to leave.

Advertisement
I love the work ethic and mentality of King that's described in this article. That QB1 has to be a grinder, the kind that is first in the building, last out, type of guy, more so than any other position in this sport

Dont think that will ever change

Is there anything about why King essentially quit on his team last year when they were losing in order to redshirt and take another year of eligibility? To me that’s raising more warning signs about his character and mentality than Kosi’s immaturity in 2018 and Tate taking approved medical leave as a 3rd stringer.

JW is just hopeless and needs to leave.

you can google some articles from 2019 but mainly addressed the new rule that makes this possible. It seemed that he needed time to adjust to Holgerson's offense from Applewhite's/Herman's offense. There were also some questioning whether Holgerson was purposely tanking his first year to give upper class kids the opportunity to take a redshirt early in the season so they can stay another year to learn the system.

Who knows, but I suspect King wanted to be in an offense that featured him and his skill set as he has NFL ambitions as well as winning the Heisman. Apparently, Lashlee told him that is what he is going to give him. Whether that is a character flaw, I don't know enough about the kid to make that claim. I don't think ambition is a character flaw on its face.

I love the work ethic and mentality of King that's described in this article. That QB1 has to be a grinder, the kind that is first in the building, last out, type of guy, more so than any other position in this sport

Dont think that will ever change
That's how TVD was described. King is gonna be a major influence on him.

Advertisement
Back