Evolutionary Game

GeminiCane

Recruit
Premium
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
158
This game showed how much we have evolved as a program. As @k9cane likes to say, we’ve become a “progrum”. We’ve turned into a program that treats these games as business trips. We had multiple big boy drives in that 2nd half when the pressure was on. The drive after the 4th down stop, and then the drive where we just ran the ball right down their throats. And we overcame, injuries, missed holding calls, Mali/Mensah having quiet games. This is a talented Clemson team, not 1-105 but enough draftable talent were on the field for them and we were always in control.

Get healthy, get the tackling cleaned up, onto FSU in 2 weeks
 
Last edited:
Went on the road against a talented defense in a very hostile environment year and won by 4 scores, covering easily. We EASILY had our best performance on the ground and wore them out late. Oh yeah, we lost our best defensive player early and had Ryan Mack getting significant snaps manning up with Westco in 1Q. Not to mention the injuries we already had prior to this game starting. The soft zone coverage isn’t fun to watch but I think Hetherman knows what he is doing. Prettt good win IMO. This bye couldn’t come at a better time because my God I thought we were legit cursed and the season was about to crumble for a minute there after 78 went down.

Prayers up for 8, I pray it isn’t serious and we get him back soon.

And I never want to see 0 on defense on my field again. Hello Damon Wilson too, get your money playa!!!!
 
Went on the road against a talented defense in a very hostile environment year and won by 4 scores, covering easily. We EASILY had our best performance on the ground and wore them out late. Oh yeah, we lost our best defensive player early and had Ryan Mack getting significant snaps manning up with Westco in 1Q. Not to mention the injuries we already had prior to this game starting. The soft zone coverage isn’t fun to watch but I think Hetherman knows what he is doing. Prettt good win IMO. This bye couldn’t come at a better time because my God I thought we were legit cursed and the season was about to crumble for a minute there after 78 went down.

Prayers up for 8, I pray it isn’t serious and we get him back soon.

And I never want to see 0 on defense on my field again. Hello Damon Wilson too, get your money playa!!!!
Give a **** game ball to Chase smith. Best game of his career tonight
 
This game showed how much we have evolved as a program. As @k9cane likes to say, we’ve become a “progrum”. We’ve turned into a program that treats these games as business trips. We had multiple big boy drives in that 2nd half when the pressure was on. The drive after the 4th down stop, and then the drive where we just ran the ball right down their throats. And we overcame, injuries, missed holding calls, Mali/Mensah having quiet games. This is a talented Clemson team, not 1-105 but enough draftable talent were on the field for them and we were always in control.

Get healthy, get the tackling cleaned up, onto FSU in 2 weeks
Not the time to bring him up.

1791085305679.png
 
Last edited:
This game showed how much we have evolved as a program. As @k9cane likes to say, we’ve become a “progrum”. We’ve turned into a program that treats these games as business trips. We had multiple big boy drives in that 2nd half when the pressure was on. The drive after the 4th down stop, and then the drive where we just ran the ball right down their throats. And we overcame, injuries, missed holding calls, Mali/Mensah having quiet games. This is a talented Clemson team, not 1-105 but enough draftable talent were on the field for them and we were always in control.

Get healthy, get the tackling cleaned up, onto FSU in 2 weeks

Gem, its interesting but I was really frustrated by the last half of the second quarter, I really thought Miami should've been up 31-3 at the half. But a series of miscues kept that game somewhat close. Then in the 3rd quarter Clemson had the ball deep in UM territory with a chance to make it a one possession game. To me, it felt like another Mario meltdown coming (yeah, the folks on Twitter were NOT happy with that) - but that's how it felt

Fortunately, this was like last years Florida game, and not SMU

I really like this team, but it has to clean up a lot of things. And I do understand it's very injured and they are the walking wounded. But to me, I'm not judging performances just solely off the result in ACC games (lets be honest, Miami should win all of them) really against how I think they match up versus the nations elite
 
Gem, its interesting but I was really frustrated by the last half of the second quarter, I really thought Miami should've been up 31-3 at the half. But a series of miscues kept that game somewhat close. Then in the 3rd quarter Clemson had the ball deep in UM territory with a chance to make it a one possession game. To me, it felt like another Mario meltdown coming (yeah, the folks on Twitter were NOT happy with that) - but that's how it felt

Fortunately, this was like last years Florida game, and not SMU

I really like this team, but it has to clean up a lot of things. And I do understand it's very injured and they are the walking wounded. But to me, I'm not judging performances just solely off the result in ACC games (lets be honest, Miami should win all of them) really against how I think they match up versus the nations elite
mannnnnnnnnn. Big Mario hater guy here……I feel what you are saying. But I will admit tonight, injuries piling up, 66 down, 8 down, 78 down, 4 hobling late, baby jebus with the AC joint again, Clemson down but
Not out, them beeeeetches throwing the house at us…….

We big boy Foosballed dem imbreds!!!!!! Anyone else relish in Dabo complaining about everything and our guys just burying them??????? We closed them out in killer fashion. Long drives imposing our will and 10 wrecking havoc. De ja vu

Tonight I guess showed we are at least top 6 in this game. Anything can happen any given Saturday but dayum tonight wasnt easy and look what we did
 
mannnnnnnnnn. Big Mario hater guy here……I feel what you are saying. But I will admit tonight, injuries piling up, 66 down, 8 down, 78 down, 4 hobling late, baby jebus with the AC joint again, Clemson down but
Not out, them beeeeetches throwing the house at us…….

We big boy Foosballed dem imbreds!!!!!! Anyone else relish in Dabo complaining about everything and our guys just burying them??????? We closed them out in killer fashion. Long drives imposing our will and 10 wrecking havoc. De ja vu

Tonight I guess showed we are at least top 6 in this game. Anything can happen any given Saturday but dayum tonight wasnt easy and look what we did

FAWK, I don't disagree with anything you stated. I have never looked forward to a bye quite like this upcoming one

that penalty on the Malachi Toney shot down the seam was an absolute killers. That's at least his second TD that has been wiped out by a motion infraction. Those kinda flags are inexcusable in my view
 
FAWK, I don't disagree with anything you stated. I have never looked forward to a bye quite like this upcoming one

that penalty on the Malachi Toney shot down the seam was an absolute killers. That's at least his second TD that has been wiped out by a motion infraction. Those kinda flags are inexcusable in my view
I feel you. That seemed like one of those that really crushed us in the past like a berries drop on a dime pass

I felt it. They could drive. We were making them play our game and they were not dying……then, Two daggers with…..dare I say……FySiCaL football. Loved it. Set tones.

Underrated play…..he is him, baby jebus, Mali is the Man 4th down catch with CB reading the play and another drapes on him. Lost my **** when he caught it. Game, blouses
 
Went on the road against a talented defense in a very hostile environment year and won by 4 scores, covering easily. We EASILY had our best performance on the ground and wore them out late. Oh yeah, we lost our best defensive player early and had Ryan Mack getting significant snaps manning up with Westco in 1Q. Not to mention the injuries we already had prior to this game starting. The soft zone coverage isn’t fun to watch but I think Hetherman knows what he is doing. Prettt good win IMO. This bye couldn’t come at a better time because my God I thought we were legit cursed and the season was about to crumble for a minute there after 78 went down.

Prayers up for 8, I pray it isn’t serious and we get him back soon.

And I never want to see 0 on defense on my field again. Hello Damon Wilson too, get your money playa!!!!
Yep this game showed character. We don’t have the best schedule but i love when we can face some adversity and still dominate
 
The depth Mario has built is absolutely crazy. I actually thought Ryan Mack looked pretty good, better than expected for our 6th best option at CB. It’s funny to think if Mack was say in the 2010 recruiting class or any class between 2008 and 2018 he’s a 2-3 year starter at outside corner.
 
While at times he can be insufferable, I give Herbie credit comparing Miami to the Alabama of Saban days. He said they are just built different. They showed that last night.
 
Back
Top