Everytime there's been a vacancy at UM

CountDookoo

Recruit
There's allegedly been interest from all corners of the coaching ranks, yet we keep whiffing. Willing to give Diaz a chance, sadly, I have the same feeling about Diaz I had about Richt, Golden, Shannon, he's not the guy. You don't have to reinvent the wheel as a coach football hasn't changed in 100 years at its core it's still tackling, blocking, running, catching, throwing and kicking. Why is it so difficult to find 8-9 guys to teach these kids how to do that?

Remember how hard those kids from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's worked. Irvin, Walsh, Dorsey, Vilma, Bernie, Brown.J, Brown Eddie, Blades, Clark, Highsmith, Bratton, Santana, Andre, Reggie, McKinney... This is the same program that won 58 straight home games now can't beat a team winless in conference play. The entire coaching staff is a complete fraud.

Advertisement
There's allegedly been interest from all corners of the coaching ranks, yet we keep whiffing. Willing to give Diaz a chance, sadly, I have the same feeling about Diaz I had about Richt, Golden, Shannon, he's not the guy. You don't have to reinvent the wheel as a coach football hasn't changed in 100 years at its core it's still tackling, blocking, running, catching, throwing and kicking. Why is it so difficult to find 8-9 guys to teach these kids how to do that?

Remember how hard those kids from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's worked. Irvin, Walsh, Dorsey, Vilma, Bernie, Brown.J, Brown Eddie, Blades, Clark, Highsmith, Bratton, Santana, Andre, Reggie, McKinney... This is the same program that won 58 straight home games now can't beat a team winless in conference play. The entire coaching staff is a complete fraud.

No - the geniuses here seem to think football is entirely different than it was just a decade ago.

the interest is overblown. there aren't that many big names that are interested in this job (mainly bc we dont have the same big money support big programs do). we had a chance with the IPF and then flopped on another hire

Advertisement
the interest is overblown. there aren't that many big names that are interested in this job (mainly bc we dont have the same big money support big programs do). we had a chance with the IPF and then flopped on another hire
Huh? You can't find a better coach than Manny for 3 million a year? Plus what we paid Temple?
If you take the money we paid Temple to get Manny and divide it for the next 4 years you could easily pay 4-5 mil. a year. Add to that living in Coral Gable and have a boat docked in the Keys.

When I read that, I kept thinking about how Richt would call plays from the 1980's playbook.

Someone is/was wrong.

Huh? You can't find a better coach than Manny for 3 million a year? Plus what we paid Temple?

do you see what guys like taggart frost mullen get paid right now? all got 5 or more (mullen being the most successful and experienced). if you want a proven winner or experience, itll cost you close to 5 with a good salary pool. 3 is pretty cheap imo (we cut manny's salary bc of the buyout)

do you see what guys like taggart frost mullen get paid right now? all got 5 or more (mullen being the most successful and experienced). if you want a proven winner or experience, itll cost you close to 5 with a good salary pool. 3 is pretty cheap imo (we cut manny's salary bc of the buyout)
Yes but we had money to pay Temple lump sum.

Advertisement
And they think that most of us still live in the past.

Went to see a friend, and we always shoot skeet over the field behind his house. He showed me a few recent purchases - and I was stunned by the new Remington pump - plastic here and there - and just a real drop in quality.

I brought my Winchester Model 1897 - manufactured in 1901 - and it just works. Solid, and will be a shooter in another hundred years - as will my Ithaca Model 37 - (as in 1937).

Quality is solid. Reliable - something we rarely have available these days.

Yes but we had money to pay Temple lump sum.

yes but the most we've ever paid is 4 (to richt). thats still less than what frost got at nebraska, tags at FSU, and mullen at UF (6.6 right now). if we want a gundy (hes got a near 20 mill buyout or more), campbell (just got an extension after turning down NFL interest), or even rhule, it would require close to 5+ to get them here. i dont see this school doing that unless we got another soffer donor to come in and turn the heat up. were pretty meh in fan support (where it matters meaning dollars) and our alums dont give back as much as big time schools do. ****, most people i graduated with dont give a ****. they'll maybe go to a game once every 2 years, but wont donate back and left the area.

Give me some of these big names.

Leach was as big as it gets besides the hopes and dreams brigade throwing **** on the wall hoping it sticks.

This isn't a destination school. Yes, that has changed. I would go into why, have somewhat, but most people are either unwilling to accept it or too dumb to get it. Carry on.

Advertisement
Give me some of these big names.

Leach was as big as it gets besides the hopes and dreams brigade throwing **** on the wall hoping it sticks.

This isn't a destination school. Yes, that has changed. I would go into why, have somewhat, but most people are either unwilling to accept it or too dumb to get it. Carry on.

this. imo, it never was. people used miami to jumpstart their coaching careers. it isnt a place where a coach will want to be here bc its his dream. we hired two coaches who had a dream to be an HC here and both ended up poorly

Leach and mullen are the biggest names to have interest. Nobody is beating down the door to come here. That's why you always here schiano name in the mix.

It would be nice if we got a coach that didn't embrace this ridiculous culture. People think that having swag (I was going to say being a thug but I really think that is more or less a racist term) is the same as being good at football.

I think it's interesting that we have speakers come talk to our players about how we dominated and talk trash and were emotional. In contrast Alabama has speakers talk to their players about hard work on a daily basis and not getting emotional.

You know when we barely went a game that we didn't play very well in our coaches come out and talk about how this is how good things are when people finally do what they're supposed to do. then of course the next week the wheels fall off again because the coaches don't understand that consistency and being the same guy every day also applies to your mentality as a coach.

Advertisement
yes but the most we've ever paid is 4 (to richt). thats still less than what frost got at nebraska, tags at FSU, and mullen at UF (6.6 right now). if we want a gundy (hes got a near 20 mill buyout or more), campbell (just got an extension after turning down NFL interest), or even rhule, it would require close to 5+ to get them here. i dont see this school doing that unless we got another soffer donor to come in and turn the heat up. were pretty meh in fan support (where it matters meaning dollars) and our alums dont give back as much as big time schools do. ****, most people i graduated with dont give a ****. they'll maybe go to a game once every 2 years, but wont donate back and left the area.
I agree with you it is highly unlikely Miami pays in the range of 5-6 mil a year. But we don't have to find a big name with a big price tag attached to him. At least we can do our homework and be smart finding an up and coming HC who would accept starting around 4 mil. The problem is we don't have football smart and well connected people in the AD. That's were all starts and ends.
By the way, I wasn't talking abut big names when I replied to your post. I merely said we can do better than Manny with the 4 million we are spending on him.

Leach and mullen are the biggest names to have interest. Nobody is beating down the door to come here. That's why you always here schiano name in the mix.
I agree, and if Manny gets fired in his first year, who in their right mind would take this job? What coach would uproot their family and move here knowing that they might not be here more than one season?

I agree, and if Manny gets fired in his first year, who in their right mind would take this job? What coach would uproot their family and move here knowing that they might not be here more than one season?
I mean if you pay these coaches don't really care. There have been coaches fired after 1 season before.

Advertisement
Back