Everything Mario Cristobal said after Tuesday's practice

Advertisement
The guy really does understand the game, I want him to succeed so badly cause he really is a true aggressive cement head football guy in the purest form (any former football player would know what I'm talking about). And he's right, if the defensive line wins that quarter... Ball game.
The game is no longer 3 yards & a cloud of dust. I like his physical mindset but hopefully he continues to adapt to new age football. Best defense is a great offense. Starts in the trenches but coaching matters.

really disappointing, esp the way edge hyped him up. was expecting him to come in and be HIM at lb and be a captain/alpha
Same here. DMoney saying he’s practicing at EDGE so we’ll see how he pans out there.

best news was him saying they expect Fletcher to be a full go in 2 months by early summer. I was admittedly worried. When he went down he grabbed his achilles then everyone started about his potential lis franc injury and of course silence from UM. If Mario said he is working back, see how he reacts etc. that is all just coach speak but for him to say we expect him to be a full go in 2 months to me seems like a big deal

Agreed. We will need him game 1

Advertisement
Heard some rumblings on twitter from caneville that there will be a few portal entries that the fanbase will be disappointed about. Not asking u to drop names but have you heard the same? I know some will have to go as miami is like 6 or 7 over the 85 max

We were 7-8 over coming into Spring and various reports have talked about them wanting to add 4-5 more. So about a dozen or so guys need to go.

That means we will lose some good players, guys like Parrish, not just the Redding/Balom types

Advertisement
I’m sure Parrish was one that fit the mold, wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a few more either.

There’s a handful of returners that are must-keeps, everyone else can be upgraded either through the recruits we’ve brought in, or players elsewhere that can be coaxed to enter the Spring portal.

Restrepo
Rivers
Mauigoa x 2
Cooper
Bain
JHH
Mesidor
Porter Jr.
Borregales
Samson?

Now obviously there’s others that would hurt, but I wouldn’t lose sleep over anyone entering that’s not on this list (also just to clarify I’m talking returning players, no TF or portal guys).
You think Bain or the Mauigoa Brothers could portal?

You think Bain or the Mauigoa Brothers could portal?
get out gtfo GIF by Captain Cuts

GTFOH

We were 7-8 over coming into Spring and various reports have talked about them wanting to add 4-5 more. So about a dozen or so guys need to go.

That means we will lose some good players, guys like Parrish, not just the Redding/Balom types
Ya I def understand that. I guess I was curious if it was some major names Ala Damari Brown rumors after the season. Parrish isn't necessarily a guy I was disappointed in leaving but maybe some fans were.

Advertisement
This is the best the RB room has looked at Miami in a while. Really great news! So many talented backs.

Advertisement
We are going to get a quality RB on the portal and roll with him, Fletcher and Allen as primary backs. Johnson will be the change of pace burner.
Johnson needs to be used in any way imaginable. He is different when he's on the field than the rest of the team.

Edit: CW is different too.

Ward is going to FSU after spring to join Darrell Jackson, who is "like a step-nephew" to Ward's godmother. This news make it more likely that FSU will be undefeated when we play them. I can feel the relief- and joy- emanating from 73.2% of our posters.
That must explain why I feel like I'm in the top 16.8% of the posters here.

Advertisement
Back