Everything hinges on PITT and not just because they are next

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
I really think the overall direction of this program is going to hinge or at least portend on how we perform against PITT.

If we come out focused, prepared well and vastly cut down on the penalties - and of course WIN, then I believe we are on the right trajectory. If we don't come out prepared or focused and we lose...

...what's the buyout for Christobal again?

Advertisement
I actually think we take care of business against Pitt at home. Nothing motivates a football team more than a loss.
I do too. I actually expect Manny to continue this forward progress. Will he ever become a championship coach? Some on here seem to be convinced with absolute surety that he doesn't have it. I don't think we know yet. But, he did vastly improve the team from last year and has acquired a bunch of the pieces to bring us back to relevancy.

Until I'm convinced he can't keep improving us, he's my coach. Go Canes! Beat PITT!!

Advertisement
You can't improve as a team if you don't recognize why you lost. If there was no talent here you expect to lose. When you have talent, as we do, you expect improvement. I believe in King despite the loss.

A loss at Pitt could really damage morale...That’s what I fear most...
maybe I have PTSD from last year...

For the past 5+ years the team has spiraled out of control after a big loss. It would be a huge step in the right direction for Manny if he shows that he has learned how to right the ship after some adversity. I think having more experienced position coaches in Justice and Likens will help, not to mention a leader in the locker room like King.

Advertisement
If we lay another egg against Pitt, Manny should be canned on the spot. We’re not doing much more than the same old .500 with him. 6-5 or 7-4 and that’s it. It’s all he’s capable of at this point. This new offense is a dud with the WRs we’ve got.

I really think the overall direction of this program is going to hinge or at least portend on how we perform against PITT.

If we come out focused, prepared well and vastly cut down on the penalties - and of course WIN, then I believe we are on the right trajectory. If we don't come out prepared or focused and we lose...

It’s funny y’all always talking about Christobal, he would not have won that game for us last night

It’s funny y’all always talking about Christobal, he would not have won that game for us last night
Cristobal would have had us much better prepared coming off a bye week. Probably still an L but not an embarrassingly bad showing.

Advertisement
A loss at Pitt could really damage morale...That’s what I fear most...
maybe I have PTSD from last year...

Well, ****'s bells.

For UM to lose two games back to back could damage morale?

Whadda you think UM's been doing to me since Butch and his players left?

Here’s the difference with this loss over any previous loss we’ve suffered over the past 5 years since Golden.

Manny needs to use this lose as a motivation tool for these players to stay focused so they can make it to the ACCCG to play against Clemson to show everyone this week wasn’t the true Miami.

I have no doubt this years team will not drop the ball like years previous. We have way better leaders in King and Bubba to allow it to happen.

Advertisement
Get Christobal out of your head. The guy gets everything he wants at Oregon. Recruiting is elite, pay is elite, buyout is too high for Miami.

We have to win against Pitt. Period. If we dont, the season could collapse in a heartbeat.

as crazy as it sounds. This might be the biggest game of Manny’s young career. He loses this and the wheels likely fall off. All the momentum of recruiting and the 3-0 start gone in an instance.

I don’t believe this is an overreaction either. This is a must win for this team who has constantly shown over the years they are mentally weak.

the main difference this year I hope is King, Bolden, Roche, Phillips have shown they have no quit. They are weak minded south Florida kids who fold at the first sign of adversity. I think they carry us to a win.

A
Get Christobal out of your head. The guy gets everything he wants at Oregon. Recruiting is elite, pay is elite, buyout is too high for Miami.

We have to win against Pitt. Period. If we dont, the season could collapse in a heartbeat.
And with all that Cristobal has at his disposal, he's still not challenging Clemson, Alabama, or even making the CFP.

If we lay another egg against Pitt, Manny should be canned on the spot. We’re not doing much more than the same old .500 with him. 6-5 or 7-4 and that’s it. It’s all he’s capable of at this point. This new offense is a dud with the WRs we’ve got.
In reality, the school won't fire Manny on the spot in that scenario, but if it were possible and I was on the BOT, I would sign the approval in a heart beat. There are more than enough weapons on this team to beat, if not trounce, PITT. This is why I say, if he doesn't beat PITT, an inferior team to his roster, the experiment should be over.

At some point, you have to draw a line and say, "If he had the makings of a championship coach, he would have rallied the troops and won."

For the record, I still stand by my prediction that he will beat PITT, but if he doesn't, this season and Cane Nation, will take a dramatic shift. Go Canes! Beat PITT!!!

Advertisement
Back