MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

But he has called plays..

Enough to have us averaging more first downs a game than Alabama or Ohio State..Oh and everyone’s favorite Clemson.

What about “Welcome to the Dead Zone”??

I mean if you’re gonna try and be a conductor on the Fire Gattis choo choo train then come up with something that’s legit..
So now we’re comparing ourselves to Bama, Ohio state and Clemson? Come on.

Advertisement
Excited to see the innovations gattis added over the bye week he is a true offensive mastermind

I haven't exactly agreed with all of Gattis' play calls, but this seems significant, especially when you consider the number of drops and bad throws we've had so far. Although you also have to consider that the more explosive plays an offense has, the fewer first downs they'll need to get to the end zone.
Agreed 100%..Our 12-15 play drives ending with a field goal aren’t as impressive as the 7 play drives and a TD all around the country..

But I think they’re getting 75% of what they want to do right. Win a lot of short 3rd downs and control the clock which thankfully keeps our opponents from torching Ivey and company all day..The red zone efficiency is just not there yet to say the least..

Advertisement
But he has called plays..

Enough to have us averaging more first downs a game than Alabama or Ohio State..Oh and everyone’s favorite Clemson.

What about “Welcome to the Dead Zone”??

I mean if you’re gonna try and be a conductor on the Fire Gattis choo choo train then come up with something that’s legit..
He's 100% Legit Trash....better??

Advertisement
We're averaging 0.1 ypc more than last year.

Incorrect - not sure where you pulled that from. I went to ESPN and looked up our Rushing stats:

2022:
1665059700151.png

2021:
1665059736058.png

I'm assuming ESPN has our stats correct versus another site, so there's that context.

At a glance, we're averaging 0.6 more YPC than last season. Not a massive difference, but look at the Yards Per Game. We're blowing that out of the water versus last year by just over 50 yards/game, and for rushing TDs, we're already at just over 50% of our full 2021 season total (11 vs 20). We're also just under 50% of our total rushing yards all of last season in just 4 games.

Plus, it's obvious just watching the games that we are getting more push in the run game in general (though we still struggle at times in short yardage (esp red zone goal-to-go)), versus last year where we couldn't squash a grape on 90+% of our carries, then Cam, Rooster, or Chaney would break a long one to pad the stats and make the final product look not as bad.

I'm sure there are PFF grades (I'm not paying for premium to get that tho) that tells us more about our success rate on running plays, and I'd wager a car payment that our success rate on running plays is better this year than last.

There are a multitude of other things in this offense to complain about (lack of tempo, TVD, WR drops, Gattis, red zone ineptitude) to pick on this obvious positive versus last year as a negative.

Incorrect - not sure where you pulled that from. I went to ESPN and looked up our Rushing stats:

2022:
View attachment 210570

2021:
View attachment 210571

I'm assuming ESPN has our stats correct versus another site, so there's that context.

At a glance, we're averaging 0.6 more YPC than last season. Not a massive difference, but look at the Yards Per Game. We're blowing that out of the water versus last year by just over 50 yards/game, and for rushing TDs, we're already at just over 50% of our full 2021 season total (11 vs 20). We're also just under 50% of our total rushing yards all of last season in just 4 games.

Plus, it's obvious just watching the games that we are getting more push in the run game in general (though we still struggle at times in short yardage (esp red zone goal-to-go)), versus last year where we couldn't squash a grape on 90+% of our carries, then Cam, Rooster, or Chaney would break a long one to pad the stats and make the final product look not as bad.

I'm sure there are PFF grades (I'm not paying for premium to get that tho) that tells us more about our success rate on running plays, and I'd wager a car payment that our success rate on running plays is better this year than last.

There are a multitude of other things in this offense to complain about (lack of tempo, TVD, WR drops, Gattis, red zone ineptitude) to pick on this obvious positive versus last year as a negative.
Remove the stat padding FCS games then get back to me.

Remove the stat padding FCS games then get back to me.

Remove them yourself if you want to move the goalposts. I gave you raw numbers. You want to adjust for something? Be my guest.

Take the numbers out of it though - with all of us watching the games, do you want to sit here and say we're running the ball as well and/or no better than we were last year? Like I said, plenty else to bytch about, and THIS is the one thing you want to harp on? Yeesh. Have you just forgotten about there being games last season where getting out of our own backfield was a win?

Advertisement
Remove them yourself if you want to move the goalposts. I gave you raw numbers. You want to adjust for something? Be my guest.

Take the numbers out of it though - with all of us watching the games, do you want to sit here and say we're running the ball as well and/or no better than we were last year? Like I said, plenty else to bytch about, and THIS is the one thing you want to harp on? Yeesh. Have you just forgotten about there being games last season where getting out of our own backfield was a win?
It's not moving the goalposts. I filtered out the FCS games when talking stats. I always do. Those games should never be included because they just skew the numbers so hard.

Has our ground game looked better at times? Yes. It's still not that impressive and we clearly can't rely on it to get points. And for the marginal improvement it has seen, the passing game has taken a nosedive off into the grand canyon.

Our offense has been trash so far this year and we've played a joke of a schedule. The whole offense including the run game needs to be criticized.

Anyone trying to put lipstick on the pig at this point is just lost or dumb (probably both). We are struggling vs inferior teams and are towards the bottom of the NCAA in O production. You don't need to be a hard core analyst to see that the team is playing like **** on both sides of the ball, and are playing below their talent level.

Advertisement
Anyone trying to put lipstick on the pig at this point is just lost or dumb (probably both). We are struggling vs inferior teams and are towards the bottom of the NCAA in O production. You don't need to be a hard core analyst to see that the team is playing like **** on both sides of the ball, and are playing below their talent level.
Truly hard to believe that we look worse than we have the last couple of years, didn't think that was possible. Mario says, "hold my beer."

It's not moving the goalposts. I filtered out the FCS games when talking stats. I always do. Those games should never be included because they just skew the numbers so hard.

Has our ground game looked better at times? Yes. It's still not that impressive and we clearly can't rely on it to get points. And for the marginal improvement it has seen, the passing game has taken a nosedive off into the grand canyon.

Our offense has been trash so far this year and we've played a joke of a schedule. The whole offense including the run game needs to be criticized.
We averaged 1.6 yards per carry against Middle Tennessee. If anyone thinks that counts as any type of improvement, they’re crazy

Advertisement
Back