MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Fanbase is no different than any other high profile program that has / had early expectations of a 10 win season ... being totally shocked and frustrated by a totally inept display of offense by the team. 4 passing TD's for the SEASON to date? UNC has 19. The starting QB is missing wide open receivers, not seeing others who ARE open, and staring down his first read ... on every snap. So far the OC hasn't taken any corrective action to get the QB comfortable. People do have a right to vent.
Using other people’s faults as an excuse for one’s own, on your first point. Correlation not causation on the second one. You’re making a sound argument, but it isn’t relevant to my point.

Advertisement
I think hiring most guys from big time programs to your rebuilding program is stupid anyway lol

They couldn't take a flier on another first time head coach, though. See: Coker, Shannon, Diaz.

Nor could they take a chance on another coach, like Golden, who had moderate success at a mid major.

Couldn't disagree with you more about CIS being "tamer" than other boards. I read around plenty of sites; no other site allows the kind of stuff that is said here. Most other fan boards are subscription boards, which is different. But don't parade CIS out as a place of mild-mannered commentary....

It's too bad you feel you cannot contribute any positive commentary about the team. While there is plenty to be fixed, there's also been plenty that has moved forward. Not sure what your expectations were for the season - were you a 10-2 guy, 9-3 or 8-4? Did you understand this wasn't an overnight fix?

I try to keep an open mind about this stuff. Seems like Mario found the program rotten to the core. Whether fans want to accept it or not it is really a total rebuild.
I can be positive when there are things to be positive about. What exactly is there to really be positive about at the moment? We've regressed in nearly every category compared to last year and that's with us having only played our joke of a non-conference schedule. We've looked absolutely horrible.

I definitely was not a 10-2 guy. 8-4 was my expectation with 9-3 as a possibility should everything go right. Well, so far about everything has gone wrong.

The problem with people who became fans in the last 15 years is that they've seen almost exclusively mediocrity.

The problem with 80s fans or 2000-2003 fans (could even be extended to 04 and 05) is that they got spoiled.

90s fans (for better or worse) will always believe that the program can recover, even though we were so much better in the 90s than now. Still think this was the program's most interesting decade.

We need more stories from pre-1980s fans, because those are the times that are poorly understood. A Billy Corben documentary (LOOOOL) is not sufficient.
Taking a deeper dive, that 8-9 years from ‘83-‘91 was what put the “U” on the map. 2001 was an aberration and only happened due to the Herculean efforts of Butch. We went 10 years between 4 and 5.

All things considered, (mainly a small private school in extreme SE FL with absolutely no history of football TEAM success) we beat a lot of odds to achieve what we did back then. The odds are even greater these days as the landscape of CFB has dramatically changed.

Am I making excuses for the recent failures? Absolutely not. But we all need to look at the big picture to help understand what we’re up against to “return” to football prominence.

And telling people to get some puzzy....Lol
I've slayed so much fine puzzy in my life that I'm completely exempt till I'm dead...
I can see it.

DBD975B0-253D-4C3E-9C83-32419B847CB4.gif

Advertisement
Fan since mid 80s as a kid, alum through early aughts - spoilt rotten.

Can't wait to NOT be a mope.

Seen patterns over the last 2 decades. Seen the whole game change and us get left behind.

All been said here ad nauseum.

Was never a Mario guy, because gameday Coaching matters;

BUT the trenches matter still, and QB matters - so there's 2 of 3 key elements he had under control based on inheritance and portal, so I had reasonable expectations that he could take the talent we DID have and show that an allstar coaching staff matters right out the gate, despite his CORching tendencies because I HAVE seen that happen with other programs - enough to avoid a SOMiss, aTm, then MTSU showing.

Had us ceiling of 8-4 and 9-3, floor of 7-5 preseason, witha bunch of one score losses to decent opponents.

Not this crap.

One cannot reasonably tell me that we should be favored in any remaining game at this moment.

I think with a poor showing for the rest of the season, coupled with the myriad other factors working for and against us, recruiting will become un uphill battle moving forward. Hope to be wrong, but don't think I am....

Mario's a crooter, but alot of that is predicated on the product shown and emerging. This does not inspire confidence.

Mopery continues until proven otherwise.

Can't wait to be called out for it later and will own it when we are all sucking each others' ****s over the return to glory.

I just don't really see it happening.

Am going to ruin my Saturdays for the forseeable future anyways and gripe along the way.

Amen.

Leach would significantly raise the floor at Miami.

But he doesn’t recruit well enough to allow the school to reach its ceiling.

Under Leach Miami probably recruits around 15-ish, wins the Coastal year year, the ACC every now and then, but gets loses to the top recruiting class teams most years.

Fan since mid 80s as a kid, alum through early aughts - spoilt rotten.

Can't wait to NOT be a mope.

Seen patterns over the last 2 decades. Seen the whole game change and us get left behind.

All been said here ad nauseum.

Was never a Mario guy, because gameday Coaching matters;

BUT the trenches matter still, and QB matters - so there's 2 of 3 key elements he had under control based on inheritance and portal, so I had reasonable expectations that he could take the talent we DID have and show that an allstar coaching staff matters right out the gate, despite his CORching tendencies because I HAVE seen that happen with other programs - enough to avoid a SOMiss, aTm, then MTSU showing.

Had us ceiling of 8-4 and 9-3, floor of 7-5 preseason, witha bunch of one score losses to decent opponents.

Not this crap.

One cannot reasonably tell me that we should be favored in any remaining game at this moment.

I think with a poor showing for the rest of the season, coupled with the myriad other factors working for and against us, recruiting will become un uphill battle moving forward. Hope to be wrong, but don't think I am....

Mario's a crooter, but alot of that is predicated on the product shown and emerging. This does not inspire confidence.

Mopery continues until proven otherwise.

Can't wait to be called out for it later and will own it when we are all sucking each others' ****s over the return to glory.

I just don't really see it happening.

Am going to ruin my Saturdays for the forseeable future anyways and gripe along the way.

Amen.
Plenty of legit reasons to be mopey and you shouldn’t be attacked or labeled because of your true feelings about the state of the football team.

Every year, some fan tries this, EVERY SINGLE YEAR, Leach shows that he's an okay coach, that does well at schools where the expectations are in the toilet. Dude wins one game he shouldn't and then go on to lose 4-5 games and finish in the middle of the pack. Then again, as any person with an IQ above room temperature will tell you, we have some idiots in our fanbase that fall in love with coaches for some of the most random reasons.

He’s only ever been at middle of the pack programs. How well should he do at them?

Advertisement
I'm holding out hope that Gattis will be gone at the end of the season.

I'm hoping all the things Mario is saying publicly are a smoke screen and to not throw Gattis under the bus.

The fact that Gattis wasn't Mario's first choice gives me hope, but is troubling at the same time. Hopefully, Mario has his "spread" guy identified and is making plans to bring him in next season.

Coach Cristobal, I know you're reading this, lol, even though I wanted UM to hire Mark Stoops, you can be just like him, hire an NFL caliber OC and let's do this!

His next choice after Gattis was the ND OC. Gattis leaving isn’t going to change anything, unless Mario does a complete 180 in his philosophy.

He’s only ever been at middle of the pack programs. How well should he do at them?

That's the chicken/ egg dilemma. He's 61. Why is he still at middle of the pack programs? You said it in your previous post. His low ceiling keeps him from being hired by any of the big programs.

They couldn't take a flier on another first time head coach, though. See: Coker, Shannon, Diaz.

Nor could they take a chance on another coach, like Golden, who had moderate success at a mid major.
Well the game we play you kinda have to take your shot eventually on upcoming talent, Miami’s problem is with identifying that talent. Or just flat out not interviewing people who don’t fit the mold of “Miami guys”

Advertisement
His next choice after Gattis was the ND OC. Gattis leaving isn’t going to change anything, unless Mario does a complete 180 in his philosophy.
I feel like there’s a group that doesn’t get that this is Gattis but this is also Mario because this is the type of offense he wants to run. In fact it’s Mario 1st as the decision maker.

The problem with people who became fans in the last 15 years is that they've seen almost exclusively mediocrity.

The problem with 80s fans or 2000-2003 fans (could even be extended to 04 and 05) is that they got spoiled.

90s fans (for better or worse) will always believe that the program can recover, even though we were so much better in the 90s than now. Still think this was the program's most interesting decade.

We need more stories from pre-1980s fans, because those are the times that are poorly understood. A Billy Corben documentary (LOOOOL) is not sufficient.

Good post JTF

That's why I enjoy the occasional "How did you become a Canes fan?" and posts similar to it ... if for no other reason than as a reminder that we share a connection here and ultimately want the same when it comes to Canes Football.

Advertisement
You posting your UNC moneyline ticket?
I don’t gamble. Never have and never will.

But I’m sure that if Mario keeps on running his 1982 offense, we’re gonna get dragged. But go ahead and bet on Miami if you’re so confident that Miami will win the game. Make it a big bet, too.

why does everything have to be so binary? Seems anyone who is dismayed is being gaslighted now and it’s not just aimed at the fire Mario/gattis bros. Oh you’re unhappy you’re just a nole, gator or troll. Not a real fan. Blah blah blah.

Think it’s bad now? Lose this week and the mopery will exponentially increase. Win and the anti mopers will be out in full force pulling receipts. It’s going to be a full on civil war until we’re either really good or it’s clear Mario isn’t the one. Then the tide will change and everyone will be on one side either happy AF or we’ll be giving Mario/staff pet names.

It’s been an awful start to the actual season. Signs aren’t good but I’m still a fan and hope to **** they figure it out this week.

You posting your UNC moneyline ticket?
Here is mine. Not because I think we get dragged. Idk if we can win but if we do I will be happy and I am still rooting for us. We lose, it sucks but my gambling funds are increased. I call it trying to buy wins.

Attachments

• B4035393-B136-4A59-B516-3593BE624AF1.jpeg
    B4035393-B136-4A59-B516-3593BE624AF1.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 30
Advertisement
Back