MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Advertisement
How much of that do you think was from wanting to go for the splashy hire? Not saying he would have hired him from a philosophical standpoint, but it seems like Mario focused on somewhere between the marketability of big names/taking them from big schools to guys have been at the programs that "know what it looks like." That obviously has not worked in the past so its a debatable way to go about things.
I don’t think the bigger name was Mario’s goal to begin with. It’s just he’s Mario Cristobal and those names are the ones you will hear attached to Miami as long as he’s alive

I don’t think the bigger name was Mario’s goal to begin with. It’s just he’s Mario Cristobal and those names are the ones you will hear attached to Miami as long as he’s alive
To be fair, I can see how he (or anyone) can say wow ... I can get Coach XYZ from the biggest of the big programs. Of course they are good coaches to make it there and those experiences are invaluable. Of course that does not always work and often times you have to ask why are they looking to leave or why is that program letting him leave. I hope he takes his mulligans this offseason, listens to his mentors, and looks at where Bama was when he left vs. is now philosophically.

FWIW, this doesn't just apply to sports. This is really any field or company.

Advertisement
Wanted to make sure we’re all on the same sheet of music. I’ve heard rebuild already this year. Who makes the call on this? Usually every year about 4-5 games in our season the rebuild goblins come out and announce it. It always helps with understanding why the team ***** itself in big games against quality opponents like MTSU or LA Tech, or FIU etc.

So are we rebuilding then?
The offseason Sunshine Pumpers drowned out all of the rebuild talk. We said it, you guys just wouldn't listen.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/things-are-different-but….176632/post-5796468

I can already tell who are going to flip out. It’s the people saying anything less than 10 wins is a failure. It’s people claiming they shouldn’t have to lower expectations. It’s the people who expect that we sweep the coastal because we upgraded every position on staff.

It RARELY works that way. This team won 7 games last year and has only known a substandard staff. Depth is not there either, and injuries will happen every season.

We are on the right track and we finally need not put blind faith in inexperienced coaches.

First year is clean up. Rebuild. I’m not demanding squat. If Mario keeps landing blue chips, we will be good after his depth chart is filled with his own players.

As for the haters calling to fuel the plane? Eat a bag of d$&@, because this school is not firing Mario for a very long time. Get comfy and used to Mario being our coach.

The whole thing is laughable.

As soft as players have gotten as the years have gone on, so have fans. The entitlement and over-emotion is hilariously bad.

The same people screaming "15-0!" and "We back!" in the faces of rival fans and buddies—they're now the biggest "Mario sucks!" and "Fire Gattis!" crowds out there—embarrassed that the Canes are 2-2 after they ran their mouths.

Zero logic or reason surrounds any of it.

Program has been in the tank roughly 20 years, Cristobal is the third head coach in five years (and sixth in 17 seasons), Miami just came off of 7-5 and has averaged 7-5 every year since 2006 (118-85 over that span)—but yeah, all problems should be solved four games in.

The "culture" deniers also acting like this wasn't the state of the program 10 short months ago:

It’s less about mope vs slurper and more about don’t be an *******…

(Not you) Don’t be an ******* to anyone who said hey I have a few concerns about Mario. I’m all in on the changes the U is making, but hopefully he solves for A, B and C….

and in turn… they probably won’t rub your **** in the dirt when A, B, C and MTSU pop up…

then you won’t have to take your ball and go home or the mods / maudes won’t have to deal with a ******* cesspool of bull****…

insiders are a gift to the board, but contribute greatly to the points above at times…

Bookmark it for Groundhog Day because it’s been the problem here since at minimum the CIS/WEZ split, if not the beginning of message board time…

Let’s beat UNC and win some more god **** football games!

I am a bit confused by this site so often, I am not sure which is more asinine. Those who thought this could be a 9 win team and are disappointed that it is not coming to fruition, or those who thought this would be a ****show, and are disappointed that they were in fact right. This is a very odd site indeed.

Advertisement
To be fair, I can see how he (or anyone) can say wow ... I can get Coach XYZ from the biggest of the big programs. Of course they are good coaches to make it there and those experiences are invaluable. Of course that does not always work and often times you have to ask why are they looking to leave or why is that program letting him leave. I hope he takes his mulligans this offseason, listens to his mentors, and looks at where Bama was when he left vs. is now philosophically.

FWIW, this doesn't just apply to sports. This is really any field or company.
I think hiring most guys from big time programs to your rebuilding program is stupid anyway lol

Advertisement
Yes we are TOAST unless Mario has an open mind. Maybe he will change but if he doesn't I don't see the program reaching National Championship caliber.

Just remember that the two guys advising him the most on the offensive side of the ball (my guess) are Alonzo and Chud - two guys who are long time pro style guys.

Mario is a stubborn MF'er, but he'll right the ship, new offense or not. Pressure or realization will change his views regardless, wouldn't read into this much, it's not like you can just change your entire team mid-season.

It’s less about mope vs slurper and more about don’t be an *******…

(Not you) Don’t be an ******* to anyone who said hey I have a few concerns about Mario. I’m all in on the changes the U is making, but hopefully he solves for A, B and C….

and in turn… they probably won’t rub your **** in the dirt when A, B, C and MTSU pop up…

then you won’t have to take your ball and go home or the mods / maudes won’t have to deal with a ******* cesspool of bull****…

insiders are a gift to the board, but contribute greatly to the points above at times…

Bookmark it for Groundhog Day because it’s been the problem here since at minimum the CIS/WEZ split, if not the beginning of message board time…

Let’s beat UNC and win some more god **** football games!
We should be able to have differing opinions here without being John Holmes sized ****s or calling others elementary school playground names. What we see here far too often is a direct reflection of our me first and instant gratification society. Also “squeaky wheel gets the grease syndrome” where those that squeal the loudest get the most attention.

Won’t change any time soon so I wade through the squealers and focus on those that make a contribution that matters.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There’s a time and a place for everything. This week wasn’t the time and this isn’t the place. We’ll have plenty of time after the season. This fanbase has done nothing but hurt recruiting and our teams moral. It’s cool, nothing new to see here. Look at Michigan or Texas A&M. They’ve done the right thing and have been rewarded. Michigan is now contending for the playoffs again and A&M had continued to build the roster into a soon to be powerhouse
Fanbase is no different than any other high profile program that has / had early expectations of a 10 win season ... being totally shocked and frustrated by a totally inept display of offense by the team. 4 passing TD's for the SEASON to date? UNC has 19. The starting QB is missing wide open receivers, not seeing others who ARE open, and staring down his first read ... on every snap. So far the OC hasn't taken any corrective action to get the QB comfortable. People do have a right to vent.

The problem with people who became fans in the last 15 years is that they've seen almost exclusively mediocrity.

The problem with 80s fans or 2000-2003 fans (could even be extended to 04 and 05) is that they got spoiled.

90s fans (for better or worse) will always believe that the program can recover, even though we were so much better in the 90s than now. Still think this was the program's most interesting decade.

We need more stories from pre-1980s fans, because those are the times that are poorly understood. A Billy Corben documentary (LOOOOL) is not sufficient.

Couldn't disagree with you more about CIS being "tamer" than other boards. I read around plenty of sites; no other site allows the kind of stuff that is said here. Most other fan boards are subscription boards, which is different. But don't parade CIS out as a place of mild-mannered commentary....

It's too bad you feel you cannot contribute any positive commentary about the team. While there is plenty to be fixed, there's also been plenty that has moved forward. Not sure what your expectations were for the season - were you a 10-2 guy, 9-3 or 8-4? Did you understand this wasn't an overnight fix?

I try to keep an open mind about this stuff. Seems like Mario found the program rotten to the core. Whether fans want to accept it or not it is really a total rebuild.
We’ve allowed the anger to be vented here to a degree in ways 247 and On3 don’t for certain. Some stuff we won’t tolerate. People have been tossed - temporarily and permanently.

It’s interesting how some people complain about our censorship. They need to go elsewhere. We’ll do as we need to regardless and at some point we’ll need to step in stronger. This board is also a little different than those. This place needed to burn but it’s also not going to burn indefinitely or out of control. The fires are burning in a way we can manage while letting the anger be vented. I know some Mods and Admins are angry too.

I really hope we beat UNC.

Advertisement
Back