MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

There’s a time and a place for everything. This week wasn’t the time and this isn’t the place. We’ll have plenty of time after the season. This fanbase has done nothing but hurt recruiting and our teams moral. It’s cool, nothing new to see here. Look at Michigan or Texas A&M. They’ve done the right thing and have been rewarded. Michigan is now contending for the playoffs again and A&M have continued to build the roster into a soon to be powerhouse
How is the week following said loss not the best time to ***** about the loss in question? ****, why bother to look back on wins too. Or have rankings until week 13? Might as well just not talk about games until they are all said and done.

Advertisement
Yea that was pretty much my point I honestly don't think miami will ever recruit on the level of Ga to be honest. When miami was good it was usually a speed advantage. We really need to get back to getting our athletes in space not playing in phone booth.
When Miami was good we had elite talent and elite X's and O's outside of 2001. In the 80's we brought in the pro passing game and started lighting the world up. Then Erickson came in and brought along his innovative 1-back system that was the spread of those days.

Under Mario we're just boring and not close to being innovative at all.

It lasted years for Manny….
I get being ****ed and not being cool with MTSU but I believe this is different from the past coaches. We’ve never spent like this on the program and I believe in the staff long term. I just won’t defend crap when it deserves to be ripped. Imo both can be true. Everything I felt about Mario holds true to what I thought before he was hired, the good and bad.

The offense isn't working, but he's not objectively wrong. Look at the A&M and MTSU film. We had so many blown opportunities in both of those games. If our guys execute on half of those, we win comfortably.

Is Gattis at fault for our O not working right now and for not tailoring our offense to personnel? Absolutely. Is he right that our guys aren't executing? Absolutely. Both can be true.
And are the guys pushing back in the amount of effort they put forth because they don't really like/feel comfortable in this offense? A few people have raised this issue in the past few days on various podcasts.... Not to generalize and include everyone- maybe it's just a few who aren't fully on board yet...
Something to think about...

Advertisement
I get being ****ed and not being cool with MTSU but I believe this is different from the past coaches. We’ve never spent like this on the program and I believe in the staff long term. I just won’t defend crap when it deserves to be ripped. Imo both can be true. Everything I felt about Mario holds true to what I thought before he was hired, the good and bad.
If memory serves, didn't Curby Smurt's UGA lose to Vanderbilt?

I would agree that's in the same Circus of Suck as La Tech, FIU, MTSU, Duke.

Problem is, different Miami corches keep losing to these schools that SoFL HS teams could probably beat 2/10 times.

Some people don't know Morris Day (HS classmates in 70s) was one of the Purple One's early bandmates in group called Grand Central.

I have an unhealthy obsession with the Purple Ones music.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I saw them at the Princess Martha's Ballroom at the Playboy Club International, in St. Pete with my GF....this was after he left the Time...basically the Color of Success tour. Add in Cameo, and it was an outstanding show.

When Miami was good we had elite talent and elite X's and O's outside of 2001. In the 80's we brought in the pro passing game and started lighting the world up. Then Erickson came in and brought along his innovative 1-back system that was the spread of those days.

Under Mario we're just boring and not close to being innovative at all.
I became a Miami fan to late didn't start following until 2003. Might just need to start looking at older games on Saturdays instead. It's been consistently disappointing besides that our year with Richt.

you all are overreacting to the tweet.... you need to listen to the actual interview with Mario..

"we are a power spread offense. sometimes we have condensed sets sometimes we have spread sets. we have some tempo plays
we're not a fully committed tempo offense where we're running a play every 12-14 seconds. that's not where we're at right now"

he also repeatedly said that we have to be honest and evaluate what works and what doesn't work.. what worked in the past may not work for us with this personnel...
thank you..... crowd heard what they wanted to hear.

Advertisement
How long until we have enough talent stacked to beat mighty MTSU? I mean that has to be our first target, right? Get enough talent to overcome crappy coaching and not get mauled like DBC in the Yukon wilderness, at the hands of mighty MTSU? So, tell me, how much talent does Mario need to beat MTSU? My lord, James Madison didn't need a boatload of 5 star players to monkey stomp them, but we do? Man, if we need that kind of talent to beat MTSU, what exactly does that say about Mario? Also, if we need a team full of 4-5 star players to beat MTSU, what the **** are we going to need to beat Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, etc?
I mean to complete for conference titles

Rank ordered by Miami's futility of purpose:

Miami vs La Tech(+6.5)
Result: 0 - 14 (20.5 pt Miami under performing differential)

Miami vs FIU(+20)
Result: 24 - 30 (26 pt Miami under performing differential)

Miami vs MTSU(+25.5)
Result: 31 - 45 (39.5 pt Miami under performing differential)

Miami vs UVA(-4.0)
Result: 0 - 48 (44 pt Miami under performing differential)
*worst shutout OB loss in program history

Miami vs Clemson(-7.0)
Result: 0 - 58 (51 pt Miami under performing differential)
*worst defeat in program history by scoring margin

I rank the 62-26 loss at home to UNC to end 2020 one of the Top 5 all time losses. Canes were a 3pt favorite, 10th ranked to UNC’s 17th, playing at home with a NY6 bowl game at stake, likely the Orange Bowl, a home game. Canes came out flat, disinterested. UNC had 778 yards of total offense, 554 rushing.

39pt differential.

Worse loss than 48-0 to UVA and 58-0 to Clemson, IMO, despite those slightly higher margin of victories.

Advertisement
Kirby was exactly one play away from winning a national title in YEAR 2 at UGA. Year 2.

How long has Jimbo been at A&M already? They can stack all the talent they want. It’s just not believable that they’re gonna do anything serious with it.
What about Michigan? There’s a million examples of rocky starts. Hopefully we’re one of the best ones a year from now

@Paranos - please translate

I don't speak size zero anything. You better put a 1 or 2 in front of that size 0. He'll if she is built right and has a pretty face I may dable in a 3 infront of that size 0. Thick **** big mama next door types with no pull outs allowed.

b09db7bf920cc874f9a615843e78e348.jpg

197ab7d4a4f1a010192674ace26c7265.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
There’s a time and a place for everything. This week wasn’t the time and this isn’t the place. We’ll have plenty of time after the season. This fanbase has done nothing but hurt recruiting and our teams moral. It’s cool, nothing new to see here. Look at Michigan or Texas A&M. They’ve done the right thing and have been rewarded. Michigan is now contending for the playoffs again and A&M have continued to build the roster into a soon to be powerhouse
This.

Advertisement
Back