MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Advertisement
Lashless had a basic offensive with no running, nor blocking.

But at least our offense was exciting to watch, and kept us close in many games..

This **** is like watching paint dry, and not yielding anything worth a dam… I get it.. been 3 games.. but against teams that can really move the ball and score.. this slow pace BS won’t fly.
I’m not defending the mess that we are currently running, but this is some rose colored glasses we’re looking through when it comes to Lashlee. We got blown out in every big game and his offense bogged down against any team with a pulse.

Advertisement
For all you bozo's advocating for running the offense at breakneck speed, in the 3 games we've played against real teams so far, we've run 78, 77, and 89 plays.

In Lashlee's 2 years here, he coached in 23 games. Of those, we ran 77 or more plays nine (9 times). Less than 50% of the time.

The problem is not the plays. It's not the pace. It's the execution. We can't catch the football. We can't get guys open. Our QB is unsure where to go with the football. He's not comfortable in the system. He's not being given easy throws. When he is, we can't catch them. We don't have anyone to separate on the outside. Our best WR is hurt.

We need to figure out a way to be more explosive on offense. Not go faster. Not run more plays. Be better on the plays we do run.

For example, we are 59th in the country in yards per game. But we are 102nd in the country in yards per play. What does that tell you? We're running plenty of plays. We're not doing anything with the plays we're running. The answer is not running them faster. The answer is designing them better, throwing them better, blocking them better, and catching them better. This is a design and execution issue, not a pace issue.
Pace isn’t my issue. My only knock on pace is going tempo then standing around fingering our butts 35 seconds then rushing to snap the ball. I’m also not a big fan of the check with me offense. It’s so slow it makes that element useless. The dc has time to check with him too lol. My issue is and always been space and routes. There’s much easier ways to scheme guys open , we don’t need Randy Moss for that. No matter your opinion on Lashlee dude schemed guys wide open. Guys like Brevin, Mallory , Arroyo, Harley , Rambo , Rooster and others. Scheme did that. And yes it was flawed but the point still stands.

Last edited:
you all are overreacting to the tweet.... you need to listen to the actual interview with Mario..

"we are a power spread offense. sometimes we have condensed sets sometimes we have spread sets. we have some tempo plays
we're not a fully committed tempo offense where we're running a play every 12-14 seconds. that's not where we're at right now"

he also repeatedly said that we have to be honest and evaluate what works and what doesn't work.. what worked in the past may not work for us with this personnel...
Thank you.

If our guys had executed half of their opportunities against A&M, we would've won that game by 10 points. Same with MTSU. The opportunities are there, we're not capitalizing on any of them.
Woah, we could have beat MTSU at home by 10 whole points as long as we are not making mistakes? Amazing. I can see why we are paying millions for that. Truly incredible.

WE ARE FCKD

Rhythm of the offense in that we need to make every possession count seeing how each one takes up half a quarter and results in 3 pts. Lose the ball and lose our pace of 6 pts a quarter that we'd be hitting otherwise.

Advertisement
Maybe this offense can work, but not with the horses we have in the stable right now.

We have a lot of recruiting to do.

This. Sounds like Mario isn't compromising vision to make fans immediately happy. But he's going to need his guys/current players with some time in the system.

Not saying I agree with it, but I understand his point of view as well as many/most fans view on tempo/spread.

I would like to see a little faster pace. I'm not a huge fan of as little time between plays as possible, although it is more entertaining.

Rhythm of the offense in that we need to make every possession count seeing how each one takes up half a quarter and results in 3 pts. Lose the ball and lose our pace of 6 pts a quarter that we'd be hitting otherwise.
INSANITY.

Who does he think was going to believe or agree with his answer?

The Clemson that didn't make the ACCCG last year?
Yes, the Clemson team upset at their worst year in 10 seasons that only had a measly 10 wins in it despite them being absolutely decimated by injuries. Compared to the lovely year we had last year that everyone was excited about.

Advertisement
I'm not advocating for breakneck speed, but can we stop doing the check with me offense and after the check snapping the ball with 4 seconds left on the play clock and still running into a loaded box?

If we're moving slow and doing the check with me and actually adjusting to what the defense is showing and we move the ball, I can handle it. When we show a look, see the defense has loaded the box, we do a check, and then we still run into a box that has a 2-man advantage for the defense, then I have zero idea what we're even attempting to do.

Fair criticism there. The overall design and intent has been poor. And when the plays are there to be made, we're not making them. Not that this would mask all the issues and make everything roses, but I wish we could go back and have Henry Parrish catch the ball in the A&M game that hit him square in the chest on 3rd down. He likely scores on the play, or at least gets inside the 10 (cue the redzone jokes). Easy, simple football play. Again, NOT saying we don't have major systemic problems. But perception is everything. If you're not going to design plays to work, and the ones you do design to work, you fvck up...it's gonna be a real long season.

Also, we're a Top 20 offense in first down efficiency and time of possession. We're, amazingly, a Top 40 offense overall. Our biggest issue is RedZone scoring, where we rank in the 90s.

I don't think Gattis has tailored this offense and playcalling to our available personnel, and I'm not a fan of how he's approached this year, but he's 100% right in saying we haven't executed. If this offense were a top to bottom disaster that was only on him, we wouldn't be able to move the ball as we have. Execution is at the top of the list of reasons why our O can't score. Looking at the A&M and MTSU film, it's painful to see how many opportunities we've blown when they were right there for the taking.
Take the Bethune game out and what we ranked??

Pace isn’t my issue. My only knock on pace is going tempo then standing around fingering our butts 35 seconds then rushing to snap the ball. I’m also nit a big fan if the check with me offense. It’s so slow it makes that element useless. The dc has time to check with him too lol. My issue is and always been space and routes. There’s much easier ways to scheme guys open , we don’t need Randy Moss for that. No matter your opinion on Lashlee dude schemed guys wide open. Guys like Brevin, Mallory , Arroyo, Harley , Rambo , Rooster and others. Scheme did that. And yes it was flawed but the point still stands.

Agree 1000%. I'm speaking more to the people who demand we go high tempo. I am a fan personally, but there's more than 1 way to skin a cat. The issue is what you're describing, not how quickly we're moving (although yes, the check with me on every single play is mind-numbing). We have to scheme better and we have to execute better. We're doing neither. I mean, we had dudes in the Southern Miss game flat out untouched to the QB. They rushed 4, and we literally didn't even block one of the kids. That happened twice. Sorry, that's not on TVD. I don't know the exact cause without being in meetings, but either we're not coached up well enough to know what to do, or we're not executing the correct plan on gameday.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gattis is lucky they don't have people with coaching experience ask these questions. This smug prick really said "I don't know what condensed formations are"

How about when the X is in a cut split and you motion the Z to the hip of the tackle, Joshua?

Clown.

Fair criticism there. The overall design and intent has been poor. And when the plays are there to be made, we're not making them. Not that this would mask all the issues and make everything roses, but I wish we could go back and have Henry Parrish catch the ball in the A&M game that hit him square in the chest on 3rd down. He likely scores on the play, or at least gets inside the 10 (cue the redzone jokes). Easy, simple football play. Again, NOT saying we don't have major systemic problems. But perception is everything. If you're not going to design plays to work, and the ones you do design to work, you fvck up...it's gonna be a real long season.
Go back and watch the spring game. Tell me how many targets Parrish gets and how many of those are dropped.

I don't expect you to actually do this. I'm just being facetious, but Parrish showed he had stone hands in the spring game. If that's Knighton out there on that play I have zero doubt the first down is made.

Advertisement
Back