MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

I think it was greener, but not green enough.

My concern with Mario is even if this style would eventually allow us to play with and hang with the upper tier teams, we look so bad right now that if we don't adapt our play calling for what works with our current players, that the damage being done will severely impact recruiting and then we never get to or at the minimum it is going to delay getting to the level/type of players we need to make that style work.

They had 2 weeks, hopefully they were able to at least adapt a bit. And of course, if the D didn't make some changes it's not going to matter what offense we are running this week.

I am not sure about the bolded part.

Everybody and their mother knows the extended warranty on a used car is a rip-off, but every day some slick, veteran used car salesman convinces some poor sap to buy one. They've read it's worthless, been told it's trash, and they still buy it. Why? Because that man can sell. We may not believe in Mario's ability to hire an OC who implements a modern, vertical offense, or his ability to use his TOs properly, but we would be foolish to doubt Mario's ability to recruit.

Advertisement
We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one, brother. Never in my life have I ever heard one coach say, "Our offense is our strength and our goal moving forward is to limit the amount of chances they get to score."

What is the tried and true strategy teams employ whenever they are outmanned and are facing a team with a good offense? The coaches always say they're going to slow things down, try to sustain drives, etc. so that they can limit the amount of times the other team has the ball.

You're arguing that when our offense was our strength we should have gone ahead and done that for the opposition.

"Hey, we know our offense is the best unit on the field tonight between both teams, so we're going to slow the game down, limit our chances to score, minimizing the gap between teams. Sound good?"

Like I said, we can agree to disagree if you're seriously saying when your offense is your strength you need to limit their opportunities to score.
I said limit the defenses exposure I didn't say not try and score.

Soooooo.....I see no one can actually answer my question. You guys seem to care about how "exciting" things look.

That's cool and all, but yeah... I care about the record.
The record is 2-2 with loss to MTSU. You scheme based on the players you have, not what you want

Mario is an Oline coach and is always going to run an offense that shows off his Oline.

Like Kiffen is a QB guy…he runs an offense that shows off the QB.Same with the pirate and a guy like Lincoln Riley.

The HC is always going to lean to what he knows best and all you can do is hope they are open enough to stray a little from what they know to allow their team to be successful.Kind of like OU.Riley always had a great offense but couldn’t stop anyone.Kirby’s a defensive coach and leans more to making sure his offense doesn’t put the defense in harms way and just asks his QB to not turn the ball over and give the other team short fields and score a little and his D will handle the rest.

Then you have a guy like Saban who is a defensive guy and like Kirby it was always about making sure his offense didn’t put the defense in too much trouble and let them win the game for him.THEN HE SMARTENED UP and saw that these new offenses could exploit his defenses no matter how many 5* he had on it and he couldn’t win with ball control and he adapted.

Let’s hope Mario at some stage realizes running an offense that takes 15-18 plays and 8-10 minutes to score won’t win much in todays world of quick strike offenses cause if not we will always be in a fight to win a game that we get behind in…
Need an HC who has an eye for staff, and is willing to delegate and adapt.

Staff identification was a major strength for Dennis and Butch. @SWFLHurricane

Despite not having any semblance of a running game we still ended up in the top 25 on offense last year. With a defense ranked 110th or so it was hard to win games. This year we struggled offensively against S. Miss, couldn’t score a TD against A&M, and got run out of the building against mighty MTSU.
I’ll take a tempo spread over this ****show all day.

Advertisement
For all y'all complaining..... How many games did the spread offense win us last yr??

Seriously. 7-5 last year with Lashlee. 8-3 the year before, and smoked by Clemson. North Carolina and Alabama along the way.

Won three games by eight points in 2021 and three by a combined nine points in 2020—King a magician for Miami in 2020, while TVD played over his skis last year after the Canes hit 2-4 and were playing with the house's money.

Everybody on the planet saw this one playing out; an off-season of "15-0!!" after Cristobal was hired, and the honeymoon over before he actually got out of September—everyone expecting 20 years of incompetence to get solved overnight.

This fan base is hilarious.

What we all need to realize regarding the offense is Lashlee was not elite here, but the offense has been so putrid this year we're badly yearning for what Lashlee had given us.

It's similar to how Brevin Jordan has been gone for 2 years and we're still debating if Mallory is a good TE or not.

Advertisement
Mario is an Oline coach and is always going to run an offense that shows off his Oline.

Like Kiffen is a QB guy…he runs an offense that shows off the QB.Same with the pirate and a guy like Lincoln Riley.

The HC is always going to lean to what he knows best and all you can do is hope they are open enough to stray a little from what they know to allow their team to be successful.Kind of like OU.Riley always had a great offense but couldn’t stop anyone.Kirby’s a defensive coach and leans more to making sure his offense doesn’t put the defense in harms way and just asks his QB to not turn the ball over and give the other team short fields and score a little and his D will handle the rest.

Then you have a guy like Saban who is a defensive guy and like Kirby it was always about making sure his offense didn’t put the defense in too much trouble and let them win the game for him.THEN HE SMARTENED UP and saw that these new offenses could exploit his defenses no matter how many 5* he had on it and he couldn’t win with ball control and he adapted.

Let’s hope Mario at some stage realizes running an offense that takes 15-18 plays and 8-10 minutes to score won’t win much in todays world of quick strike offenses cause if not we will always be in a fight to win a game that we get behind in…

When did Kirby smart adapt?.

Had Bama not have 2 star wrs out dude would still be championshipless

Need an HC who has an eye for staff, and is willing to delegate and adapt.

Staff identification was a major strength for Dennis and Butch. @SWFLHurricane
I spoke to Butch about this Ad nauseam...
Butch knew his limitations, and weaknesses, but he also built arguably our best staff ever.
That staff had the best
OL Coach
DB ST Coach
WR Coach
RB Coach in our History...on a limited budget.

you all are overreacting to the tweet.... you need to listen to the actual interview with Mario..

"we are a power spread offense. sometimes we have condensed sets sometimes we have spread sets. we have some tempo plays
we're not a fully committed tempo offense where we're running a play every 12-14 seconds. that's not where we're at right now"

he also repeatedly said that we have to be honest and evaluate what works and what doesn't work.. what worked in the past may not work for us with this personnel...

CIS overreacting to a tweet?
Really?
Impossible.

Who couldnt see it coming?.

The crazy part is......there excuse wasssss......CROOTING. ****ed me off man...all Lane wanted to do was come down here kick *** and smash some hoes....and i woulda personally helped him with the latter.
👀

0CEFDC1B-E827-49F5-A1B8-BAC281935B32.gif

Advertisement
Seriously. 7-5 last year with Lashlee. 8-3 the year before, and smoked by Clemson. North Carolina and Alabama along the way.

Won three games by eight points in 2021 and three by a combined nine points in 2020—King a magician for Miami in 2020, while TVD played over his skis last year after the Canes hit 2-4 and were playing with the house's money.

Everybody on the planet saw this one playing out; an off-season of "15-0!!" after Cristobal was hired, and the honeymoon over before he actually got out of September—everyone expecting 20 years of incompetence to get solved overnight.

This fan base is hilarious.
There has been so much focus on the coaching for the last 15 years, that people see nothing but stars and blue chip ratio when it comes to the players. Some of these guys are on their 4 offensive scheme is they were here during Richt. But forget every single thing you've practiced and learned and now do it this way., Oh, and get your attitudes in check also.

I expected more, but understand the drop off.

Of course, MTSU is still inexcusable under any circumstance.

When did Kirby smart adapt?.

Had Bama not have 2 star wrs out dude would still be championshipless

Please go back and read again.I never said Kirby adapted anything.I said Saban adapted…**** reading comprehension must not be taught in all schools..

Advertisement
And the players. We can definitely blame them, too.
Right now I'm feeling about 70/30 Coaches/Players as far as blame is concerned. If either had met expectations against MTSU, we would have won that game.

But when you buy the wrong warranty and your used Honda Accord breaks down without coverage leaving you stranded 5 miles from Tootsies and you can't afford the repairs, it's still mostly your own **** fault you bought that POS warranty and a used Honda Accord in the first place. But it's also true that a used Honda Accord will never be a brand new Tesla, no matter how or where you drive it. Choices at the top matter. Performance matters, too.
Do you buy the stop gap insurance when financing a car? I did the last time. I don’t know if it pays off or not but it seems like a pretty safe idea.

Advertisement
Back