Everyone talking about Enos but the bigger issue this season

DemCanesByke

Senior
Most of us anticipated the defense would carry us until the offense had time to gel. I think the offense is still figuring out what they are good at with the constant shuffling of offensive lineman and personnel. Also key to remember jarren didnt take the majority of reps in the spring with the 1s and in fall he split reps. Even in Richts first year the offense didnt take off until the end of the year. What is concerning to me is that the defense has multiple proven players (Garvin, Lbers, Bandy) and not one has looked better in this system than last year. Even the VA Tech transfer looked better under his prior system. Ppl will claim that oh the defense won us the last game. If Central Michigan Wrs could catch they have at least 7 more points.

Advertisement
Dan Penos is definitely the main issue right now. I-Formation, 3 TE sets, constant play action without setting up the run.
The issue is further exacerbated by the fact that JW is hesitant to throw it deep. There have been several times that the broadcasters mention how wide open JT4 is deep. So disappointed with the outcome of this OC hiring. I hope Southwest Michigan hires him as their HC.

SIAP. Check out Blake Baker (LA Tech) and Manny Diaz against LSU last year. Obviously different personnel, but you get to see their approach to the same team.

Advertisement
Our DEs should be wreaking havoc. Instead, I feel like they are playing in NoDs old wefense under Golden. Let them get after it!

P.S. - Manny please resume calling the Defense. This D doesn't look or perform anything like your D from last year (which was great). Muchas Gracias.

Garvin and Hill had constant pressure Saturday. Both had sacks, one of which resulted in a fumble.

Advertisement
We lack the pressure up the middle. Only GR15 provided any kind of pressure in the middle. Let's get away from this 3 man rush set. It is not producing, I really don't recall Manny using this set much if at all. Coaching is a major concern at this point in the season. No more excuses.

There was one play against CMU that baffled me. The CMU quarterback scrambled/rolled out to his left, Garvin’s side. Rather than attack, Garvin literally stood there waving his arms. WTF?

Advertisement
They are clearly trying to stop the run - perhaps a consequence of the Wisky game last year. That has improved dramatically.

This, and losing some quality people on D has caused a regression in pass coverage.

Advertisement
The biggest problem is the unqualified Temple coach that we settled on before conducting a search.

I seriously doubt that any non-Cuban supports this clown. Was a disaster of a hire from day 1 and if you couldnt see that you probably should follow womens field hockey.

The biggest problem is the unqualified Temple coach that we settled on before conducting a search.

I seriously doubt that any non-Cuban supports this clown. Was a disaster of a hire from day 1 and if you couldnt see that you probably should follow womens field hockey.

not Cuban and I support him. Be 100% real who could we’ve gotten that’s better? We’ve had a revolving door with our coaches for 15 years now. Give manny a chance. Elite college football coaches are not growing on trees. There may be 5 elite coaches across the entire country.

Put things into perspective. This team went 7-6 last year. We have some serious roster issues we have to fix. You don’t plug in a new coach and then boom we’re in the playoffs. We can’t keep hiring and firing coaches. I like Manny we’ve lost 2 games by less than 7 points. Chill tf out and be realistic about where the program is right now. Expect dog fights the rest of the year. 8-4 is the most likely outcome.

Dan Penos is definitely the main issue right now. I-Formation, 3 TE sets, constant play action without setting up the run.
The issue is further exacerbated by the fact that JW is hesitant to throw it deep. There have been several times that the broadcasters mention how wide open JT4 is deep. So disappointed with the outcome of this OC hiring. I hope Southwest Michigan hires him as their HC.
not Cuban and I support him. Be 100% real who could we’ve gotten that’s better? We’ve had a revolving door with our coaches for 15 years now. Give manny a chance. Elite college football coaches are not growing on trees. There may be 5 elite coaches across the entire country.

Put things into perspective. This team went 7-6 last year. We have some serious roster issues we have to fix. You don’t plug in a new coach and then boom we’re in the playoffs. We can’t keep hiring and firing coaches. I like Manny we’ve lost 2 games by less than 7 points. Chill tf out and be realistic about where the program is right now. Expect dog fights the rest of the year. 8-4 is the most likely outcome.
We could have had Mario and he’s looking pretty good right now. Atleast Mario knows how to recruit and build a competent staff. Point black, UM picked the wrong Cuban.

Advertisement
Back