Everyone Just Needs To Relax

twalcott5

Freshman
Sounds like the Canes world is falling apart right now according to most threads. I am quite sure you guys remember the regime of the past few years right? Remember the atrocious defenses? I also remember that neither Grace nor Muhammad set the world on fire last year. Remember how we used to fall apart in the second half of games? Well guess what? I am going to play captain obvious here. 1) We now have a new headcoach that understands how to coach, 2) We have the best DL coach in the land and pretty much your front 8 is interchangeable, 3) We have a Defensive Coordinator that believes in attacking and putting pressure on the offense, 4) We have a group of talented LBs, albeit freshmen, that know how to play, 5) We now have a better conditioned team both mentally and physically, 6) We have the best QB in the land, bar none!. The above formula to me translates into a team that will now have a much better chance to win games than past teams, and even as crappy as we were last year, we still won 8 games!! It's going to be a fun season people. Enjoy the ride!!

Advertisement
55636852.jpg

Sounds like the Canes world is falling apart right now according to most threads. I am quite sure you guys remember the regime of the past few years right? Remember the atrocious defenses? I also remember that neither Grace nor Muhammad set the world on fire last year. Remember how we used to fall apart in the second half of games?

I keep hearing people say this, but Grace was our leading tackler last season with 79 tackles/6 TFL/2 sacks. He even ranked 3rd on the team with 5 PBU's. His sophmore season he had 60 tackles/6.5 TFL/3 sacks. 147 career tackles/12.5 TFL/5 sacks. He was set to thrive in this new attacking style defense. Don't get it twisted.

AQM was our 3rd leading tackler last season with 54 tackles/8.5 TFL/5 sacks. He led our team in TFL's and sacks. HE WAS also set to thrive in this new scheme, with the best DL coach in America.

The bright spot is now Miami should be better off in 2017 now, than they would've been with younger guys getting more reps this season. Make no mistake though, these are HUGE losses. You don't get better by losing 2 starters, and 2 of your best players at that.

Sounds like the Canes world is falling apart right now according to most threads. I am quite sure you guys remember the regime of the past few years right? Remember the atrocious defenses? I also remember that neither Grace nor Muhammad set the world on fire last year. Remember how we used to fall apart in the second half of games?

I keep hearing people say this, but Grace was our leading tackler last season with 79 tackles/6 TFL/2 sacks. He even ranked 3rd on the team with 5 PBU's. His sophmore season he had 60 tackles/6.5 TFL/3 sacks. 147 career tackles/12.5 TFL/5 sacks. He was set to thrive in this new attacking style defense. Don't get it twisted.

AQM was our 3rd leading tackler last season with 54 tackles/8.5 TFL/5 sacks. He led our team in TFL's and sacks. HE WAS also set to thrive in this new scheme, with the best DL coach in America.

The bright spot is now Miami should be better off in 2017 now, than they would've been with younger guys getting more reps this season. Make no mistake though, these are HUGE losses. You don't get better by losing 2 starters, and 2 of your best players at that.

exactly. in 2017 we will have experienced guys and great depth coming in. you can see richt will play alot of freshman because he hasnt been blow away by the returning talent.

Advertisement
...but Grace was our leading tackler last season with 79 tackles/6 TFL/2 sacks...He was set to thrive in this new attacking style defense...

AQM was our 3rd leading tackler last season with 54 tackles/8.5 TFL/5 sacks. He led our team in TFL's and sacks. HE WAS also set to thrive in this new scheme, with the best DL coach in America...

Make no mistake though, these are HUGE losses. You don't get better by losing 2 starters, and 2 of your best players at that.

GaC...

You bring up solid stats of two players who were forced to play in an ill-fitted scheme coached and led by sub-par staff.

The departure of these players will only be "losses" if their previous production can't be accounted for by their replacements.

Can anyone say definitively that isn't going to happen? Look at this way, AQM was another "sideline legend" whose greatness was always next game, next season.

You and I have as many game day sacks under Kool and the Gangs revamped DL as AQM does. ZERO.

I think its a touch insulting to the rising players that no one is even willing to review the Canes pending performance against FAMU before the baby harp seal wailing and flailing goes full throat.

Again, AQM, Grace, and Young have done have produced exactly the same game day stats in 2016 as all the other players on the roster...ZERO.

Lets see what stats are put up against FAMU before we begin to assess just how big a "loss" their departures really are.

...but Grace was our leading tackler last season with 79 tackles/6 TFL/2 sacks...He was set to thrive in this new attacking style defense...

AQM was our 3rd leading tackler last season with 54 tackles/8.5 TFL/5 sacks. He led our team in TFL's and sacks. HE WAS also set to thrive in this new scheme, with the best DL coach in America...

Make no mistake though, these are HUGE losses. You don't get better by losing 2 starters, and 2 of your best players at that.

GaC...

You bring up solid stats of two players who were forced to play in an ill-fitted scheme coached and led by sub-par staff.

The departure of these players will only be "losses" if their previous production can't be accounted for by their replacements.

Can anyone say definitively that isn't going to happen? Look at this way, AQM was another "sideline legend" whose greatness was always next game, next season.

You and I have as many game day sacks under Kool and the Gangs revamped DL as AQM does. ZERO.

I think its a touch insulting to the rising players that no one is even willing to review the Canes pending performance against FAMU before the baby harp seal wailing and flailing goes full throat.

Again, AQM, Grace, and Young have done have produced exactly the same game day stats in 2016 as all the other players on the roster...ZERO.

Lets see what stats are put up against FAMU before we begin to assess just how big a "loss" their departures really are.

BINGO!!!. Their replacements in my opinion should do as well or better, in a much better system. Our LBs didn't do crap last year. Our new LBs are much better. We'll talk after the season.

Advertisement
Sounds like the Canes world is falling apart right now according to most threads. I am quite sure you guys remember the regime of the past few years right? Remember the atrocious defenses? I also remember that neither Grace nor Muhammad set the world on fire last year. Remember how we used to fall apart in the second half of games? Well guess what? I am going to play captain obvious here. 1) We now have a new headcoach that understands how to coach, 2) We have the best DL coach in the land and pretty much your front 8 is interchangeable, 3) We have a Defensive Coordinator that believes in attacking and putting pressure on the offense, 4) We have a group of talented LBs, albeit freshmen, that know how to play, 5) We now have a better conditioned team both mentally and physically, 6) We have the best QB in the land, bar none!. The above formula to me translates into a team that will now have a much better chance to win games than past teams, and even as crappy as we were last year, we still won 8 games!! It's going to be a fun season people. Enjoy the ride!!

Take off the green and orange colored glasses before you tell other people to calm down.

Why don't you tell me that last NCAA team to start 3 freshman linebackers who won even 8 games.

And you talking about on a team who played as miserable on defense as we did last year.

Seriously WTF? If you put 3 first round draft picks back there they would still struggle on the field all together as freshman.

Take off the green and orange colored glasses before you tell other people to calm down.

Why don't you tell me that last NCAA team to start 3 freshman linebackers who won even 8 games.

And you talking about on a team who played as miserable on defense as we did last year.

Seriously WTF? If you put 3 first round draft picks back there they would still struggle on the field all together as freshman.

We are doomed!!! Why even play. Our 85 players left are not worth a ****.

Advertisement
Everybody needs to move on. The situation isn't going to change by worrying or complaining.

The U finally has a top tier coach, and a top staff, including one of the best DL coaches in the country. Recruiting is on the rise. The team will play in a newly-renovated NFL stadium. Brad Kaaya is the best QB at Miami in nearly 15 years, a potential top 10 NFL draft pick. There may be a hiccup or two by relying on a number of freshman on both sides of the ball. This will only make the team better over the next few seasons.

Have a nice day.

...Take off the green and orange colored glasses before you tell other people to calm down...

Absolutely correct! Let's call UM's AD and tell them to cancel all the games...the Canes are doomed...probably wont even make a single tackle all season.

Its just better that way instead of them going out to compete and just get embarrassed play after play. So much better.

While we are it, why not dissolve the entire AD? I heard AQM, Grace, and Young were going to take key AD leadership roles after this season anyways.

The Canes are doomed!!

Advertisement

We will be okay.

Grace was a stud for us. Let's not bash that guy on his way out the door. I'd love to have him on the team this season.

Advertisement
Back