Ever look at battles we're winning?

MIA42178

All-ACC
Banned
Morans

DJ Johnson
DeeJay Dallas

And so on. Care to discuss their other offers?

McFarland?

Donaldson?

Bandy?

Advertisement
This is an excellent class with very few reaches assuming we close with a few guys we are leading for

Perry
Welden

McFarland
Burns

Njoku
Harley

Polendy

Donaldson
Slaton
Herbert
Gaynor
Dykstra
Hillery

Ford
Concliffe

Garvin
DJ

Wilder
Jennings
Steed

Bandy
Dallas
Dean
Edwards

Carter
Gibson
Smith

Feagles

WR could use one more stud.
Dykstra and Hillery are development guys

Can't find one more guy that I think can not play at UM

Advertisement
The only real complaint is that we aren't loading up at certain positions like most people thought we would. I'm worried about WR/CB too, but I get the impression the staff is where they want to be. They dropped Dingle even though many here think we're too light on WR. If that's a mistake, if they've so badly misjudged the team's situation then recruiting another WR is the least of our problems. Might as well sit back and let them do their thing.

The only real complaint is that we aren't loading up at certain positions like most people thought we would. I'm worried about WR/CB too, but I get the impression the staff is where they want to be. They dropped Dingle even though many here think we're too light on WR. If that's a mistake, if they've so badly misjudged the team's situation then recruiting another WR is the least of our problems. Might as well sit back and let them do their thing.

My only concern heading into this recruiting cycle was OL, CB, and WR.

OL - Keeping Donaldson was beyond huge. I like Hillery and Dykstra as development guys. Like many have said, I think Gaynor's the center of the future and will likely red-shirt this year. If we get Herbert and Slaton like Pete thinks we will, then I give the O-line recruiting an A+. Right now I have it at a B+/A-.

CB - Bandy will get significant playing time and I'm not sure where Deejay fits in here. We've addressed safety with Gibson, Carter, and Smith. Dean looks like he'll be a flip and if we get Edwards back, then I'm happy with the group. Right now I give the recruiting a C+ for corners, but given the trend with the aforementioned guys, I'd give it an A-. Simply because we lost out on Davis and Henderson. But still a solid group if it goes that way.

WR - This is the one I'm still very concerned about. We have very little in terms of production coming back at the position. Right now the only receiver we have committed is Njoku who looks like he's developing into a physical monster. Having said that, we've struck out on Jeudy and Holloman and are now relying Smith and putting all our eggs in that basket. Harley's not a game changer, but he's a need given his speed at the position. Pete says he's coming, but with what we have committed right now and given that we need numbers, I'm going with a D-/F. You get Harley and Smith and possibly a quality JUCO, then I'm at a B/B+.

This is just my opinion though.

OL - Keeping Donaldson was beyond huge. I like Hillery and Dykstra as development guys. Like many have said, I think Gaynor's the center of the future and will likely red-shirt this year. If we get Herbert and Slaton like Pete thinks we will, then I give the O-line recruiting an A+. Right now I have it at a B+/A-.

CB - Bandy will get significant playing time and I'm not sure where Deejay fits in here. We've addressed safety with Gibson, Carter, and Smith. Dean looks like he'll be a flip and if we get Edwards back, then I'm happy with the group. Right now I give the recruiting a C+ for corners, but given the trend with the aforementioned guys, I'd give it an A-. Simply because we lost out on Davis and Henderson. But still a solid group if it goes that way.

WR - This is the one I'm still very concerned about. We have very little in terms of production coming back at the position. Right now the only receiver we have committed is Njoku who looks like he's developing into a physical monster. Having said that, we've struck out on Jeudy and Holloman and are now relying Smith and putting all our eggs in that basket. Harley's not a game changer, but he's a need given his speed at the position. Pete says he's coming, but with what we have committed right now and given that we need numbers, I'm going with a D-/F. You get Harley and Smith and possibly a quality JUCO, then I'm at a B/B+.

I agree with all of this great post

Advertisement

Solid post and I totally agree w u

this will be our best class we have had in 10 years. Also if you remember people wer hating our our class last season and yet it turned out to be the most talent filled one in 3-4 years. **** we had 3 first team freshman AA.

WR - we have alot of talent inas Cager, Berrios,Richards, Harris are a really good top 4 and Richards will be a top 5 WR in college IMO. Then we have 3-4 other guys who have some promise ( including the younger Njoku) . WE will add 2 more which will be Harley and one other and we will be fine as long as we don't have 2-3 guys tear ACL's . I would of liked to sign 4 WR but the coaches cant be super worried about it if they just let a talent like Dingle go .

Solid analysis, O&G.

Advertisement
Jesus FSU will also get 5 stars Akers and Kaindoh. Their recruiting puts shame Miami's recruiting to shame.

Jesus FSU will also get 5 stars Akers and Kaindoh. Their recruiting puts shame Miami's recruiting to shame.

We're looking good in some spots but we're looking like an epic fail at WR and CB is a big concern too.

FSU has always had better recruiting classes on paper than Miami.

We used to laugh at them for crowing about their classes.

It comes down to spotting talent, developing it, and winning.

Advertisement
WR - we have alot of talent inas Cager, Berrios,Richards, Harris are a really good top 4 and Richards will be a top 5 WR in college IMO. Then we have 3-4 other guys who have some promise ( including the younger Njoku) . WE will add 2 more which will be Harley and one other and we will be fine as long as we don't have 2-3 guys tear ACL's . I would of liked to sign 4 WR but the coaches cant be super worried about it if they just let a talent like Dingle go .

Don't forget Mullins

Robert Burns had recruiters on him from the following programs other than Miami:

Tennessee
Notre Dame
FSU
Clemson
Alabama

And we beat Notre Dame and Clemson for Amari Carter

Don't look at the stars ! We have a lot of 3 stars who can ball . And this coaching staff can develop these kids as we saw this year . We good . Trust richt

Deejay will play WR in my opinion...

Solid analysis, O&G.

Advertisement
Back