Evan Shirreffs is he still unsigned

So why have him OV. They could have had that convo over the phone. It makes no sense. Sometimes kids just fly inder the radar. Unless there were red flags with grades or behavior, the tape, the size, the smarts are worth it. We need quality depth. Look at the tape below. At the very least he develops into a quality backup. Look t the video below. The kid has been coached. He is a quality QB, I can't see why they are waiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-QB3oQ4M5A

Advertisement
Sometimes you have to project talent. Rozier didn't have a great offer sheet when we offered. Heaps had a great offer sheet and was highly rated and look at his career. It's not as simple as stars and offer sheets. That is what JJ Watts was stressing in his quotes yesterday. Sometimes circumstances dictate how recruiting plays out. He waited behind his brother for two years and got injured during his Junior year. He basically has one year of great ball to show. He is a risk for sure but he has the size, tools and the smarts to compete in a position of desperate need.

To be Honest... Wouldn't we rather have a 5th year Sr Transfer (ala jack heaps) as an insurance for Kaaya.

I bet they are waiting to see exactly who will be out there when the dust settles.

**** maybe even a JUCO...

To Take a QB with the premise that he might be number 3 or 2, you better be prepared for him to play.
I rather take an experience/ older guy

But If he wants to Walk on ... by All means .. please do so.

JC

What 5th year senior or JUCO with only 2 years to play is going to come to Miami to backup a soon to be sophmore starter? It isn't going to happen. Those types of guys are looking for a place they have a chance to compete for the starting job just like Heaps. He had 1 year left so he picked a school (Miami) who had a wide open QB job so he would have a chance to start. It didn't work out that way but still if Miami had a returning freshman starting QB Heaps doesn't come to Miami.

To be Honest... Wouldn't we rather have a 5th year Sr Transfer (ala jack heaps) as an insurance for Kaaya.

I bet they are waiting to see exactly who will be out there when the dust settles.

**** maybe even a JUCO...

To Take a QB with the premise that he might be number 3 or 2, you better be prepared for him to play.
I rather take an experience/ older guy

But If he wants to Walk on ... by All means .. please do so.

JC

What 5th year senior or JUCO with only 2 years to play is going to come to Miami to backup a soon to be sophmore starter? It isn't going to happen. Those types of guys are looking for a place they have a chance to compete for the starting job just like Heaps. He had 1 year left so he picked a school (Miami) who had a wide open QB job so he would have a chance to start. It didn't work out that way but still if Miami had a returning freshman starting QB Heaps doesn't come to Miami.

Not Many ... But One that knows in this day of Age that you MUST have 2 QBs on the Roster that is ready to play at all times. BK is one bad hit from us putting in Gray Crow if Malik gets his sweet swing Back.

If not for Anything... Miami Coaches do a good job of Getting their players invites and looks in the PROs... Even the back-ups...

(just goes to show its been our coaching/scheme thats held us back.. smdh)

JC

Advertisement
Literally do not care

Yet you commented, you're such a rebel man

Uhhh saying I literally do not care whether we sign this kid or not because he will never play a down in his life at Miami. But thanks bro!

Quite a disappointment that we are here a day after signing day trying to scramble for a QB. One could argue that a QUARTERBACK could be the most important part of a class year in and year out. Yet here we are discussing which reject to scoop up

I think he is good enough for a scholarship. He is better than Roiser and Crow from what I see. He is mobile when he needs to be too. I like that he is smart and has a solid game.

If we asked him to walk on why would we offer him a scholarship? I'm not saying a lot of what goes on with Golden makes sense, but this does. No way I offer the kid a ship when I wanted him to walk on. If he wasn't good enough for an offer then, he isn't now.

Folden didn't think Redwine or King were worthy of scholarships before yesterday either.

Advertisement
Not taking a Qb is epic fail!! Didn't we learn this lesson under Shannon? Depth @ Qb looks thin!!!

Totally agree. Not taking a QB in the class is a MAJOR failure, especially considering our depth and talent at QB behind Kaaya. That being said, at this point I would rather save the schollie or use it on a skill player who didn't previously get an offer for whichever lame reason the staff came up with. Obviously its too late for the latter considering signing day has come and gone. The Corn Elder situation is something I would be willing to bet won't happen again any time soon. We got extremely lucky a talent like him who didn't have a scholarship offer before signing day was still willing and able to come to our team.

Back to the original point, theres very little difference in giving a kid who isn't good enough to play here a scholarship and just saving the scholarship for use next year or on a legit prospect. Signing this kid doesn't all of a sudden give our QB situation in this class ANY credibility at all. That is why I originally said I literally do not care whether we get this kid or not. Who knows, maybe this kids the next Tom Brady for all I know, but if I were a betting man I would put all my money down that he will never sniff the field at Miami, thus it being a waste of a scholarship. Think of it this way, will Gray Crow ever do anything on the field for this team?

Not taking a Qb is epic fail!! Didn't we learn this lesson under Shannon? Depth @ Qb looks thin!!!

It's more than thin. One injury and Rosier (a redshirt freshman baseball player) is starting, two injuries and a walk-on is starting.

Advertisement
Back