Evan Neil has unreal quickness for a man his size

Advertisement
I know our DL woes and needs, but he may be my #1 target for us. This kid is a 3 and done OG/RT.

He is simply too large and gifted athletically to not be great.

Gunna have to lose at least 50lbs when he gets here though.
He doesn’t look out of shape physically, just a big kid. Img lineman for whatever reason seem to weigh more than a high schooler should for whatever reason

Last edited:
He doesn’t look out of shape physically, just a big kid. Img lineman for whatever reason seem to be weigh more than a high schooler should for whatever reason
Don't think that's true. Some of them are just fat like Curtis Dunlap. Evan Neal does have to lose some weight - that is natural for some HS OT's his size.

Advertisement
He doesn’t look out of shape physically, just a big kid. Img lineman for whatever reason seem to be weigh more than a high schooler should for whatever reason

It's that IMG meal plan.

I agree.. Neal might be
I know our DL woes and needs, but he may be my #1 target for us. This kid is a 3 and done OG/RT.

He is simply too large and gifted athletically to not be great.
I agree hes a cant miss #1 player type talent. I think he can play LT as well. He can be a Day 1 starter next year at LT. Think of his comp at IMG past few years at practice everyday. Xavier Thomas, Taron Vincent, Nolan Smith, Stephon Wynn, Josh Kaindoh, Rob beal..Thats an ELITE amount of talent to go up against daily, not including who ever they faced on their national schedule.

Don't think that's true. Some of them are just fat like Curtis Dunlap. Evan Neal does have to lose some weight - that is natural for some HS OT's his size.

Agreed. Don't know why Brock keeps pushing this weird narrative that Neal isn't overweight. He clearly has excess fat he needs to shed. Dude still has a baby face. Some of that will come off naturally as he continues to mature. He'll shed and redistribute weight in the next 2 years.

IMO the fact that he is overweight just makes him all the more impressive because I'm fully confident he'll be able to trim some of that fat and his mobility will only improve as a result.

Advertisement
Unlike most uncommitted Super Star prospects, I feel we get this kid. We have to many "strong" connections to this kid and his character seems, since I don't know the kid, drama free. Like Jay Bilas (basketball) said today, we know money is being exchanged in football via other methods. Because shoe contracts are not as ideal to promote sneakers by football players. Point being is that talents on his level probably have more money offered to their parents, handlers or chief influence person.

Dude he's almost 400lbs, of course he's out of shape, you can't be serious dude.
No ******* way in **** this kid will play over 350lbs. He is definitely going to need to lose weight once he gets to college, and a lot of it. Same thing Donaldson did.

Agreed. Don't know why Brock keeps pushing this weird narrative that Neal isn't overweight. He clearly has excess fat he needs to shed. Dude still has a baby face. Some of that will come off naturally as he continues to mature. He'll shed and redistribute weight in the next 2 years.

IMO the fact that he is overweight just makes him all the more impressive because I'm fully confident he'll be able to trim some of that fat and his mobility will only improve as a result.
I’m not saying he shouldn’t lose weight every lineman can but from a pic I’ve seen he doesn’t appear
Dude he's almost 400lbs, of course he's out of shape, you can't be serious dude.
No ******* way in **** this kid will play over 350lbs. He is definitely going to need to lose weight once he gets to college, and a lot of it. Same thing Donaldson did.
the picture of him in the upper right corner of him and Nolan smith. Can he cut down weight? Yes but he’s not all sloppy like Carlos Dunlap was

09BF2E6B-56D1-4AA0-B6D4-F9E8553A3A4B.jpeg

Advertisement
He doesn't appear flabby by offensive line standards. He could probably stand to lose some baby fat but if he puts on muscle, he's still going to weigh a lot. Judging by the shirtless photo, his body is prototypical for an O-lineman.

Rick won’t be asking, “Where are all the big guys?” if he signs this dude. This might be the biggest guy.

I overheard legendary Shamu tell one of his handlers, “**** that dude’s big!” the first time he saw Neal.

Advertisement
At the Miami regional he measured 6'7" 391lbs. Guys, this isn't even a debate, he's going to have to lose a lot of weight when he gets to campus.
He absolutely would need to get down to AT LEAST 350lbs.

At the NFL combine last year the biggest guy was Zach Banner who was an inch taller at 6'8" and weighed 353lbs.
There were 9 total OL in last years draft that werer 6'7" or taller. Their average weight was 317lbs.

So even if He was going to be as big as the biggest OL in last yrs draft he'd have to lose 40lbs.

At the Miami regional he measured 6'7" 391lbs. Guys, this isn't even a debate, he's going to have to lose a lot of weight when he gets to campus.
He absolutely would need to get down to AT LEAST 350lbs.

At the NFL combine last year the biggest guy was Zach Banner who was an inch taller at 6'8" and weighed 353lbs.
There were 9 total OL in last years draft that werer 6'7" or taller. Their average weight was 317lbs.

So even if He was going to be as big as the biggest OL in last yrs draft he'd have to lose 40lbs.
Get him signed first then worry about the weight.

Advertisement
Back