brock

All-American
Expected start date November 2017
Finish date July 2019
$193 million
Big upgrade for Miami's facilities
IMG_0785.jpg

Advertisement
Gonna be a huge recruiting boost along NT with the IPF. The university as a whole is really starting to show some serious progress. I'm hoping we can climb into the top 40 rankings and put some more distance between us and UF.

Gonna be a huge recruiting boost along NT with the IPF. The university as a whole is really starting to show some serious progress. I'm hoping we can climb into the top 40 rankings and put some more distance between us and UF.

Yep

I'd go ahead and add 6 months on to the expected completion date. Anyone at UM in 2005-2006 time frame remembers the development of the apartments across from Greentree. That project finished well behind schedule and required UM to rent out hotel rooms for students for at least a semester.

Also, is it weird that I miss some of the "old" Miami campus? Really odd going to campus now and see the massive UC on the water in the spot where the old Ratskeller used to be. Going to be a horrible day when they eventually tear down the freshman towers.

I'd go ahead and add 6 months on to the expected completion date. Anyone at UM in 2005-2006 time frame remembers the development of the apartments across from Greentree. That project finished well behind schedule and required UM to rent out hotel rooms for students for at least a semester.

Also, is it weird that I miss some of the "old" Miami campus? Really odd going to campus now and see the massive UC on the water in the spot where the old Ratskeller used to be. Going to be a horrible day when they eventually tear down the freshman towers.

I feel you Bro. I felt the same way when they tore down Fontana Hall at USF and replaced it with a fancy apartment building with basement style parking.

Advertisement

they're already deciding whether or not to tear them down or renovate again. they really need to be torn down at this point.

How long was this in the works for?

Something that Pres Frenk did or the last regime?

they're already deciding whether or not to tear them down or renovate again. they really need to be torn down at this point.

Fair point. It's probably been 12 years since I've stepped foot in any of those towers, and even then they were pretty beat up.

They are a (visual) staple of campus. Will be missed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back