ESPN's Way Too Early 2017 ACC Power Rankings

I disagree with their prediction.
FSU will have at least 3 loses. (Alabama, Miami, & Louisville).

My Top 3 are: Miami, Louisville, Clemson. It doesn't matter after that!!!!

We should win Coastal with ease as long as we get a better O-Line than this year, and we have a mediocre to good QB. Better pay calling will help that some. Our LBers should carry the team next year. the best class of LBer's I have seen following college ball for 30 years. Jackson at DE will be an all ACC player if he continues where he left off. Get some more help in defense backfield, and defense should be very tough. If we don't win Coastal next year and go to Charlotte, Richt should be sent packing, Coastal will be even weaker than it was this past year. Expecting like 9-3 or 10-2 year and trip to Charlotte.

FSU to be better than last year. Way to deep. Don't have Cook but have other stud RB's s that could start for anyone in ACC. Defensively they will be better. Extra year by QB will be huge. Walker will be a big loss, but their defense looked good after they finally figured out there line up. Only hang up might be if QB is hurt. DO not even know who they have s a back up if he goes down.

Clemson, will drop, but not off the face of the earth. Defense will be extremely good, and Dabo ha a great O-line back and has studs to fill in of skill positions. Drop off, but won't fall to 7-5 like some on here think. Dabo has it rolling u there. A lot of young QB talent waiting to get a shot

Louisville, i expect a significant drop. Lamar Jackson and that is it.

UNC without Trubisky does not finish .500, he will be in NFL next year.

Advertisement
I really think it's ridiculous to expect Clemson to just pick up where they left off. Clemson loses its All World QB, starting RB, Center, TE, and top 2 WR's on offense. On D they lose DT Carlos Watkins, the leader of the defense in LB Ben Boulware, their lockdown CB Tankersley and their starting SS. I feel like this is gonna be their down year and they'll lose to FSU, Louisville and possible to VT or a GT or BC. I'll be surprised if they don't lose at least 3 games.

Clemson will be similar to FSU this season. Still good but very beatable. No excuses for us to not beat FSU.. either in the regular season, ACCCG, or both. Dalvin was the difference 3 years in a row and he's gone.

heard the same thing after jameis.

I really think it's ridiculous to expect Clemson to just pick up where they left off. Clemson loses its All World QB, starting RB, Center, TE, and top 2 WR's on offense. On D they lose DT Carlos Watkins, the leader of the defense in LB Ben Boulware, their lockdown CB Tankersley and their starting SS. I feel like this is gonna be their down year and they'll lose to FSU, Louisville and possible to VT or a GT or BC. I'll be surprised if they don't lose at least 3 games.

Clemson will be similar to FSU this season. Still good but very beatable. No excuses for us to not beat FSU.. either in the regular season, ACCCG, or both. Dalvin was the difference 3 years in a row and he's gone.

They still had cook. He was the one making the difference, not rapist.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I detect a big sense of bravado with all of the predictions of a win over FSU next year at this point. Our season will come down to two things that are huge question marks at this point. As our QB and new corners go, so will this team. With huge question marks at this point, I'm not expecting a win against FSU. The Coastal is there for the taking and how well we address those two issues, FSU is a possibility.

Advertisement

Meh, you could also argue Kaaya had 3 straight good games against FSU and he gone too

Here's Miami's record for the past eleven years. Thats a 57% win percentage. We've finished ranked twice in the AP during that period, 19th in 2009 and 20th this year. Its delusional to think that we will be a failure if we don't win the coastal next year, especially with an unproven QB. I want ten wins and if that gets the coastal all the better. We should be the favorite in 2018 to win the coastal and the ACC by 2019 with a berth in the playoffs. I know that's not popular but its realistic.

2006 7-6
2007 5-7
2008 7-6
2009 9-4
2010 7-6
2011 6-6
2012 7-5
2013 9-4
2014 6-7
2015 8-5
2016 9-4

No excuse to not crush our Coastal competition.

Only way we don't is if our QB's absolutely fall on their faces, and I would think that's highly unlikely. Our defense alone should keep us in every game.

If there's one thing I know, it's that there are so very many different ways not to win the coastal.

True. We have found way too many over the last decade. I think that run is coming to an end though.

Advertisement

Meh, you could also argue Kaaya had 3 straight good games against FSU and he gone too
I said difference. Everything equal and cook makes the difference in those narrow losses for us

Here's Miami's record for the past eleven years. Thats a 57% win percentage. We've finished ranked twice in the AP during that period, 19th in 2009 and 20th this year. Its delusional to think that we will be a failure if we don't win the coastal next year, especially with an unproven QB. I want ten wins and if that gets the coastal all the better. We should be the favorite in 2018 to win the coastal and the ACC by 2019 with a berth in the playoffs. I know that's not popular but its realistic.

2006 7-6
2007 5-7
2008 7-6
2009 9-4
2010 7-6
2011 6-6
2012 7-5
2013 9-4
2014 6-7
2015 8-5
2016 9-4
The Goal should be winning the Coastal. That's where it starts. If we don't win the Coastal everything else is moot. When you win that then u turn your eyes to FSU and Clemson.

Advertisement
Back