ESPN's "The Season"

Advertisement
The scene with Ed Reed and Phillip Buchanan in the film room tells the whole story. Reed says the coaches are only allowed 20 hours a week to work with you. It’s up to you to put in the extra work. It’s what separates the good from the great players. For all the complaining about bad coaches (we’ve certainly had them) it’s on the players to decide they want to be great.

The scene with Ed Reed and Phillip Buchanan in the film room tells the whole story. Reed says the coaches are only allowed 20 hours a week to work with you. It’s up to you to put in the extra work. It’s what separates the good from the great players. For all the complaining about bad coaches (we’ve certainly had them) it’s on the players to decide they want to be great.
It's about talent man alot of jags watch film though. I can watch film all day and be a zero star recruit

Advertisement
It's about talent man alot of jags watch film though. I can watch film all day and be a zero star recruit
Then why does Miami consistently lose to less talented teams? I’m not buying that FIU , Georgia tech and Louisiana Tech just out talented Miami. Take two evenly matched athletes. Have one of them watch film and do extra prep and have the other just do the bare minimum. The one putting in the extra work will outplay the other one 99% of the time.
Reed isn’t the GOAT because he’s bigger, stronger and faster than everyone he played against.

Hoping we will return to excellence sooner than later. It's been a minute.
2020 is about to be a movie.

I'm higher on Manny than most. He was in a lose-lose situation. Play the party guys and go 6-7, or bench them and go 3-9. Pitt is the perfect example. Starting QB was benched for breaking curfew, we were on our way to a L, benched QB had to come in and win the game.

I'm higher on Manny than most. He was in a lose-lose situation. Play the party guys and go 6-7, or bench them and go 3-9. Pitt is the perfect example. Starting QB was benched for breaking curfew, we were on our way to a L, benched QB had to come in and win the game.
I agree. Now it IS up to Manny to keep that type of thing from happening again.

I hope you're right Rev

Advertisement

Rare D Rev good take

Advertisement
Back