ESPN Way Too Early Top 25 has Miami at #22

NSHCane

Freshman
Premium
Advertisement

It's nice to see us show up in a poll even if it's early. This team has huge potential with the additions of Pack and Omier.
Not only is Pack, Wong, and Omier an elite trio, this is one of the deepest teams we've had in ages. We The bench is young, but we have a plethora of wing players and even a solid stable of big men now.

PG-Pack/Joseph/Robinson
SG-Wong/Beverly/Poplar
SF-Miller/Watson/Danilo
PF-Walker/Casey
C-Omiar/Aire
Only change I'd make is Beverly at PG and Robinson at SG.

This is a deep team, but the bench is largely young and unproven. We have a logjam of unproven bench pieces at PG and SG. Joseph and Wooga had subpar freshmen seasons, Beverly is coming off back to back season ending injuries, and Robinson is an unknown. And then all of the bench pieces at the 3 to 5 spots are true freshmen.

Advertisement
1651699705135.png

PG-Pack/Joseph/Robinson
SG-Wong/Beverly/Poplar
SF-Miller/Watson/Danilo
PF-Walker/Casey
C-Omiar/Aire
I haven't watched much Omiar, but I know he is great from what I heard. He is short for a C though, is that what he played last year and looked good against other bigs at that position?

Will Coach L try to continue to run the 4 out offense? Last season, we had Moore, Sam, Wong and McGusty to run that. And, with terrific results.

This season, I only count two outside marksmen -- Pack (excellent) and Wong (streaky). So, I suspect we may well have to return to the traditional position roles.

Will Coach L try to continue to run the 4 out offense? Last season, we had Moore, Sam, Wong and McGusty to run that. And, with terrific results.

This season, I only count two outside marksmen -- Pack (excellent) and Wong (streaky). So, I suspect we may well have to return to the traditional position roles.
He'll cater to his personnel.

Advertisement

Key point outside marksmanship THREES always in high demand.

Game momentum changers , you rain threes you win in tournament play

GOCANES

I haven't watched much Omiar, but I know he is great from what I heard. He is short for a C though, is that what he played last year and looked good against other bigs at that position?
Why don't you watch his game film and determine that for yourself. There's this great site called YouTube...

Advertisement
Because there are plenty of people on here that know way more about basketball than myself, that have already watched his game film. I would much rather here their informed opinion.
I was curious and did a fair amount of research but didn't find much I felt adequate to report on, so I just sat back hoping to hear others on this good question...

...since its been a day without much input, I will say it appears his best efforts (as a Center) are on defense, rebounds and blocked shots versus opponents big men, which we certainly need badly (who doesn't?) as for offense, it seems he does not have a great reliable outside shot (yet?) and may not in general be a huge scorer, although on a weak team with weak opponents his stats werent bad. But ACC? I doubt he will avg 10 ppg, in ACC...but Im no expert for sure.

I was curious and did a fair amount of research but didn't find much I felt adequate to report on, so I just sat back hoping to hear others on this good question...

...since its been a day without much input, I will say it appears his best efforts (as a Center) are on defense, rebounds and blocked shots versus opponents big men, which we certainly need badly (who doesn't?) as for offense, it seems he does not have a great reliable outside shot (yet?) and may not in general be a huge scorer, although on a weak team with weak opponents his stats werent bad. But ACC? I doubt he will avg 10 ppg, in ACC...but Im no expert for sure.
Appreciate the info. If he can rebound and block big men shots. That will be huge for us since we were really lacking in that department last season. Thank you.

Advertisement
Back