ESPN top 150 players

Advertisement
One goddamned lottery pass against us assured him a spot on this list.
At 28th all time player they are considering him a Top 5 of All-time at QB. I think Watson, Young, Tebow, Luck, Marino are all better College Qbs and they are all ranked far behind him.

Advertisement
Seemed to me like noles had more players in there than us. Strange that the team we beat out of countless titles no claims players as all time great who couldn't beat us in a game. Did Deon ever win a game against us? Don't get me wrong, he was great but Playmaker better be in the top 25. Unless we get about 10 of the top 25 slots, this seems way short on Canes. Plus, either Ted or Ed is Miami GOAT and both are players you had to account for on every offensive or ST play, so how are the ranked so low? Maybe ST will will be in top 5 to balance the scales but Ed needs to be just one slot above him.

At 28th all time player they are considering him a Top 5 of All-time at QB. I think Watson, Young, Tebow, Luck, Marino are all better College Qbs and they are all ranked far behind him.

Matt Leinart was a better college QB. I would argue Gino Torreta and Steve Walsh were better AND smarter QB's than Doug Flutie.

Maybe even Geoff Torretta.

Advertisement
They couldn't put Tom Brady on this list. He was a part time starter at Michigan. He didn't do what he did in the NFL.

Which is why he was availible in the 6th round.

Matt Leinart was a better college QB. I would argue Gino Torreta and Steve Walsh were better AND smarter QB's than Doug Flutie.

Maybe even Geoff Torretta.
Hey, Geoff held the single game passing record for Miami for some time. Yeah, maybe we are a little prejudice but unless Kelly, Bernie and Vinny all end up in the top 25, then so are they. ****, Berlin had more great comebacks than that lucky frigging smuck. ****, what about Rosier -- his win in Tally was at less as good and not the result of just dumb luck. They should have labeled it Best Known Players.

Advertisement
Hey, Geoff held the single game passing record for Miami for some time. Yeah, maybe we are a little prejudice but unless Kelly, Bernie and Vinny all end up in the top 25, then so are they. ****, Berlin had more great comebacks than that lucky frigging smuck. ****, what about Rosier -- his win in Tally was at less as good and not the result of just dumb luck. They should have labeled it Best Known Players.

Heres the think that irks me. Primetime is #26 and Ed Reed is #138. Deion being that far ahead of Ed Reed is an insult.

Not only was Ed a complete player and a cornerstone of one of the toughest college football defenses ever, he also played special teams. Pretty sure Deion didn't do that. Ed, when he wasn't busy intercepting passes, absolutely punished guys going across the middle.

1. Ed Reed
2. Deion
3. Nighttrain
4. Ronnie Lott

(Argue the order how you want)

And had he lived long enough, I think ST26 would've made this list.

#138. That's bull****.

EDIT: Upon further review, Primetime was a well regarded punt returner.

Fine, but that still doesn't explain a #110 gap between Ed and Deion.

Last edited:
Heres the think that irks me. Primetime is #26 and Ed Reed is #138. Deion being that far ahead of Ed Reed is an insult.

Not only was Ed a complete player and a cornerstone of one of the toughest college football defenses ever, he also played special teams. Pretty sure Deion didn't do that. Ed, when he wasn't busy intercepting passes, absolutely punished guys going across the middle.

1. Ed Reed
2. Deion
3. Nighttrain
4. Ronnie Lott

(Argue the order how you want)

And had he lived long enough, I think ST26 would've made this list.

#138. That's bull****.
Deon might have returned punts but he **** sure never blocked one. Ed did. Like you said, Ed did it all and unlike Deon did it when it counted the most. Your list is solid. Miami dominated 30 of the years this list covered and Ed, Ted or maybe ST are Miami GOAT. Maybe Deon is nole GOAT but did he ever beat Miami? It has been a while but didn't Ed beat noles 3 times? Isn' Bobby still waking up in sweats scream "not 26 again!!!!!!!". Grant you Ed Reed is the greatest overachiever ever and Deon might be the opposite but doesn't that mean Ed was ever greater.

Advertisement
ST26 was a monster in college. Two of the best years of safety play ever. That's absurd. Where's Jerome Brown, Irvin, Dan Morgan (college numbers are unmatched), etc etc.

Lemme guess...Tim Teebow is number one :staleface:

That's why I look at these lists and take them with a grain of salt. Even if Tebow isn't 1...to have E. Reed at 138 isn't disrespectful, it's flat out stupid and invalidates everything else lol...

ST26 was a monster in college. Two of the best years of safety play ever. That's absurd. Where's Jerome Brown, Irvin, Dan Morgan (college numbers are unmatched), etc etc.

Russell Maryland has to be on the list if we're talking great college dlinemen too, as well as Cortez Kennedy.

Dan Morgan is arguably the most decorated middle linebacker we had at the U. Even more so than Ray. Sure, Ray went on to be a top 3 MLB, but we're talking college.

What about Mount McKinney? Did he ever give up a sack in 2001? I don't think Ken Dorsey had a worry in the world from his blind side...or any side for that matter.

Advertisement
Back