ESPN Ruling Miami Out and Throwing Shots Yet Again

donnybrah

Redshirt Freshman
Doomsday scenarios for how each Power 5 conference could get left out of the playoff

Article talks about how major conferences could not be represented in the Playoff.

Doomed if: The Coastal Division champ wins the ACC title. Doesn't matter who it is -- Duke, North Carolina, Pitt. Take your pick. Any one of those teams would likely put a dagger in the league's playoff hopes because they'd each have at least one loss, and the only truly impressive win would be in the title game. This scenario is the very reason the CFP didn't want automatic qualifiers in the playoff, because a conference champion isn't always one of the best teams in the country. According to ESPN's Football Power Index, Duke's best wins are against Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech, which are a combined 7-11. UNC lost to South Carolina. And Pitt just dropped out of the AP Top 25 after losing to North Carolina.

Don't think Coastal chaos can happen? Then you haven't been paying attention to the ACC, where Miami just beat Duke with eight laterals in one of the worst-officiated games in the sport's history.

At least the last line isn't terribly biased towards Duke this time :U5PyXda:

Advertisement
Oh and on top of this, no mention of Miami whatsoever in the entire top paragraph.

But it's OK if Alabama wins the national championship without winning the SEC west, without even playing in the SEC championship game, and playing a team in the big game that beat them AT Alabama earlier in the year. Credibility is not ESPN's best trait.

Why should we really be upset about this? Nothing like present day America, we need to be outraged or insulted about something…...

Advertisement
Let's be honest the scenario which gets us the coastal title is very difficult. Duke beats UNC this weekend. Then Pitt beats duke and we win out.

ESPN is nothing more than a political activist group masquerading as a sports information network. They disseminate propaganda, subtlety brainwash the intellectually lazy and do the overall bidding of their masters at ABC who are on the payroll of the SEC, the NCAA and the NFL( specifically the commissioners office).ESPN is a toilet!

Advertisement
I only watch when Miami plays, change during commercials and half time. to put it in perspective how much i DONT watch that garbage, brainwashing, POS channel. every time Miami plays, I have to look up the channel number, i have no interest in anything anyone employed or affiliated with that network has to say.

I sometimes watch games on mute with music in the background so I dont get annoyed by the functional retards they label "play-by-play analysts"

Lets not give two ***** until we win a couple more games. We go unbeaten against the Coastal.

Advertisement
Back