ESPN:Ranking top coaching jobs

lol at Stanford. They've been much more relevant the last decade and still have trouble filling their stadium.

Advertisement
I don't think a winning team is going to fix the attendance issues for games like FAMU, Wake, BC, etc. We could win 5 straight NC's and those games still wouldn't draw fans in South Florida. They are boring as ****.

False

I love people on this board that just disagree for the sake of disagreeing. Miami would very frequently not fill the stadium against crappy teams even during our best seasons. I know, I've been to those games. But it's fine, go ahead and dream of a filled sun life against Bethune Cookman.

lol at Stanford. They've been much more relevant the last decade and still have trouble filling their stadium.

Stanford has had some very good teams lately. Attendance there suffers because most of the students are super nerds with no interest in athletics.

Bottom Line so what!

We know Miami wont be number 1.

It doesn't matter we have our coach in Mark Richt, he WANTED the JOB.

Let just take names,kick *** in 2016 and beyond

Go Canes!

On-campus facilities, including a planned indoor facility, are progressing.

I'm so sick of this ****

Advertisement
I don't think a winning team is going to fix the attendance issues for games like FAMU, Wake, BC, etc. We could win 5 straight NC's and those games still wouldn't draw fans in South Florida. They are boring as ****.

False

I love people on this board that just disagree for the sake of disagreeing. Miami would very frequently not fill the stadium against crappy teams even during our best seasons. I know, I've been to those games. But it's fine, go ahead and dream of a filled sun life against Bethune Cookman.

So true!!!!! They won't show up this year either until FSU.

A key point in the article is that institutional support for the program is trending up. They are kindly saying that Shalala neglected the football program, and even that is being kind to her.

Can you post the better jobs. Please don't tell me middling sec jobs like South Carolina are considered better.

Its a count down to the best jobs in college football. Right now they are at 30-16. But so far this is how they have ranked them.

16. Tenn
17. Michigan State
18. UCLA
19. Penn State
21(Tie). Stanford
21(Tie). Miami
22. Baylor
24(Tie). Wisconsin
24 (tie). Arkansas
25. TCU
26. Ole Miss
27. Washington
28. Virgina Tech
29. Nebraska
30. Oklahoma State

31. South Carolina
32. Louisville
33. Iowa
34. Arizona State
35. UNC
36. MSU
37 (tie). Arizona
37(tie). WVU
39. NC state
40. Missouri
41. Pittsburg
42. Utah
43. GT
44. California
45. TT

46. Maryland
47. Minn
48. Duke
49. Kstate
50. UVA
51. UK
52. Oregon State
53. Colorado
54. Northwestern
55. Illinois

56. Rutgers
57. Boston College
58. Indiana
59. Syracuse
60. Washington State
62 (tie). Vandy
62 (tie). Purdue
63. Wake
64. Iowa State
65. Kansas

lol i wouldn't rate that Tennessee job ahead of the U right now....

So this list uses what set of criteria? Strictly subjective reasoning?

I will never subscribe (pay site) to ESPN to read their drivel.

Advertisement
Richt gets a statue by winning three titles and retiring here.

Now, I will say this.... It can happen. Every single good coach we've hired has won here, then left. For once in my lifetime I want to see a coach win, and stay. Imagine if Howard had not left. Imagine if Jimmy had stayed. Think of the teams Butch Davis would have put together. Finally we have a real coach that wants to win, and stay here. It's been too darn long.

Top 15 P5 positions:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Texas
4. USC
5. FSU
6. UF
7. LSU
8. OU
9. Georgia
10. Clemson
11. Notre Dame