ESPN Power Ratings have Canes #25

Florido

Freshman

I don't agree with some of these rankings ahead of the Canes. Like GT and Appy State ahead of us. But at least they have the Canes in top 25.

Advertisement
I'll take it. We don't need them gushing over us when we haven't done anything. Good for GT they beat - for better or worse - a bigger named team than we did on week one at their place.

We fix our 2ndary issues and connect on those missed passing opportunities this week vs Louisville and we'll be a more complete team.

Those mofos had FSU at #12 last week preseason :hammering-head:... f#$&@ them
walter GIF
ESPN i have news for yall

Advertisement
Advertisement
They should honestly use this year as a test trial for no top 25 rankings until week 4 or 5. The rankings are as meaningless as they've ever been anyways and they'll only start to matter towards the second half of the season. I've never been a fan of preseason rankings and think they should start week 4

CBS has us at 16

16. Miami (NR): After a couple years of offensive struggles, the Miami offense might have found its calling with Rhett Lashlee and an up-tempo, run-heavy attack led by D'Eriq King. The Hurricanes totaled 337 rushing yards on 52 carries against a solid UAB defensive front, but the offensive line has to play better, especially in pass protection, if it's going to replicate that success against the likes of Clemson, Florida State and Pitt -- all opponents Miami will face in the first six weeks of the season

Lol 25th in a top25 short 2 conferences.
Yeah doesn't mean much but we don't deserve to be ranked either. These kids need to see it and earn it one game at a time. With no spring or much of a preseason they need to hunker down and work hard with the new offense as there is plenty room to improve.

This is such a strange year, and I may be in the minority, a lot of wins would be great but I am more concerned with how we improve each week and that there is no quit in them. Build something and the wins will come its a culture.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back