ESPN on situation

Advertisement
The Miami Hurricanes can look across the country to USC to understand how to keep playing at a high level after NCAA sanctions.

The problem with the sentence under the picture is that we have not been playing at a high level before any sanctions.

The Miami Hurricanes can look across the country to USC to understand how to keep playing at a high level after NCAA sanctions.

The problem with the sentence under the picture is that we have not been playing at a high level before any sanctions.
USC hasn't felt the effect of their sanctions yet. Wait two years and revisit that observation.

Advertisement
I get the situation at USC down the road. What I said has nothing to do with it. I am taking the sentence under the picture at face value. It pre-supposes that we have been playing at a high level ("how to keep playing at a high level"), suggesting there is something to maintain when in fact we have not been playing at a high level for quite some time.

What do you mean USC has not felt the effect of the sanctions? That's just wrong. When the sactions were announced several freshmen and sophomores left the program, including signees like Seantrel Henderson. They have also had to deal with smaller recruiting classes and Bowls/Poll bans. This whole "they have not felt it yet" is simply wrong.

Restate your comment and say "the sactions that were specific to scholarship reductions will be felt more deeply during the next 1-3 years.".

What do you mean USC has not felt the effect of the sanctions? That's just wrong. When the sactions were announced several freshmen and sophomores left the program, including signees like Seantrel Henderson. They have also had to deal with smaller recruiting classes and Bowls/Poll bans. This whole "they have not felt it yet" is simply wrong.

Restate your comment and say "the sactions that were specific to scholarship reductions will be felt more deeply during the next 1-3 years.".

I think it is fair to say that the real meat of the sanctions is in the scholarship reductions, which USC has not felt any effects of yet. The bowl ban is a fairly impotent sanction, in the big scheme, as can be evidenced by our recruiting.

So yes, USC really has not felt the effect of the sanctions.

Advertisement

lol ok - I think you got his point. The SCHOLARSHIP effects (which are more severe than some freshmen leaving) haven't kicked in yet and when they do things will be rough on USC. Much less with Barkley gone.

Advertisement
Back