ESPN might be cut

If losing ESPN means my Comcast bill drops by $10 a month, see ya ESPN.
I got the trial for YouTube TV (21 days free). If Comcast doesn't get on board, I'm cutting the cord. We pay $10 for the Comcast sports package plus another $8 regional programming fee plus an HD fee. YouTube TV is $45. If I cut Comcast down to just internet, and keep YouTube TV, I'll save about $40/month. You'd think Comcast would be smarter than they are. Once I cut the cord, I'm never going back.

Advertisement
the fact that they continue to hire the racist, bigot stephan smith and rehired the anti American, bigot and racist Keith Olberman, I barely watch it and I don't pay for it. I don't care if you are liberal or conservative, gun advocate or anti gun, baby killer or pro life....just don't preach it when I am watching my GOD **** CANES!!!!!
Now YOU of all people on this board know damnnnnn well you in fact do care. Lol
You ain’t gotta lie fella. Lol
#ballbusting

ESPN has been an incredibly successful company, and it's been pretty good to its customers. It's been the dominant player in the industry (which it invented), yet it continued to innovate and improve its product. I don't love everything on ESPN, of course, but that would be a ridiculous standard to hold it to.
Improved the product? Are you freaking serious? Like others have said, I would watch ESPN hours a day, but now? If I have to watch the Canes on ESPN, I will. Other than that, I never watch them. Ever.

Advertisement
ESPN lost it with the invention of social media because now I don’t have to turn on the tv for dumb , pointless “debate”. I just go on twitter

Advertisement
Every time I see folks complain about stuff said on tv, I say the same thing. Lol either turn it off or change the channel. Boom problem solved
People are doing just that, hence why they’re beggin for people to call and make them more important so providers pay. With the advent of the ACC network and other conference networks, there is even less reason for ESPN to exist.

I literally watched espn all day every day growing up. I lived for sportscenter. Once they went political i was done. It is impossible to watch now.
See it wasn’t the politics anymore as much as there comes a day where knowing everything and anything about sports is no longer that high on the priority list unless it’s your job.

Cut direct tv for Hulu 2 months ago. Tried sling too. Both are better than direct tv for the price . 50 bucks and I get all the colllege football games. The DVR is the only thing that sucks for Hulu .

Advertisement
Cut direct tv for Hulu 2 months ago. Tried sling too. Both are better than direct tv for the price . 50 bucks and I get all the colllege football games. The DVR is the only thing that sucks for Hulu .
Try YouTube tv. Unlimited DVR and plenty of sports channels for $50. ACC network also.

Advertisement
Improved the product? Are you freaking serious? Like others have said, I would watch ESPN hours a day, but now? If I have to watch the Canes on ESPN, I will. Other than that, I never watch them. Ever.

The amount of live and recorded sports on ESPN is incredible. I do not live in Florida, yet I am able to watch every single Canes football, basketball, and (as of last year) baseball game thanks to ESPN. ****, I can even choose a homer broadcast for some of the big games.

More of a nitch sports fan? Great, ESPN has you covered.
-Want to watch USA-France basketball tomorrow at 7 AM? You can.
-Want to watch tonight's USL soccer match? You can.
-Want to watch a replay of the UMass-Harvard women's soccer match? You can.
-Want to watch this weekend's WBO junior featherweight title match? You can.

Plus, ESPN has always aggressively expanded to new media. Be it with their site 20 years ago, their app a decade ago, or streaming in recent years, ESPN has always been on the cutting edge of whatever the latest distribution channel is - which isn't essential for their survival, given their exclusive control over the one type of content that people still want to watch live.

The ESPN product has improved 100x.

(Oh, and ESPN could care less that you no longer consumer Sportscenter reruns ad nauseam. You've probably just aged out of that, and have been replaced by the next generation of fans, which has different tastes than you do and prefers to watch people yell at each other, for some reason.)

People are doing just that, hence why they’re beggin for people to call and make them more important so providers pay. With the advent of the ACC network and other conference networks, there is even less reason for ESPN to exist.

LOL.

And just who exactly do you think owns ACC Network? SEC Network? Longhorn Network? etc...

I wish ESPN controlled it all with ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox. Take me back to the old days.

Now I have to buy some dumbass sports package $13.99, got it for $8.99 for 12 mo though. That's $13.99 for one channel I want, the ACCN so so could watch this last game. All of those others are in the most basic package.

The future of television is ****ed. The networks aren't getting rich, but the supernetworks. What do you think is making more money now? ESPN or the carriers that have them? Just wait until **** is streaming everything. Costs will go through the roof while cost of streaming it to you makes the big providers more money by huge margins. It's why AT&T is trying to kill off DTV. Far cheaper to stream.

Advertisement
Back