ESPN might be cut

If you’ve seen espn today it’s all over their programming. Stating call this number so all the different espn platforms don’t get cut from your subscription!!! Greedy ********. Why can’t they just come to terms!!!

8772B1F0-D033-49F8-A4E3-CAE9A9A388ED.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
ESPN has been an incredibly successful company, and it's been pretty good to its customers. It's been the dominant player in the industry (which it invented), yet it continued to innovate and improve its product. I don't love everything on ESPN, of course, but that would be a ridiculous standard to hold it to.

Advertisement
If I could subscribe to a Canes only package that bypassed ESPN, I would happily do so. To pay what ESPN wants for hours and hours of dumbasses talking about is sports is as stupid to me as those kids watching YouTube videos of other people playing video games. Just show obscure sports like cornhole tournaments, darts, and bowling. Its a **** sight more interesting than two people spewing their opinions.

Advertisement
All of you, except for 1, have far too much emotion invested in a company for which none of you work (or presumably any family members). And yet all of you watch ESPN when you find it beneficial. Maybe you will argue that you don't have a choice, which is arguably true, but that speaks to the success of ESPN, much like Apple, Google and Amazon. Do I have gripes with all of the named companies, sure. But I still recognize the value of the device or product those companies have provided me for years.
And as for the politics, who really cares if it doesn't impact your life. Being angry about something so meaningless in your life is pointless and counter productive for happiness.

I literally watched espn all day every day growing up. I lived for sportscenter. Once they went political i was done. It is impossible to watch now.

the fact that they continue to hire the racist, bigot stephan smith and rehired the anti American, bigot and racist Keith Olberman, I barely watch it and I don't pay for it. I don't care if you are liberal or conservative, gun advocate or anti gun, baby killer or pro life....just don't preach it when I am watching my GOD **** CANES!!!!!

All of you, except for 1, have far too much emotion invested in a company for which none of you work (or presumably any family members). And yet all of you watch ESPN when you find it beneficial. Maybe you will argue that you don't have a choice, which is arguably true, but that speaks to the success of ESPN, much like Apple, Google and Amazon. Do I have gripes with all of the named companies, sure. But I still recognize the value of the device or product those companies have provided me for years.
And as for the politics, who really cares if it doesn't impact your life. Being angry about something so meaningless in your life is pointless and counter productive for happiness.
it does impact our lives. its using the platform to shove things down our throats. stick to sports.

Advertisement

The fact that you took the time to type that, as if you were making some cerebral point of merit, makes me think you are probably a funny looking little man.

Using sports/athletes to push a certain political agenda is right out of 1984. It affects literally everyone and is terrible. We just want to watch football.

the fact that they continue to hire the racist, bigot stephan smith and rehired the anti American, bigot and racist Keith Olberman, I barely watch it and I don't pay for it. I don't care if you are liberal or conservative, gun advocate or anti gun, baby killer or pro life....just don't preach it when I am watching my GOD **** CANES!!!!!

Preach. I dont want to hear politics during sports shows. Sports are my escape. I dont care if its liberal, conservative, progressive, moderate. I dont want to hear it.

Advertisement
Back