ESPN Insider TOP Recruiter articles

Big Sky Cane

6th Year Senior
ESPN ranks the top recruiters in the nation and the ACC.

Top 10 in the nation: http://insider.espn.go.com/college-.../class-2014-football-recruiter-power-rankings

1. Travaris Robinson- Florida

2. Jeremy Pruitt- Florida State

3. Tommy Thigpen- Tennessee

4. Billy Napier- Alabama

5. Kendal Briles- Baylor

6. Bryan McClendon- Georgia

7. Dameyune Craig- Auburn

8. Chip West- Virginia

9. Mike Vrabel- Ohio St.

10. Mike Sanford Jr.- Stanford

Top in ACC: http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/tag/_/name/101513-best-recruiters

1. Jeremy Pruitt- FSU

2. Chip West- Virginia

3. Michael Barrow- UM

4. James Coley- UM

5. Mike Locksley- Maryland

6. Tim Brewster- FSU

7. Shane Beamer- VT

8. Jeff Scott- Clemson

9. Chad Morris- Clemson

10. Bobby Engram- Pitt

Advertisement
If ESPN knew their stuff, they would know Paul Williams is twice as good as Tim Brewster.

The kids really seem to like Larry Scott. Carroll is good as well.

We have a pretty beastly recruiting staff with Coley, Barrow, Williams, Scott, and Carroll. And can't forget Golden as the closer.

This guy ****es me off.

1. Travaris Robinson

School: Florida
ESPN 300 recruits: 7
Top recruit: ESPN 300 No. 23 Dalvin Cook
Top remaining target: ESPN 300 No. 42 Johnnie Dixon
The Gators' defensive backs coach is responsible for seven commitments in the 2014 class, and is a major reason why Florida has the nation's No. 8 class. Recruiting in ultra-competitive South Florida, Robinson has landed blue-chip prospects like No. 4 running back Dalvin Cook (Miami/Miami Central), No. 2 receiver Ermon Lane (Homestead, Fla./Homestead), No. 8 athlete J.C. Jackson (Immokalee, Fla./Immokalee), No. 10 athlete Chris Lammons (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./Plantation) and No. 11 defensive tackle Khairi Clark (Hollywood, Fla./Chaminade-Madonna). Robinson's efforts to land highly ranked players are impressive, but what's more remarkable is he's helping bring in talent at key positions like running back, receiver, defensive tackle and cornerback. Watching Florida on offense this season, it's clear more explosive players are needed, and that's what Robinson's recruits bring to the table.

James Coley was FSU's best recruiter last year. I wonder why he isnt even the best in the ACC this year? When he came aboard it was almost immediately that Yearby flipped to us. Oh Well, if we keep this class intact and add some big names, I think we will be attracting alot more attention.

Advertisement
Granted Chip West is the Recriting Coordinator for UVA but a lot of kids, especially local kids, are going to UVA because of Mike London.

If you factor in the fact that Barrow and Coley have been recruiting under a cloud (NCAA) you would have to put them higher.

Ah, this stuff is bull****, internet blabber on a rainy day. A lot of it comes down to perception and who is cozy or friendly with the recruiting service and recruiting types. Impossible to quantify. Let's put your Gator recruiter at Temple and see if he still tops the list. Or a no-name at K-State might really be a star because he has less to sell and can better identify kids who fit the program's scheme.

Advertisement
couldn't possibly give less ***** about what BS lists these guys come up with. I love pretty much our whole staff and we have returned to being a very good program that recruits at a nationally elite level. That is enough for me.

How did Randy Shannons number 1 ranked class pan out?

Who gives a **** about this man. I look at the highlights of our kids and they all look very good. Plus at least the vast majority are certified good kids.

Advertisement
James Coley was FSU's best recruiter last year. I wonder why he isnt even the best in the ACC this year? When he came aboard it was almost immediately that Yearby flipped to us. Oh Well, if we keep this class intact and add some big names, I think we will be attracting alot more attention.

Lulz...if ESPN says it, it has to be true.

Who gives a **** about this man. I look at the highlights of our kids and they all look very good. Plus at least the vast majority are certified good kids.

You point out 1 coaches "number 1" ranked class. Big deal. It's takes MORE than just 1 great class. Staffs have to constantly recruit at a high level. Nick Saban, Jimbo Fisher, DABO Swinney, Urban Meyer, Brian Kelly, Butch Davis at UNC was buiding something, Les Miles, Mark Richt...... All recruit at a very high level consistently. Just because 1 coach failed with ONE highly ranked class doesn't mean ****. Ask Saban, Golden, Jumbo, etc..... Recruiting is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the whole process. If coaches bring in ******, unathletic, non talented kids compared to their competition goodbye job.

Advertisement

You point out 1 coaches "number 1" ranked class. Big deal. It's takes MORE than just 1 great class. Staffs have to constantly recruit at a high level. Nick Saban, Jimbo Fisher, DABO Swinney, Urban Meyer, Brian Kelly, Butch Davis at UNC was buiding something, Les Miles, Mark Richt...... All recruit at a very high level consistently. Just because 1 coach failed with ONE highly ranked class doesn't mean ****. Ask Saban, Golden, Jumbo, etc..... Recruiting is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the whole process. If coaches bring in ****ty, unathletic, non talented kids compared to their competition goodbye job.

It wasn't a great class. Thats the whole point. Sean Spence, Benjamen, Streeter, and Washington are about the only good players that were in that class. You can call somebody a great recruiter, but what does have to do with their scouting evals? Or just understanding fits. He had another top 10 class in 2009 and 2010 was top 12-15 depending on the sites, so he was recruiting plenty of talent. It's just that recruiting ranking are bs and lists about recruiters in October, based on rankings, is bull**** and hilarious.

247 does one of those **** list. I think they do that **** by the recruits they landed so far. That's why robinson is at the top he is uf sfla recruiter and laned cook,lane,clark and the rest of them that want to play for that ****. I think coley has only got yearby and kaaya. Kehoe should be named he got kc,gibbons,darling, and linder.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back