ESPN High School Football Opening Week Showcase St Of FlA

Saturday, August 29
Spartanburg (S.C.) vs. Wakulla (Fla.)
1 p.m. on ESPNU from JD Jones Stadium at Reynolds Memorial Field, Wakulla High School in Crawfordville, Fla

Had to post this one first since thats the high school i went too. we never had this amount of exposure. we will probably get beat due to face the #1 RB in the nation but its great to see.

Friday, August 28

Booker T. Washington (Fla.) vs. St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.)
8 p.m. on ESPN from Brian Piccolo Stadium, St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Matchup of 2014 state champions.
Booker T. Washington finished 15-0 last season and No. 2, and enters the game on a 41-game winning streak
Thomas Aquinas went 14-1 in ’14, finishing No. 25.
Defensive end Nick Bosa and WR Sam Bruce return for St. Thomas. Bosa and Bruce are ranked No. 3 and No. 75, respectively, and Bruce has committed to University of Miami.

Saturday, August 29

Miami Central (Fla.) vs. DeMatha (Md.)
Noon on ESPN from Prince George’s Sports & Learning Complex in Landover, Md.

Miami Central won the state title and then the inaugural State Champion Bowl Series, finishing 14-1 and No. 5.
Miami Central has three ranked players: WR Darnell Salomon (No. 63), S Jamel Cook (No. 161), and DE Keir Thomas (No. 222). Cook and Thomas have committed to Florida State.
DeMatha went 9-3 last season, and returns two ranked players: DE Shane Simmons (No. 16), a Penn State commit, and OG Terrance Davis (No. 137).

Sunday, August 30

Miramar (Fla.) vs. IMG Academy (Fla.)
2 p.m. on ESPNU from IMG Academy Field, IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

Miramar finished 8-4 last season.
Finishing last season 10-1, IMG Academy returns a high-powered roster with seven ranked players: DE Shavar Manuel (No. 13), OLB Rahshaun Smith (No. 24), TE Isaac Nauta (No. 28), CB Saivion Smith (No. 42), OG Tyler Gerald (No. 97), CB Khalil Ladler (No. 187), and WR Tavares Chase (No. 245).

I will be glued to the TV that weekend.

Advertisement
i'll do my best to get copies of STA v Booker T and IMG v Miramar. and cut some highlights from our targets/commits. really keen to see those games.

Saturday, August 29
1 p.m. on ESPNU from JD Jones Stadium at Reynolds Memorial Field, Wakulla High School in Crawfordville, Fla

Had to post this one first since thats the high school i went too. we never had this amount of exposure. we will probably get beat due to face the #1 RB in the nation but its great to see.

Friday, August 28

8 p.m. on ESPN from Brian Piccolo Stadium, St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Booker T. Washington finished 15-0 last season and No. 2, and enters the game on a 41-game winning streak
Defensive end Nick Bosa and WR Sam Bruce return for St. Thomas. Bosa and Bruce are ranked No. 3 and No. 75, respectively, and Bruce has committed to University of Miami.

Saturday, August 29

Miami Central won the state title and then the inaugural State Champion Bowl Series, finishing 14-1 and No. 5.
Miami Central has three ranked players: WR Darnell Salomon (No. 63), S Jamel Cook (No. 161), and DE Keir Thomas (No. 222). Cook and Thomas have committed to Florida State.
DeMatha went 9-3 last season, and returns two ranked players: DE Shane Simmons (No. 16), a Penn State commit, and OG Terrance Davis (No. 137).

Sunday, August 30

Finishing last season 10-1, IMG Academy returns a high-powered roster with seven ranked players: DE Shavar Manuel (No. 13), OLB Rahshaun Smith (No. 24), TE Isaac Nauta (No. 28), CB Saivion Smith (No. 42), OG Tyler Gerald (No. 97), CB Khalil Ladler (No. 187), and WR Tavares Chase (No. 245).

You don't think yall have a chance with your QB Felipe franks.... Spartanburg recruits all over sc think they used to be called byrnes.... i always like our chances ( florida high schools) against out if state schools except GA & LA they match up with us perfectly especially the boot.....

But i think yall could win 850 especially if Felipe gets in rhythm quick.

Saturday, August 29

Friday, August 28

Saturday, August 29

Sunday, August 30

You don't think yall have a chance with your QB Felipe franks.... Spartanburg recruits all over sc think they used to be called byrnes.... i always like our chances ( florida high schools) against out if state schools except GA & LA they match up with us perfectly especially the boot.....

because of where we are located we only have slim pickings of players. our Lineman are always undersized but quick, we just started doing a pro system since Felipe has been there we use to run the wing T. we may still run variants of it. in our history when we play a team that has a dominate player or players, we dont fare well because we just dont have the talent and depth. Felipe is great, Keith Gavin is great but its not going to be enough. Spartanburg is the defending State champs of SC that def says that they are really good. we didnt even make the playoffs. i dont Spartanburg that well but Feaster should have about 200 yds rushing because of our size. it might get ugly. ill be pulling hard for my boys though.

Saturday, August 29

Friday, August 28

Saturday, August 29

Sunday, August 30

Byrnes is from DUNCAN, SC. They're two different schools, from different cities.

Advertisement
Saturday, August 29

Friday, August 28

Saturday, August 29

Sunday, August 30

because of where we are located we only have slim pickings of players. our Lineman are always undersized but quick, we just started doing a pro system since Felipe has been there we use to run the wing T. we may still run variants of it. in our history when we play a team that has a dominate player or players, we dont fare well because we just dont have the talent and depth. Felipe is great, Keith Gavin is great but its not going to be enough. Spartanburg is the defending State champs of SC that def says that they are really good. we didnt even make the playoffs. i dont Spartanburg that well but Feaster should have about 200 yds rushing because of our size. it might get ugly. ill be pulling hard for my boys though.

Yall up there with blountstown Milton and marianana? What district are you all in? I thought Wakulla Crawford made the playoffs every year it sure did seem like it lol

Saturday, August 29

Friday, August 28

Saturday, August 29

Sunday, August 30

Byrnes is from DUNCAN, SC. They're two different schools, from different cities.

In ny homer voice Doh!

Saturday, August 29

Friday, August 28

Saturday, August 29

Sunday, August 30

Yall up there with blountstown Milton and marianana? What district are you all in? I thought Wakulla Crawford made the playoffs every year it sure did seem like it lol

We typically play teams from Tallahassee and other rural areas for whatever reason we never play any of the teams above. our main rivals are Madison county and Godby High. were Class 5A we have Rickards and Godby High in our District. we play Jefferson County and Taylor county and alot of rural area schools heading towards I 10 East to Jacksonville. we never played Out of state schools but with Felipe being the highest rated QB to ever come out the school. when i played we were in the same district as some Panama City schools mixed with tallahassee schools but that has changed.

Advertisement
Saturday, August 29

The Gavin kid (WR committed to FSU is one of the best in the country). He is a freak of an athlete. If Franks can get him the ball, enough I expect Wakulla to be in this game.

Does Booker T Have a chance after all the transfers to St Thomas? If Mark Walton stayed in school, i don't think many kids would have left Booker T

Saturday, August 29

The Gavin kid (WR committed to FSU is one of the best in the country). He is a freak of an athlete. If Franks can get him the ball, enough I expect Wakulla to be in this game.

Yea he's a freak athlete, I remember watching him play against my brother in these little local aau tournaments, and he was dunking at 13. From what I've heard is that he just can't stay healthy.

Advertisement
Back