ESPN CFB Power Rankings...What the...???

SoCalPete73

Freshman
Top 25 loaded with familiar names

I get Alabama being #1 , although I would argue they're #1 by default b/c there is no clear #1 this year.

But what about this comment re: Ohio State, "Ohio State also has the nation's deepest defensive line."

Then, our Canes check in at #1 6:

16. Miami Hurricanes: The first step toward regaining national relevancy is winning the ACC Coastal Division, which has inexplicably eluded Miami until now. The Hurricanes have the division's most exciting roster, featuring sophomores such as Shaquille Quarterman, Ahmmon Richards, Michael Pinckney and Joe Jackson. Quarterback is the big question mark, but freshman N'Kosi Perry might be the answer. We'll learn a lot about Miami during a tricky early stretch (at Arkansas State, at Florida State, Toledo).

How is Ark. St.-FSU-Toledo tricky?

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but I'm so excited for this season. I think we take MAJOR steps forward. I think the Coastal is ours & I even think we could win the whole ACC.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
"How is Ark. St.-FSU-Toledo tricky?"

Ark St is first road game and is week before FSU. They're considering it a trap.

FSU is FSU

Toledo is a hangover game whether we win or lose the week before.

Advertisement
Other teams recruit well too so OSU having a deep DL is true......FSU game will be the measuring stick on how good we really are.....we will know early

Ark St is first road game and is week before FSU. They're considering it a trap.

FSU is FSU

By this logic, every game against FSU is sandwiched in a "tricky" trio. Even that ole dog BYE could be a trap or hangover in my opinion.

I'm not saying Arky and Toledo are tricky, but they're doing the same thing with Arkansas State that people did with App State last year. Get used to it. Even though we killed App State, we're going to hear it up until game time. This is a game Miami can lose, this a game, blah, blah, blah. They'll say Arkansas State has a good coach, won a bowl last year, was 7-1 in their conference, it's a road game, blah, blah, blah. It's the week before FSU, we'll be looking ahead. Then, Toldeo was 9-4, lost to the App State team we killed in a bowl, has a very good QB, it will be a letdown after FSU (win or lose), blah, blah, blah.

Note: I don't agree with any of that, it's just what people will say to justify it

I'm not saying Arky and Toledo are tricky, but they're doing the same thing with Arkansas State that people did with App State last year. Get used to it. Even though we killed App State, we're going to hear it up until game time. This is a game Miami can lose, this a game, blah, blah, blah. They'll say Arkansas State has a good coach, won a bowl last year, was 7-1 in their conference, it's a road game, blah, blah, blah. It's the week before FSU, we'll be looking ahead. Then, Toldeo was 9-4, lost to the App State team we killed in a bowl, has a very good QB, it will be a letdown after FSU (win or lose), blah, blah, blah.

Note: I don't agree with any of that, it's just what people will say to justify it

Arkansas St plays Nebraska week 1. If they win or play close, people will be thinking they could upset us. No different than the App St situation last year after they played Tennessee.

We're far, far better and more talented than Nebraska this year, and Ark St will find that out the hard way

Advertisement

Arkansas St plays Nebraska week 1. If they win or play close, people will be thinking they could upset us. No different than the App St situation last year after they played Tennessee.

We're far, far better and more talented than Nebraska this year, and Ark St will find that out the hard way

You're right. If they do either of those things, it'll be the same all over again.

Week 3 can't come soon enough. I won't a L, but I really do want to blow FSU up just so comments like this from ESPN will go away.

FSU is FSU

By this logic, every game against FSU is sandwiched in a "tricky" trio. Even that ole dog BYE could be a trap or hangover in my opinion.

That's the truth. And the last three years you can add two more games after those three.

FSU is FSU

It's hard to sell people on watching a game that only has one possible outcome.

Advertisement
We ain't did sh*t in a decade so it's hard for anyone to give us any respect.weve been highly thought of before in the last 10 years only to fall flat on our faces.

Gotta earn respect to get respect.THIS YEAR WE START EARNING RESPECT!!!!!!!

Top 25 loaded with familiar names

I get Alabama being #1 , although I would argue they're #1 by default b/c there is no clear #1 this year.

But what about this comment re: Ohio State, "Ohio State also has the nation's deepest defensive line."

Then, our Canes check in at #1 6:

16. Miami Hurricanes: The first step toward regaining national relevancy is winning the ACC Coastal Division, which has inexplicably eluded Miami until now. The Hurricanes have the division's most exciting roster, featuring sophomores such as Shaquille Quarterman, Ahmmon Richards, Michael Pinckney and Joe Jackson. Quarterback is the big question mark, but freshman N'Kosi Perry might be the answer. We'll learn a lot about Miami during a tricky early stretch (at Arkansas State, at Florida State, Toledo).

How is Ark. St.-FSU-Toledo tricky?

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but I'm so excited for this season. I think we take MAJOR steps forward. I think the Coastal is ours & I even think we could win the whole ACC.

Go Canes!

My guess is we look ahead to FSU against Ark St. and since it is an away game they could sneak up on us. Then past history suggests a let down after FSU (we are underdogs that game).

Don't think that will happen with this team and our coaches. I think there is an intensity and expectation this year that has been missing in recent years.

FSU is FSU

All due respect to those teams, but the defense will show up every week. If we get push on the o-line and can run the ball it's gonna be hard to beat us.

Advertisement

FSU is FSU

If you look past Brigham Young Episcopal, you pay for it later.

Other teams recruit well too so OSU having a deep DL is true......FSU game will be the measuring stick on how good we really are.....we will know early

Agreed, however with no real experience at QB I believe the team we will be the first time we play FSU opposed to where we'll be when we hopefully get them again in the ACC championship game will be around a14 point improvement.
They learn to believe they can be National champs this year & ride it into a legit run at it next year.

FSU is FSU

Toledo also has a legit NFL QB prospect throwing the ball for them

Agreed, however with no real experience at QB I believe the team we will be the first time we play FSU opposed to where we'll be when we hopefully get them again in the ACC championship game will be around a14 point improvement.
They learn to believe they can be National champs this year & ride it into a legit run at it next year.

Both teams will be different as the season progresses especially us

Advertisement
Back