ESPN bowl predictions (UGA or Ohio St in Orange Bowl)

407cane

All-ACC
if Georgia misses the playoff, they'll give us Georgia just for the story line of richt vs his hold team

and Miami will win...I hope

htownkidd

Freshman
Long ways away and we are getting ahead of ourselves obviously but ...

I’m sure I’m in the minority when I say I would rather play Ohio State. I really don’t want to see Georgia rush for 300+ on us and watch McCloud attempt to tackle Chubb and Michel over and over again and fail. Plus, any chance to beat Meyer is good to me. JT Barrett is awful, would be a better matchup for us IMO.

407cane

All-ACC

I’m sure I’m in the minority when I say I would rather play Ohio State. I really don’t want to see Georgia rush for 300+ on us and watch McCloud attempt to tackle Chubb and Michel over and over again and fail. Plus, any chance to beat Meyer is good to me. JT Barrett is awful, would be a better matchup for us IMO.
definitely in the minority,

hate urban but he may go down as second best coach ever. much rather play first year Kirby smart than him

Jaromir Jagr

Senior
Banned

hate urban but he may go down as second best coach ever. much rather play first year Kirby smart than him
First year?

htownkidd

Freshman

First year?
Lol, I was going to let it slide.
Urban Meyer will go down as one of the best no doubt, but he is a long way from coaching UF in their dynasty years and has got his ass handed to him several times since then. 1st year Lincoln Riley gave it to him this year in his house. Their secondary is absolute dogshit and their QB is the worst Ohio State QB I’ve seen in a while. Georgia’s QB, whether it is Fromm or Eason won’t have them slinging it all over the field because that isn’t what they do. But we couldn’t stop Duke from running the ball, we damn sure ain’t stopping them. They are pretty damn good on the other side of the ball as well. Just my 2 cents, carry on.

Last edited:

ChosenOne

Band
Banned
Give me Ohio State. Suspect OL plays into our advantage they made Oklahoma D-line look elite and they don't attack downfield much. Not to mention JT Barrett can be inconsistent and doesn't really have the arm to push the ball down field like UGA does. Also UGA defense is somthing serious.

hughhoney

Joaquin said dominate
if Georgia misses the playoff, they'll give us Georgia just for the story line of richt vs his hold team

and Miami will win...I hope
Nothing will be "given". It'll be the higher ranking of the two teams, it's in the selection rules.

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
How in the hell is UiF still projected to play January 1?
Thats South Florida not UiF. But I don't see why The Peach Bowl committee would take USF over Miami under any circumstances if both rolled into bowl season with similar records especially at the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Ga.

hughhoney

Joaquin said dominate
Thats South Florida not UiF. But I don't see why The Peach Bowl committee would take USF over Miami under any circumstances if both rolled into bowl season with similar records especially at the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Ga.

Orange bowl is the best bowl game ACC plays.
Yeah that's automatic bid for the top ACC team not in the playoff, not an at-large bid.

tjl1388

Aint' scared of you
uGA would be a VERY hard out. Stout defense and a legit running game.

hughhoney

Joaquin said dominate
uGA would be a VERY hard out. Stout defense and a legit running game.
Best hope is getting Penn State rather than UGa or OSU. Could happen with OSU beating Penn State and Georgia losing to Auburn and then Alabama in the SECCG.

KrazyCane

SAVAGE

Orange bowl is the best bowl game ACC plays.
True, I was thinking about in 2005 when we played in the Peach bowl against LSU. Forgot that was because we didn't win the Coastal.

section9

Junior
Give me Urban Liar!

Anything to avenge that effing Penalty Flag.

The only downside will be all the interviews Billy Corbin will be doing with Columbus affiliates about “The Rematch”.

Literally shut the Program down if we lost to Taint in our Home Field.

hughhoney

Joaquin said dominate

CaneZ4eveR

Redshirt Freshman
No they have UF playing in the Gator Bowl January 1

[]_[]nique

Redshirt Freshman
No they have UF playing in the Gator Bowl January 1
Their offense was sooooo much worse that year. That's the year Pryor was suspended(handled us easily the previous year), and their starting QB had no business on the field. Barrett comes no where near handcuffing the offense the way that QB did. As long as Richt calls a complete game offensively (I'm hopeful of his steady progression as well as the players), I like our chances against anybody by the end of the year.