ESPN Article on NFL Factories

Advertisement
So in other words all these players players Saban and Meyer put in the league flame out in one to two years is what i took from that article besides the obvious.

Not necessarily. His last draft class at osu was more talented than anything he put out at uf imo

This should be shown to every recruit. What's more amazing is that we are still at or near the top after a down decade. We are NFL U and there's no better school to attend if you want to get to the next level.

Per my post above, the score on the outperformance scale was aided by the down period. If you have lower round draft picks that succeed and last you outperform. The down years, as many have argued, were due to underperformance and poor coaching and development. This resulted in later round drafting. NFL teams got potential jewels that they coached up.

The DB factory is what ****es me off the most, the legacy that was built there and how players over the years have loved legends like Ed Reed and Sean Taylor we should of been STACKED at that position also when you take account of our location, how sad we had Wake Forest rejects come and less than a week of practice earn starting positions at MIAMI?!

Just like TE is able to reel in top prospects when properly marketed and recruited (just read the recruits interviews or their social media, they regurgitate the pitch they received). Our DB unit should be the same. I cant stand UF being able to build a namebrand type DB unit while we struggled in last few years to have a lockdown core. Thankfully that seems to be coming to end in coming years but should have NEVER happened

Advertisement
The DB factory is what ****es me off the most, the legacy that was built there and how players over the years have loved legends like Ed Reed and Sean Taylor we should of been STACKED at that position also when you take account of our location, how sad we had Wake Forest rejects come and less than a week of practice earn starting positions at MIAMI?!

Just like TE is able to reel in top prospects when properly marketed and recruited (just read the recruits interviews or their social media, they regurgitate the pitch they received). Our DB unit should be the same. I cant stand UF being able to build a namebrand type DB unit while we struggled in last few years to have a lockdown core. Thankfully that seems to be coming to end in coming years but should have NEVER happened

Watch out now... We have a transfer from the Citadel about to take a starting job. The talent sometimes comes in waves, and this next recruiting class is the deepest, most talented I think I have ever seen. We'll be loaded there very soon.

Watch out now... We have a transfer from the Citadel about to take a starting job. The talent sometimes comes in waves, and this next recruiting class is the deepest, most talented I think I have ever seen. We'll be loaded there very soon.

Isn't this player from the Citadel thought to be a legit NFL prospect?

I like the citadel transfer as we both can benefit, its a business decision where he can upgrade his profile and for us provides a one year stop gap with no downside. We benefited greatly from that arrangement last year with Colbert. Both parties did. As we get real coaches in to help replenish the talent at the once glorious position we needed those types of fill ins while the younger local super talents get some seasoning and mature. DB is a tough position to start right after prom, usually need to get atleast a year under the belt before trusted into an expanded role.

Plate #4.jpg

Advertisement
Overperformers, and longevity

Can someone make sure to provide this article to all recruits still on the fence. If you want a lasting career where you will get paid, the choice is rather obvious

I'm texting the article link to Ty right now....

Great!

Hopefully our staff is sending to every single recruit we are recruiting.

Was thinking the same thing reading this. Great job by those players of getting better in the league, but ****, those coaches wrecked some Ferrari's.

Interesting aspect of overperformance methodology that feeds into the recent narrative on the program. Miami's score in this area is due to the fact that the draftees overperformed compared to the draft round. Hence, the school recruited quality players who ended up not being drafted as high as they should have. Empirical evidence to support everybody's recent complaints.

Can someone make sure to provide this article to all recruits still on the fence. If you want a lasting career where you will get paid, the choice is rather obvious

You just have to send it to either Jordan and Lingard. Both are very active recruiting for #storm18 class.

Advertisement

I agree; all u tweet heads, send this to all the guys u stalk. Our worst years are still better than all these punk schools who say otherwise.

What a trip down memory lane. Just 4 years ago, there were actually a decent amount of posters who fought tooth and nail regarding our total "lack of talent." Here are just a couple of posts from years ago. Shout to [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION] who was right there (under a different name) understanding something was deeply wrong with how our players looked in what they were being asked to do:

UM NFL Players.jpg

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/recruiting/59135

Here's one for pipe dreams, as we saw what Manny Diaz's upfield scheme did in the one year turnaround:

From another poster (CaneSB). I copied and pasted

It is a pipe dream if you think that a change in scheme would do anything for our defense. They are untalented and beaten down. Add in that our offense is missing its 3 most explosive players in Duke, Dorsett and now Coley....you end up losing to DUKE.

I am tired of hearing your scheme BS. Our DL slants and stunts half the game so your 1 gap vs 2 gap argument is garbage. But you KNOW WHAT THE **** YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT....SO CARRY ON.

It's one **** of a straw man argument by CanesSB. I'm not even bothering with him because it doesn't address such a simple question. Plus, there are just blatant lies in there. A guy who says we play 1 gap and slants and stunts HALF THE GAME is either just trolling or exaggerating for effect.

It's basically an enormous excuse formed to avoid the simplest of all questions: people like this are saying we don't have enough talent to slow down Duke. But, teams like Memphis, Troy and others do. Come on, man.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/talent-teams/59192#post1681544

What a trip down memory lane. Just 4 years ago, there were actually a decent amount of posters who fought tooth and nail regarding our total "lack of talent." Here are just a couple of posts from years ago. Shout to [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION] who was right there (under a different name) understanding something was deeply wrong with how our players looked in what they were being asked to do:

View attachment 44719

Here's one for pipe dreams, as we saw what Manny Diaz's upfield scheme did in the one year turnaround:

It is a pipe dream if you think that a change in scheme would do anything for our defense. They are untalented and beaten down. Add in that our offense is missing its 3 most explosive players in Duke, Dorsett and now Coley....you end up losing to DUKE.

I am tired of hearing your scheme BS. Our DL slants and stunts half the game so your 1 gap vs 2 gap argument is garbage. But you KNOW WHAT THE **** YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT....SO CARRY ON.

It's one **** of a straw man argument by CanesSB. I'm not even bothering with him because it doesn't address such a simple question. Plus, there are just blatant lies in there. A guy who says we play 1 gap and slants and stunts HALF THE GAME is either just trolling or exaggerating for effect.

It's basically an enormous excuse formed to avoid the simplest of all questions: people like this are saying we don't have enough talent to slow down Duke. But, teams like Memphis, Troy and others do. Come on, man.

Mannnn I remember arguing with people all the time on here about our 2-gap BS. I stated from the beginning that (IMO) the 2-gap stuff would never work here. That was usually followed by...

"It works for Alabama!"
or...
"It gonna get our guys ready for the NFL!"

Advertisement

View attachment 44719

The most amazing thing about links you posted is the amount of porsters that porsted there and have since been band.

and who the fvck is fastcane?

I did get to find another assy booger porst to neg. Thank you for that my friend.

Remember one year under EL Foldo we had the second most draft picks. I think now we are going to see the quality draft picks again. Multiple early rounds etc

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Pete, send this to every commit and undecided prospect. They need to read this and understand what Miami is about. Even with below average coaches and records, we have continued to supply the NFL with concrete players. The talent has always been here. Richt knew this when he signed up.

Advertisement
Back