ESPN Article on Hartley: SEC BIAS

L A M P

Reformed Mope
Premium
Between the title & article, you'd never even know he was let go.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...odd-hartley-miami-hurricanes-tight-ends-coach

Georgia hires Todd Hartley from Miami as TE coach

Jan 14, 2019

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia coach Kirby Smart has hired Todd Hartley from Miami to coach the Bulldogs' tight ends. Hartley returns to Georgia after spending the last three seasons as Miami's special-teams coordinator and tight-ends coach. A native of Gray, Georgia, Hartley was Georgia's director of player personnel in 2015 following four seasons on the Marshall staff. He first worked at Georgia as a student assistant from 2005 to 2008.

Smart said Hartley is proven "as an excellent position coach and as a top-notch recruiter." On Friday, Smart promoted James Coley to offensive coordinator after Jim Chaney moved to Tennessee. Chaney coached tight ends in addition to directing Georgia's offense last season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow, that is incredibly misleading. Makes it look like Georgia stole him from Miami.
Georgia guy hit me with "we took your TE coach". I said "he was also our special teams coach! And he was fired! lol And we fired your OC too.

He’s a solid TE coach and great recruiter.

Funny to think that UGAs OC and TE coach were both let go by Miami

Advertisement
He’s a solid TE coach and great recruiter.

Funny to think that UGAs OC and TE coach were both let go by Miami

Yep. Good hire by GA. But I get Diaz wanting a clean slate on offense. When you have the worst offense in program history, change is needed

Really surprised we didnt bring him back in...

I thought his position group was always ready to go no matter who was playing (wasn't his fault that Mork didnt know how to use Njoku or Herndon properly) and even had his two true frosh studs ready to roll with Irvin and Polendy injuries

Between the title & article, you'd never even know he was let go.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...odd-hartley-miami-hurricanes-tight-ends-coach

Georgia hires Todd Hartley from Miami as TE coach

Jan 14, 2019

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia coach Kirby Smart has hired Todd Hartley from Miami to coach the Bulldogs' tight ends. Hartley returns to Georgia after spending the last three seasons as Miami's special-teams coordinator and tight-ends coach. A native of Gray, Georgia, Hartley was Georgia's director of player personnel in 2015 following four seasons on the Marshall staff. He first worked at Georgia as a student assistant from 2005 to 2008.

Smart said Hartley is proven "as an excellent position coach and as a top-notch recruiter." On Friday, Smart promoted James Coley to offensive coordinator after Jim Chaney moved to Tennessee. Chaney coached tight ends in addition to directing Georgia's offense last season.
who cares, we stole Sabans OC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Georgia lost their DC Mel Tucker to Colorado opening

Lost Chaney to Tennessee lol lateral move of the decade

And they had to promote Coley lol he ain’t half the OC Chaney is

The only guys I know that stuck around are Kirby Del McGee n Sam Pittman

Best 2 to keep tho Sam and Del kill it recruiting OLs and RBs

Oh yea and Georgia tried to steal LSU top recruiter Corey Raymond couldn’t get em

Also tried to get Eddie Gran from Kentucky failed

With Holyfield, Hardman, Ridley, Nauta, etc leaving

They better watch out in Jax

UGa came after him last summer as well.
Made an offer
He turned them down.
They hired Scott Fountain back.
They took him this time... what does that say about the state of the UGa staff?
I am a fan of Hartley but them taking him... well it looks bad for THEM.
Wish him lots of luck. The TE room is pretty empty with Issac declaring and Ford transferring.

Advertisement
Back