ESPN Article Excerpt Miami Coaches

Lauderdale

Redshirt Freshman
Excerpt from ESPN:

"Why would Miami, considering where it is located with respects to talent-building, be housed by Louisville in consecutive games by two different coaches? Why would it be a clear underdog against a Nebraska squad that had to miraculously defeat McNeese State in Lincoln?

Ready? As much as it's on Golden, I'm told it's more the company he keeps.

One ACC coach said he sees the staff as "iffy." Someone close to the program said that before things improve, if they improve, Golden has to re-evaluate the coaches around him.

"FSU wasn't crying because [James Coley] went to Miami," one coach said, referring to Miami's second-year OC, who is known as more of a recruiter than a coordinator. "They're doing OK [at FSU], aren't they?"

Another ACC coach said the defense is a mess.

"He brought too many people with him from Temple," he said.

You know where this story is going. The head coach, in an effort to save himself, is asked to make moves with his staff.

Win or lose against Duke, Miami will be hard-pressed to be any better than a seven- or eight-win team. If that's the case, Golden will have to retool his staff for 2015.

And if the Canes are in the four-to-six-win window? It could be Golden himself on the line."

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree this Saturday is truly a must win game the smoke is starting already you have Board of Trustee's coming out questioning Al coaching staff thats not a good sign but i truly think he going to ride to the end with his Assistants because he is to deep in and he is too stubborn to change its sad man i hope we do lose to Duke so we can clean house

When Golden fired Rick Petri and brought in Jethro I was ****ed. I knew Jethro wasn't going to be able to hold Petri's clipboard. If there is one coach from the previous staff I really wanted to keep it was Petri.

Advertisement
Excerpt from ESPN:

"Why would Miami, considering where it is located with respects to talent-building, be housed by Louisville in consecutive games by two different coaches? Why would it be a clear underdog against a Nebraska squad that had to miraculously defeat McNeese State in Lincoln?

Ready? As much as it's on Golden, I'm told it's more the company he keeps.

One ACC coach said he sees the staff as "iffy." Someone close to the program said that before things improve, if they improve, Golden has to re-evaluate the coaches around him.

"FSU wasn't crying because [James Coley] went to Miami," one coach said, referring to Miami's second-year OC, who is known as more of a recruiter than a coordinator. "They're doing OK [at FSU], aren't they?"

Another ACC coach said the defense is a mess.

"He brought too many people with him from Temple," he said.

You know where this story is going. The head coach, in an effort to save himself, is asked to make moves with his staff.

Win or lose against Duke, Miami will be hard-pressed to be any better than a seven- or eight-win team. If that's the case, Golden will have to retool his staff for 2015.

And if the Canes are in the four-to-six-win window? It could be Golden himself on the line."

I think Golden wrote this article, planning to can a few coaches at the end of the season to buy him and D'Gonorrhea another year.

And with our dumbass Administration and BOT members, it just might work. They can't see a disaster-in-progress to save their lives.

Last edited:
In before some dope shows up in this thread and claims this proves Golden and Co. are great coaches because if they were that bad, wouldn't the anonymous coaches say positive things so UM would keep them around.

I see the little hamster wheel turning in your mind.

Wow. You know it's bad when other ACC coaches (the worst major conference) are clowning Miami coaches.

Advertisement
In before some dope shows up in this thread and claims this proves Golden and Co. are great coaches because if they were that bad, wouldn't the anonymous coaches say positive things so UM would keep them around.

I see the little hamster wheel turning in your mind.

they will come in here to polish AG balls some more, give them time

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back