ESPN ACC Coastal projections

I think the Coastal will be improved this year. Which really is just because there’s no way to go but up after how bad the division was last year.

Our OOC schedule is such a joke. Temple, UAB and Wagner, with MSU as the “good” game? Blake James should be fired just for his OOC schedules.

Advertisement
I think the Coastal will be improved this year. Which really is just because there’s no way to go but up after how bad the division was last year.

Our OOC schedule is such a joke. Temple, UAB and Wagner, with MSU as the “good” game? Blake James should be fired just for his OOC schedules.
MSU has made a CFP had no idea that they’d be this bad when we scheduled a home and home years ago. UAB and Temple aren’t bad G5s either. Don’t get the complaints here.

We get Bama and MSU next season.

MSU has made a CFP had no idea that they’d be this bad when we scheduled a home and home years ago. UAB and Temple aren’t bad G5s either. Don’t get the complaints here.

We get Bama and MSU next season.

We shouldn’t be playing 3 non-Power 5 teams a year. And we should never play an FCS team. (Especially one as bad as Wagner.)

I think we should play 3 Power 5 teams OOC a year, and one Group of 5 team.

A bad ACC Coastal schedule and an even worse OOC schedule. Our schedules are embarrassing.

We shouldn’t be playing 3 non-Power 5 teams a year. And we should never play an FCS team. (Especially one as bad as Wagner.)

I think we should play 3 Power 5 teams OOC a year, and one Group of 5 team.

A bad ACC Coastal schedule and an even worse OOC schedule. Our schedules are embarrassing.
Bama plays Georgia State, Ken St and Tennessee Martin. Everyone is doing this. It’s also to guarantee a certain number of home games each year. I really don’t know what to tell you, pal. We have 2 P5 OC games next year and that’s probably more than the entire SEC.

Bama plays Georgia State, Ken St and Tennessee Martin. Everyone is doing this. It’s also to guarantee a certain number of home games each year. I really don’t know what to tell you, pal. We have 2 P5 OC games next year and that’s probably more than the entire SEC.

I think that SEC OOC schedules are ridiculous.

However, it’s a bit more defensible for SEC teams to play those crud OOC schedules. Since SEC teams actually play good conference schedules.

Advertisement
I think that SEC OOC schedules are ridiculous.

However, it’s a bit more defensible for SEC teams to play those crud OOC schedules. Since SEC teams actually play good conference schedules.
We’re 13-13 against this poo schedule the last two years. I’d much rather see some Ws this season and build on that momentum into sustained success before whining about the OOC, but that’s just mean.

I actually am glad our schedule is set up like this for 2020. Not being able to install the O in Spring Camp puts us behind.

These games will allow us to get some young guys playing time and set the depth chart for conference play.

Last season the O was awful and we had such a **** show on field goals/extra points.

If the O can move the ball and put up points while not giving up so many sacks and turnovers.....we are going to surprise some people.

I love being picked 3rd. Let's show up and have the talking heads picking their nose at the end of the year.

I like that pundits and “experts” are underrating us right now. Better than overrating us.

Everyone, from the coaching staff on down, should come into this season with a massive chip on their shoulders.

Advertisement
One word for you Manny!!

manny dancing withheadphones.gif

and Manny's gotta do what Manny gotta do

But this time he has NO EXCUSES

I’m a huge believer in the universe and it doing what it does. Faith 🤔 If it’s ever going to give us a back season, this is it. Everyone who’s watched Cane’s football for the last 15 years knows that an 0-2 team is just as likely to be 0-3 as it is 1-2 during any three game stretch. Not to mention the final three of the season. There’s no “we’re due” in Coral Gables. I’m also acutely aware that we’re going into this season with more depth, four stars, “starters” back (due to transfers & youth last season) than anytime since the Jacory days. The coastal and ACC is down again and our biggest threat is a young overrated unc with a tough first three games. This is looking very similar to 2017 with an elite QB under center. Our defense won’t be in a bad spot every time it lines up and might come back into a game rested. We have a punter and a kicker. I don’t gamble anymore, but I lament not getting us at 300-1 before the season started to win it all. We’ve had the talent, but couldn’t stay focused and drama free off the field to save our lives. The culture of working off the field has been dead for almost twenty years now. Welcome Coronavirus! Workout and watch film young Canes, we’re back. We have nothing else to do. 🙌 I’ll bet anyone who’d like to, the storyline of the season will be the following
1) The speed is back in Miami
2) Top tier NFL talent
3) The freshman class
4) The Heisman caliber QB
5) Lawrence vs. King
We are going to the ACC championship game undefeated and we will beat Clemson

for those who can’t remember, Jimmy, Dennis, Butch and Manny were all hated year one. Randy, Golden and Clappy all got mad love. I’ll bet on hate, it’s a Canes thing

I gave Randy a try; but naw bro....I absolutely hated Golden. I tried to justify the hire during his first yr (**** O&G glasses), but that hire let me know where we were as a program. His secret scavenger hunt put me w the hoodie on.

I’m not not sure Dennis wasn’t hated yr 1 as he won us a title off the back. But, I’m willing to give Manny a 2nd yr reprieve & pretend we didn’t see one of the most unprepared teams in the nation week in and out. It’s not as simple as W’s & L’s.....the muthafukin team was dancing while losing w the staff encouraging them. So, Manny is literally going to have to show much more than winning some ball games; what will this team do when adversity hits? Will we fight back? Will these kids still be OK w/ losing? If so, then we have our answer on his stripes.

I gave Randy a try; but naw bro....I absolutely hated Golden. I tried to justify the hire during his first yr (**** O&G glasses), but that hire let me know where we were as a program. His secret scavenger hunt put me w the hoodie on.

I’m not not sure Dennis wasn’t hated yr 1 as he won us a title off the back. But, I’m willing to give Manny a 2nd yr reprieve & pretend we didn’t see one of the most unprepared teams in the nation week in and out. It’s not as simple as W’s & L’s.....the muthafukin team was dancing while losing w the staff encouraging them. So, Manny is literally going to have to show much more than winning some ball games; what will this team do when adversity hits? Will we fight back? Will these kids still be OK w/ losing? If so, then we have our answer on his stripes.
I’m with you on the Manny part. So many questions still to be answered. The coaching left EVERYTHING to be desired. I hope the kicking game and quarterback going from levels of despair to elite solve the losing problem. We’ve all seen good teams overcome poor coaching. Like everyone else, I just want to win. We have the talent for real this time. I hope it doesn’t get wasted.
As for the love hate history, everyone hated Dennis lol He won and still couldn’t get the love Jimmy left with. Randy got a free pass, because he was a Cane and a winner as a coach and player. Everyone thought he’d recruit lights out and “clean” up the program. Fail lol Golden was liked, because everyone just wanted to get through the ncaa mess. You are right on all of it. Just win baby!!!!!!!

I’m with you on the Manny part. So many questions still to be answered. The coaching left EVERYTHING to be desired. I hope the kicking game and quarterback going from levels of despair to elite solve the losing problem. We’ve all seen good teams overcome poor coaching. Like everyone else, I just want to win. We have the talent for real this time. I hope it doesn’t get wasted.
As for the love hate history, everyone hated Dennis lol He won and still couldn’t get the love Jimmy left with. Randy got a free pass, because he was a Cane and a winner as a coach and player. Everyone thought he’d recruit lights out and “clean” up the program. Fail lol Golden was liked, because everyone just wanted to get through the ncaa mess. You are right on all of it. Just win baby!!!!!!!

I agree man; I’m so tired of wasting talent. Manny pulled off an incredible off season; he’s been here, total, 5 yrs now. He has everything in his favor. There’s no excuse for this season. ****; I even lowered my standard to 9 wins this yr (reg season) just to account for any kinks & adjustments.

If we hover around 5-7 wins this yr, he & the AD need to be shown the door; and I mean that w all sincerity.

Advertisement
I agree man; I’m so tired of wasting talent. Manny pulled off an incredible off season; he’s been here, total, 5 yrs now. He has everything in his favor. There’s no excuse for this season. ****; I even lowered my standard to 9 wins this yr (reg season) just to account for any kinks & adjustments.

If we hover around 5-7 wins this yr, he & the AD need to be shown the door; and I mean that w all sincerity.

Wasting talent is one of the worst things anyone can endure.

No one doubts Manny's ability to attract talent...he is unquestionably one of the best we've had.

Unfortunately his game preparation and game day coaching has been abysmal

Hopefully the coaching changes will cover up this weakness.

I really have no idea what to expect this year....what this team should do vs. what it has done have not been close recently

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back