ESPN 58-0 loss turned us into contender

Advertisement
And yet that same clown network told us how dare the fans demand us be a top program.

They said nobody wants to coach here and ridiculed us for banners.

We we, of course, correct.

It's because ESPN helped spread the false narrative that the University of Miami couldn't afford a championship level football program. "no money for coaches and facilities and the dwindling attendance was proof that they'd never be able to afford the costs of being a title contender. Yet somehow, now they can afford it. Strange how that works.

Everyone knew firing Golden was half the problem. Getting a real coach to replace him was the other half. We lucked out in a big way that Georgia fired Richt when they did. I can't imagine ANY other coach coming in and changing the culture so quickly.

Advertisement
Everyone knew firing Golden was half the problem. Getting a real coach to replace him was the other half. We lucked out in a big way that Georgia fired Richt when they did. I can't imagine ANY other coach coming in and changing the culture so quickly.

excellent point. it was as much about top to bottom culture as anything else.

"[James] then texted deputy athletic director Jennifer Strawley, who was on her way to a women's basketball game when she noticed the text. "Stay tuned," James had written."

Petey up in Blake's phone.

Certain people knew this job was a 5 star job, Cowherd and others knew that Miami could be back in a heart beat because of the recruiting grounds.

Advertisement
We flew banners and had NOBODY in the stands

No IPF, little boosters, and an average roster

We landed one of the winningest coaches in CFB

Tennessee can't get anyone to take that dumpster fire job

Florida got passed up 3 times

FSU begging their coach to stay

Clearly Miami is a great job

It's a great job, "for the right kind of coach." Nice article.....I never really read or heard much about what was going on behind the scenes at that time.

I always had hoped that the 58-0 loss was the beginning of a turnaround. It was kind of reminiscent of when Syracuse destroyed this team in the late 90's.

Advertisement
Not even close to the same situation as the 98 blowout loss to Cuse. Not even in the same stratosphere.

Except the fact that 2 years later we were in the national title picture. Exactly like we are now, 2 years after the loss to Clemson. Different circumstances, but eerily similar results.

be cool for Richt to name the 3 guys who started against clemson on that beatdown as team captains for this game

"When Strawley and James went to pick him up to take him to Miami for his news conference, Richt relayed his emotional farewell. He told them his Georgia players all threw up the "U" to wish him well."

That's respect to the infinite power.

Praise God.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back