2025 Eric Winters 4* LB from Enterprise, Alabama

Be very surprised if we get him or Grady. Def a testament to Mario recruiting. That part of Alabama is super pro SEC. Crazy Enterprise has two national ranked players.
It's been asked before, is he a safety or backer for us? He's being listed at both.

Advertisement
But good thing is Enterprise is a heavily military school due to its proximity to a helicopter aviation school is previous Ft. Rucker now Ft. Novosel or something like that. So parents could not be from Alabama region.

It's been asked before, is he a safety or backer for us? He's being listed at both.
If I had to say I would think Winters is being recruited for the Sam/Nickel hybrid role that Cam Pruitt has been playing this spring. The same position that KJ Cloyd played last year.

Positional versatility is a fundamental aspect of Lance Guidry's defensive philosophy. His defense uses hybrid players at 3 key positions. You have the Jack DE position that is a hybrid of DE/OLB, the Sam/Nickel position I referenced above which is a hybrid of an OLB/Safety and the Star/Nickel DB which is generally a hybrid of CB/Safety.

Employing these hybrid positions allows Guidry the flexibility to adjust/match up with different offensive personnel without having to substitute as much as he would otherwise.

Be very surprised if we get him or Grady. Def a testament to Mario recruiting. That part of Alabama is super pro SEC. Crazy Enterprise has two national ranked players.
3, or soon to be with Andrew Purcell.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 10.36.12 PM.png

Advertisement
Mario is about to make Enterprise a Miami pipeline (LOL)

@DMoney with an eye opening update. Already know we're in a great spot with Grady, but apparently we're in a tremendous spot now with Winters, and Fong is in agreement? Anyone seen Fong's update?

"I want to say I'm a week or two away," Winters told 247Sports earlier this week.

Winters has official visits scheduled to three of the four — Georgia (June 7), Auburn (June 14), and Miami (June 21).

Whether he will commit prior to those visits is to be determined. If he commits before them, he hasn't yet finalized whether he will take all his official visits or just the chosen school, but as of right now he plans to take all three.

As Winters reaches the final stages, two programs are rising to the top.

"I would say Auburn and Georgia right now," he said.

uh... :(

Advertisement

"I want to say I'm a week or two away," Winters told 247Sports earlier this week.

Winters has official visits scheduled to three of the four — Georgia (June 7), Auburn (June 14), and Miami (June 21).

Whether he will commit prior to those visits is to be determined. If he commits before them, he hasn't yet finalized whether he will take all his official visits or just the chosen school, but as of right now he plans to take all three.

As Winters reaches the final stages, two programs are rising to the top.

"I would say Auburn and Georgia right now," he said.

uh... :(

Recruiting rule: never trust what a recruit says publicly in an interview

Advertisement
Back