Ereck Flowers

U

User-4525

His performance against this man

88.jpg

will be a big factor in his draft stock for 2015. A great performance and he can make a lot of money. Imo flowers is our only prospect with a shot at going in the first round next year. Would be great for him to start the 1st round cycle again.

Flowers-Coley-Thomas/Kaaya?-And so on...

Advertisement
I think Tracy has first round talent but he isn't being utilized correctly.

He reminds me a bit of Ronde Barber. Not great speed or elite man to man skills but good in zone coverage and can bump and run very well.

Of course, Golden and D have him lining up 5 yards off the line.

Last edited:
Flowers & Coley are the only two who consistently showed first round talent last season. If Duke kept his speed with his added weight he could be a very interesting prospect even though the RB isn't what it once was. He's already an elite runner with great pass catching ability out of the back field.

Coley is the only 1st round prospect I see on Miami's roster. Denzel is getting a lot of love in these early 2015 draft projections.

Advertisement
Erick should probably stay for his fourth year unless. OT is a premier position in NFL with long career life. Unless next year's draft is short on OT's, he would be better off putting in another year. Either way, he could be an easy 1st round pick--didn't he start at tackle first game of freshmen year?

Flowers & Coley are the only two who consistently showed first round talent last season. If Duke kept his speed with his added weight he could be a very interesting prospect even though the RB isn't what it once was. He's already an elite runner with great pass catching ability out of the back field.

I truly love Flowers potential but have to disagree that he showed first round ability last year. He was too inconsistent to be in the first round, but from a talent stand point could be a top five pick. Hopefully it all clicks this year and he can go make himself some cash.

Advertisement

He reminds me on Ronde Barber. Not great speed or elite man to man skills but good in zone coverage and can bump and run very well.

Of course. Golden and D have him lining up 5 yards off the line.

He has first round cover skills but he is not fast or tall coaching has nothing to do with that

He reminds me on Ronde Barber. Not great speed or elite man to man skills but good in zone coverage and can bump and run very well.

He has first round cover skills but he is not fast or tall coaching has nothing to do with that

The idea that Tracy hasn't played man to man here is hilarious. Kinda gives you an idea of the agenda behind the post.

Back to topic. Yes, Flowers will be the next first rounder should his development continue the way it has. #TrendingUp

Ronde Barber was picked in the 3rd Round.

Advertisement
I could give a **** if they all go undrafted..just win some games this year that you are suppose too...

Actually next years draft has a chance for a 3-4 1st rounders for us. It would take great seasons from each player but it's definitely a possibility. Flowers IMO will go the highest(probably top 20), Duke(if he can stay healthy for a change and continue to put up big #s), Howard(continues to improve and shut down guys like he did for the most part last year), and Perryman(who's finally playing MLB where he belongs and will dominate). Also having guys get drafted high does get noticed by recruits believe it or not. So for those of you that say, just win games, I don't care how high they get drafted, it actually matters a great deal. Not only does it give the university(football team) recognition but it also shows how good the coaches are developing these guys and that there schemes are putting them on the map. So yes its actually a big deal.... Having drafts like we just did where Linder was the highest drafted in the 3rd round is pathetic. There should be guys drafted yearly at least as high as the 2nd round. Definitely gives the school recognition which helps big time in recruiting.

I think a better metric of successful talent develop is total players drafted. We all love to see Miami putting guys in the first round. No arguments there.

But I want to see depth represented in the draft class. Year over year of 7 to 10 players selected.

Advertisement
Actually next years draft has a chance for a 3-4 1st rounders for us. It would take great seasons from each player but it's definitely a possibility. Flowers IMO will go the highest(probably top 20), Duke(if he can stay healthy for a change and continue to put up big #s), Howard(continues to improve and shut down guys like he did for the most part last year), and Perryman(who's finally playing MLB where he belongs and will dominate). Also having guys get drafted high does get noticed by recruits believe it or not. So for those of you that say, just win games, I don't care how high they get drafted, it actually matters a great deal. Not only does it give the university(football team) recognition but it also shows how good the coaches are developing these guys and that there schemes are putting them on the map. So yes its actually a big deal.... Having drafts like we just did where Linder was the highest drafted in the 3rd round is pathetic. There should be guys drafted yearly at least as high as the 2nd round. Definitely gives the school recognition which helps big time in recruiting.

I love Howard, but there is no chance he ever goes in the first. He's way too slow for an average sized corner. My opinion, he tops out as a 3rd rounder. He can go on to be a very good pro, but the draft is about measurable, especially early. Further down the road, but I think Burns and Elder have much more draft upside than Howard.

I think a better metric of successful talent develop is total players drafted. We all love to see Miami putting guys in the first round. No arguments there.

But I want to see depth represented in the draft class. Year over year of 7 to 10 players selected.

Agree 100% Though this stat from 247 is interesting.

6 colleges have yielded 20+ draft picks in the last four years.

Alabama leads the nation with 30 players drafted over the last four years.

Overall, six programs have yielded 20+ draft picks in the last four years.

Alabama: 5 (2011), 8 (2012), 9 (2013), 8 (2014) = 30 total

LSU: 6, 5, 9, 9 = 29 total

FSU: 3, 4, 11, 7 = 25 total

Georgia: 6, 7, 8, 2 = 23 total

Oklahoma: 4, 7, 6, 4 = 21 total

UNC: 9, 2, 5, 5 = 21 total

Wisconsin: 5, 6, 3, 5 = 19 total

Miami: 8, 6, 2, 3 = 19 total

USC: 9, 3, 4, 3 = 19 total

Notre Dame: 1, 4, 6, 8 = 19 total

Ohio State: 5, 4, 3, 6 = 18 total

Florida: 4, 2, 8, 4 = 18 total

Clemson: 6, 4, 3, 5 = 18 total

We still have had more draft picks than most colleges deemed "better than Miami" We still have more players picked in the last four years than UF. That number tells me there has been talent on these teams.

Agree 100% Though this stat from 247 is interesting.

6 colleges have yielded 20+ draft picks in the last four years.

Alabama leads the nation with 30 players drafted over the last four years.

Overall, six programs have yielded 20+ draft picks in the last four years.

Alabama: 5 (2011), 8 (2012), 9 (2013), 8 (2014) = 30 total

LSU: 6, 5, 9, 9 = 29 total

FSU: 3, 4, 11, 7 = 25 total

Georgia: 6, 7, 8, 2 = 23 total

Oklahoma: 4, 7, 6, 4 = 21 total

UNC: 9, 2, 5, 5 = 21 total

Wisconsin: 5, 6, 3, 5 = 19 total

Miami: 8, 6, 2, 3 = 19 total

USC: 9, 3, 4, 3 = 19 total

Notre Dame: 1, 4, 6, 8 = 19 total

Ohio State: 5, 4, 3, 6 = 18 total

Florida: 4, 2, 8, 4 = 18 total

Clemson: 6, 4, 3, 5 = 18 total

We still have had more draft picks than most colleges deemed "better than Miami" We still have more players picked in the last four years than UF. That number tells me there has been talent on these teams.

Interesting. Solid work.

Advertisement
Back