Equaling last year's class

Last year around this time we had a crazy ratio, something like 13 out of 17 commits being espn 300 guys. This year 4 out of 14 are espn 300 guys. That’s a problem and I’ve said that last week. Need to go up in quality on the class if we are trying to get to the top of college football
Way too worried about rankings at this point. Still have The Opening and fall evals.

Advertisement
many of these kids we have will be rated higher in 6 months and that will give us bump all by itself

I don't see how Cameron Williams, Marcus Crowley, Jarvis Brownlee, and Samuel Brooks (assuming 100% back from injury) don't end up 4 stars

Agree... Crowley had a legit Bama RB offer but he’s just a 3 star “class filler”

This class will get some nice bumps... and even if they don’t If it’s obvious to us a kids a stud like it was to the staff like a DJ Ivey I could careless if he was a 2 star

Agree... Crowley had a legit Bama RB offer but he’s just a 3 star “class filler”

This class will get some nice bumps... and even if they don’t If it’s obvious to us a kids a stud like it was to the staff like a DJ Ivey I could careless if he was a 2 star
Bumps don’t always come, rather recruit like bama does in terms of 50% or better blue chips in the class every year than not. Last year was excellent and how it should be annually for Miami

We need the right Oline combination and better overall recruiting on that front. The rest will take care of itself as far as championships go.

Advertisement
Bumps don’t always come, rather recruit like bama does in terms of 50% or better blue chips in the class every year than not. Last year was excellent and how it should be annually for Miami

You don't want Sam Brooks in this class? Brownlee? Cameron Williams? Crowley?

You probably hated that 3* project we took last year (Gregory Rousseau)

Trust the staff and their evaluations this early in a recruiting cycle until they give us reason not to trust them.

Trust the staff and their evaluations this early in a recruiting cycle until they give us reason not to trust them.
You putting words in my mouth, I’m definitely more than fine with Crowley, brooks and Williams in the class. Brownlee is okay but D good?Idk about that one

Advertisement
You putting words in my mouth, I’m definitely more than fine with Crowley, brooks and Williams in the class. Brownlee is okay but D good?Idk about that one

Theres a few "reaches" there but we have to let it play out. Let's see what kind of season Good puts together. He has elite measurables that can't be taught. If he isn't what the coaches expect him to be, there's plenty of time to look in a different direction.

You know how wishy washy recruiting rankings are this early. Nesta, Garvin, Ivey were all 3 stars at this time in their respective class.

Yep.

Go back and and check the Rousseau commitment thread. Brock and every other star ***** was complaining, saying **** like "I don't get this one". He was wrong, the exact same way he'll be wrong about Good.

OP talks about needing to add someone like Dunmore. Why? He's not good when the pads come on, I don't care what his rating is. Give me 3* TJ Jones over him.

Sure, guys like Bogle, MAR, Neal, Stevenson - yeah those guys we need. But just caring about what our 247 score is is insanely dumb.

This class will likely not rank as high as last years and that's okay. It is early in the process, and rankings for our current and future commits will likely change (Brownlee, Munoz, Brooks, Crowley Williams should all get bumps in the Fall). I agree with your list other than Dunmore (not happening) and that would give us 14 4*/5* guys, the exact same as last year. If we sign around 14 blue chips a year, we will have championship-caliber depth at most (if not all) positions.

The difference between this year and last is that most of the big fish are still uncommitted.
Agreed. Far too early to give points assessments since some will get bumps, a surprise commit and if we get our main targets.

Just comparing class to class. Watching game tape of each and highlights at the OL/DL camps of both Nesta Silvera and Denzel Daxon and do you see one player who is ranked 54 in the country and another who is ranked 565. Daxon is a mean SOB and will be starting next to Nesta in a few years, obviously I don't think he is a top 60 recruit in the country but he deserves to be ranked much higher than 565. Michael Tarquin compared to Delone Scaife and Cleveland Reed. I'd take him over Reed who was ranked higher than him. I think he deserves to be ranked a lot closer to where Scaife was ranked which was 149. Crowley should be much closer to where Davis was last year at 179 than in the 500's like he is currently ranked. I just don't see a huge difference in talent last year to this year. This class is shaping up to fill in a lot of the needs left after last year's class (LB, DT, DE, OL) with very talented players in Huff, Soloman, Brooks, Daxon, Tarquin, Eguakin, Williams, plus the guy we are favored to get.

Advertisement
Yep.

Go back and and check the Rousseau commitment thread. Brock and every other star ***** was complaining, saying **** like "I don't get this one". He was wrong, the exact same way he'll be wrong about Good.

OP talks about needing to add someone like Dunmore. Why? He's not good when the pads come on, I don't care what his rating is. Give me 3* TJ Jones over him.

Sure, guys like Bogle, MAR, Neal, Stevenson - yeah those guys we need. But just caring about what our 247 score is is insanely dumb.
Imagine comparing good to rousseau, and i eventually came around to rousseau before his senior season started where he had a really good year. My whole stance before that was how did he have an offer at the time and not chatfield. Clearly I was Wrong and not afraid to admit that

Attachments

• 0B775242-C3E5-43A6-9C0C-D11B500DEEFB.jpeg
    0B775242-C3E5-43A6-9C0C-D11B500DEEFB.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 5
  • FBD4B84A-B044-4C26-BA85-1B3705773560.jpeg
    FBD4B84A-B044-4C26-BA85-1B3705773560.jpeg
    491.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
We’re an anomaly to the “need this many 5*’s to win”. Why? We get guys like Crowley who if he played in PA or OH he’d be a top 20 player nationally because he’d run for 4000 yards & 50 td’s. Trust the staffs evals & relax. We’re getting a ring with Richt. Just need a trigger man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back