Enough is Enough

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
Too many conflicting reports out here regarding Golden. We know Blake James is just a damage control, fundraiser. He's not a real AD, what-so-ever;however, what we don't know is if he's just doing lip-service like Michigan's AD did w/ Brady Hoke at the beginning of the season, or have the BOT really decided that Golden is the (cough, cough) right man for the job. If it's the latter, then a change needs to happen, and that change can only come from us as fans.

I, personally, am not a season ticket holder b/c I don't live in the state...but I go to at least two Cane games a year. That's not happening anymore. For the casual fan purchasing a couple of games of year, we have no say in the matter. However, the bretherns that are purchasing season tickets, donating to the athletic dept...you, my friends, have the most powerful voice...the voice of money. It is you that need to be our voice and ending this fiascal. You need to blast the AD along w/ the BOT and start cancelling all season tickets. You need to remove your name from the Donor List. It is time to stand up and say enough is enough.

Maybe these bozos don't get the "U" mantra, but most of us who have followed the Canes since birth or the last couple of decades, do. We're an iconic college football program of the modern era. We have NCAA rules set b/c of our brashness and our take on anyone at anytime anywhere mentality. We invented the word "SWAG" for college football. Now, we're having that all take away from us. It was already painful to see the OB go down, but now we have to sit back and watch our football program go down? The same program that produced RB-U, TE-U, WR-U, the original NFLU? The same program that ESPN had to do not one, but two 30/30 films on? Enough is Enough. Your voice is the only voice that matters....ESPECIALLY when you're dealing with a small private school that needs all the funding possible. If you're as frustrated as us "casual" fans, let the BOT, President, and AD know by hitting them where it really matters, their pockets. That's the only way they can see we're not going to allow mediocrity to become the standard of the program that set trends for all other programs to follow.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

If you are depressed, you are living in the past.

If you are anxious, you are living in the future.

If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Advertisement
The OP is right, though. If there were a substantial number of discontinued season purchases and donations, we'd get some action.

I've already given up my season tix until we have a meaningful coaching change. I've just had enough of watching our once-proud program run into the ground.

Advertisement
Back